Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claire Byrne Live (RTE1)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,298 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Those scumbags are dolemerchants, they won't be seeking or getting an education, they are destined for Dolelife.

• So it is because she was full of Irish Middle Class culture that “we see Ashling in us” therefore she is more important (all due respect etc) to us than a mere working class person or one of foreign hue, so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭lalababa

Hmmm this virtue signaling business is getting more insidious...almost like if you don't signal you are the problem...very childish stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

They are making mighty presumptions about the incident last week.

I wonder how the topic of conversation would change if it turned out it was a psychotic attack and mental health services failed the person.

Keith said "looking back, I wish I didn't leave the whatsapp group and I just said it!"

No one would give a fcuk about what Walshe says! No one is going to question themselves because that lad said something.

• Advertisement

• Mind you, a very serious abuser (died recently) I knew was a successful pillar of society, a teacher, and once honoured by the Pope, although Pope Francis later took the honour off him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 474 ✭✭cassette50

I'm sure he was rehearsing his speech all day, praying it goes viral and he can get some TV work off the back of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

Prime Time and Claire Byrne lacking any reasonable balance, as tragic as the circumstances are.

• I have a relative who used to be held at knifepoint by his wife if he as much as questioned her frequent spending in high end retailers (she didn’t work) versus trying to pay the mortgage.

M

9 counties in Ireland with no refuge for women, wow what a scandal. There's not a single mens refuge in the entire country for comparison.

• Advertisement

More men die in workplaces accidents than women. If the stats were reversed there'd be some movement about how women are treated worse at work.

I was watching RTE earlier on and they were on about the pandemic and how it was bad financially for people across the globe. First line..."women bore the brunt of the pandemic"......38% of people who died from Covid were women....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

My mate that got his bollocks felt up (by a woman) a while ago as we went into Bruxelles (Dublin) just texted wondering should he take it further and will I go witness. It's a tricky one cos if we press charges, we'll be viewed as total wimps. Yep, it's tough being a bloke these days.

And then we'll have to deal with RTE ringing all the time to tell the story.

• My relative finally found refuge overseas. Couldn’t even return for parent’s funeral as would have been in danger.

I got my arse pinched many times without consent! I've even had women trying to unbutton my shirt.

M

How much departments and quango's do we bloody need in this country? There's ads on the radio telling you not to feed sweets to your kids as they will become obese.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Sandor Clegane

Of course Aishling wont be the last one, we've a population of around 4 billion, these things do happen you're never going to eradicate this type of incident from society, the world isn't and never will be a Utopia.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Some fairly shameful stuff on this shite show of a programme tonight, cervical check scandal, mother and babies homes being mentioned, how in the name of Jesus is this relevant to the shocking events in Tullamore. The fact women don't earn enough is now being discussed.

My own wife is actually seething listening to it, the grandstanding. Blatant using the murder of an innocent young girl to peddle their agendas, it's absolutely crass. And there is absolutely zero counter argument, not one voice questioning the relevance of it.

If I hear anyone else mentioning this as being a watershed I'll lose the plot. So what me make a collective decision to call out lads playing with themselves in public/spiking drinks (which 99% of men actually do call out anyway) and voila, no more women will be murdered.

It's absolutely ridiculous. Trying to outdo each other with their own stories. Anyone without a story will be feeling left out.

Is anyone going to ask what the relevance of this is to what happened in Tullamore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Women tend to go back to men who abuse them, I dunno why that is, but security ,a roof , a bed must be a massive part of it

This is an absolutely disgraceful show tonight.

Using Ashling Murphy's death as the firelighter for discussing domestic abuse and violence. There's no motive known for the attack so for all anyone knows, it was a psychotic attack by a man who's been failed by mental health services in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,933 ✭✭✭dominatinMC

I think I preferred it when she was obsessing over Covid!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Why are they talking as though it was a domestic violence incident? RTE are truly idiotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

I was abused by my partner, physically and mentally and I went back to her. Don't know what it is myself either if I'm honest. Self esteem maybe, feeling like we'd never get anyone else

M

Whistling to be banned by Friday.

A watershed moment. Helen McEntee wants to delivery a policy of zero tolerance in cases like this one against women.

Is there not zero tolerance policy towards murder in general FFS? Virtue signalling is going to make proper discourse very difficult in future, Margaret on Facebook will be happy with a soundbite rather than any substantive debate.

Lack of a women's refuge in Offaly is being attributed now. The hysteria is absolutely unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,048 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

more like women to be allowed to bear arms but not men

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,368 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Most women openly admit they'll always go for the bad guy, the womanizer, they guy in demand, the loud mouth over confident type, but then when it all goes bad they ask the question, that they always ask '' aren't there any nice guys out there''

Yes there are, but women don't give these guys the time of day

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭MOR316

Alison O'Connor: "I don't understand why men....yada yada....I just don't know why!"

Well maybe if there was a man on the show who didn't have his balls tucked in between his legs and gave their opinion you might find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,612 ✭✭✭archfi

Funnily enough, the probability that he was asked to come on that drought of a current affairs show is that he managed to get in quickly just after the murder with a tweet that 'trended'.

That's what RTE is about for the past 6 years - Twitter.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Advertisement

Why would any bloke go on and challenge the hysteria? Lamb to the slaughter, its a cause that cannot be questioned.

Youd be probably accused of disrespecting the poor girl who lost her life.

Advertisement