Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meter Location and Fuse Boards

Options
  • 17-01-2022 6:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭

I am sorting out an old house at the moment that is split up into flats.

Currently it has 5 metres

1 for each flat = 3

1 for stairs

1 other which I assume was for the garage

I don't think 2 of them are actually in use (hall & garage) but they are there

So I have a few questions.

1)Can I get the power turned on on the old meters? They have the little tags and inspection bits by them

2) Can I run the main power down to the garage about 100m away from main building and have the fuse board in the garage away from the meter?

3) are grants by the meter number as opposed to the address? (it is certainly 3 households but 5 meters and garage maybe a business property soon)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭meercat

1. You need a certificate from a rec

2. Yes,once adequate measures are in place ( cable sizes,protection etc)

3.what grant are you applying for

• Registered Users Posts: 8,404 ✭✭✭Ray Palmer

Thanks for the reply

I was thinking about the solar panel grants. I know when the insulation grant was first going it was by household and meter. As a result the property was able to have 3 grants they later changed it to one grant per building

Advertisement