Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are your views on Multiculturalism in Ireland? - Threadbanned User List in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

When you throw in open borders you get Peter Sutherland's wet dream.

No national borders, no regional identities, just labour units and consumer units to be harnessed to make global multinationals rich.

When the ex chairman of Goldman Sachs, one of the most prominent leeching institutions in the world, is striving for something then beware.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 13,186 ✭✭✭✭jmayo

The shinners are one of the most pro immigration parties out there.

Which in effect means they are one of the most anti working person party out there.

Mass immigration is totally anti working class.

Anyone that debates otherwise is either a liar or a loon that will never be affected.

I am not allowed discuss …

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Glock17

You can have a welfare state or open borders..... you cant have both....

We don't have open borders. Even for EU citizens there are still some regulations/requirements for those wanting to stay in Ireland after the initial travel period is expended.

Secondly, a welfare state is unsustainable in the long term, as benefits/supports have to rise to meet the rising costs within the economy/society. The only reason that it continues is because politicians are too weak-willed to make the tough decisions and stand by them. Ultimately, at some point, we need to establish an alternative to the welfare state, that supports those who truly need help, but doesn't encourage dependencies to manifest.

A welfare state is simply too expensive to maintain. Just as the pensions are too expensive to maintain. Lovely ideas, but only really viable when our populations were smaller, and our economies were less expensive to maintain.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

The only thing getting enriched is these people's bank accounts...

and that's exactly what the EU is doing,no wonder the obsessive push for migrant quotas...can't have nasty nationalists destroying the project...an eu controlled landmass of economic/eu citizens,it will be Ireland in name only.

Funnily enough they never mention stopping migration just managing it...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

"The new Ireland of tomorrow should celebrate its multi-racial and multi-cultural make up, and ensure that Irish society becomes a truly inclusive and welcoming place for everyone who has chosen to make this country their home.

Sinn Féin is absolutely committed to helping achieve that ambition through progressive public policy and legislation, a rights-based, multi-racial and multi-cultural Ireland."

Someone here said it best...if everyone is Irish...then no one is

• Registered Users Posts: 5,919 ✭✭✭Cordell

Aliens 2000 years ago: What are they doing, they just killed someone they though it's the son of god, let's get out of here, let's come back in 2000 years.

Aliens now: What are they doing, they are sanctifying someone that attacked a pregnant woman, they are going backwards. Should we clean and start again?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Sinn Fein know that if they promote multiculturalism, they will have a new cohort of voters coming to Ireland which might get them into government. Voters which will be disproportionately welfare dependent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

Non-EU immigrants are disprortionaletely welfare dependent compared to Irish and EU immigrants, yes

• Advertisement

Of course. They exit the DP system on welfare, as they get a welfare payment in there.

If you're coming from some third world country and we put enough money into your pocket to give you a better life than working back home, why would you bother?.

At best some work PT and hold onto the bulk of the benefits.

They would also go onto the housing lists as well. I'd say it would be nearly 100%.

Do you think immigrants are just people in the asylum system?

Yes... Ive worked at the coal face in this and know more than anyone on here.

I've seen Dept of Justice(I think that's the Dept that holds the initial interview)interview papers which have even said "for a better life" and that person was here for 6 years(didn't even know what not to say and still here costing the tax payers money) It's actually farcical. I've seen many multiples of these interview papers.

You're completely confusing the DP system with say the asylum seekers that would have been accepted from Syria/Afghan over the years. They don't enter DP.

DP are the ones who arrive from France, UK, mainland Europe on commercial flights where "a man called John took my passport".

If following the correct procedure there should be 0% in that system as they have just travelled from another safe country as we don't have direct flights to any of the countries in question.

The system is so farcical I saw a man who had a deportation order against him.. addressed to him in... Prison... And saw him as far as two years after. That shows how effective that system is.

Your ignorance is outstanding! For someone who worked at the coalface, you don't appear to know too much.

And, anyway, immigrants are not all asylum seekers 🙄

'Immigrant ' - a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

Asylum seekers in the DP system ARE economic migrants... Almost exclusively, as they have flown through safe countries... Thus not asylum seekers.

Is there something wrong? Do you understand what an immigrant is? I gave you a definition

I don't care what you did. I was never talking about immigrants in the normal sense. I made it clear I was talking about DP, these are also immigrants and welfare dependent and non EU.

There would be very few non EU who are welfare dependent who didn't come through DP as you wouldn't be given a Visa in such circumstances.

That was the topic.

DP is the only avenue for "non EU who are welfare dependent". They are one and the same.

When asked if you think all immigrants are asylum seekers, you replied yes.

And it wasn't the topic. A poster stated that immigrants are more likely to be welfare dependant. Which clearly isn't true.

Certainly in the UK immigrants are poorer and need more taxpayer money....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭rgossip30

He used the asylum seekers which is distinct from immigrant .Your desperation to post rubbish shows you for what you are .

You could prove your claim that immigrants are not welfare dependant but again this makes your posts lack credibility.

I assume your comprehension difficulty is deliberate .

'Immigrant ' - a person who comes to live permanently in a foreign country.

Except, that's not the case. The truth of the matter is that many immigrants come to a country for a set period of a few years or more, and then leave. The reasons for immigration are varied but many of them are tied to wealth acquisition. So, people stay, work, acquire wealth, and return home after they've reached a certain point.

I lived in China for twelve years.. I was an immigrant for those twelve years. In the west, we often use the term expat instead, but it doesn't replace the term immigrant. It works alongside it.

As for Asylum seekers, the same holds true with regards to reasons. Some come for actual protection. Some come for economic reasons, as shown by the failure of many applications.

Now, I know you've blocked me Bubbly, but this is for others to consider. Taking an absolute when it comes to those in DP or who have been accepted as Asylum seekers weakens any objection to the current situation. Recognition needs to be made that there are valid Asylum seeker claims which are rooted in the original reason why the Asylum status is there.

Asylum seekers are still technically immigrants. Some will stay permanently. Many will stay while the danger exists to them, or until they have the wealth to move elsewhere. There is no requirement on a AS to stay in Ireland indefinitely... and traditionally, the perspective on AS was that it was a temporary measure, and that the State would not have to support them forever, but as with most things, they evolve over time, and the perception changes.

What does any of that have to do with my post you quoted?

My post stated that we have a very high standard of living in Ireland, which we do.

Perhaps your comprehension difficulty is not deliberate

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 23,151 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

There's people in Ireland who'd rather crimes were committed by Irish than foreigners because they fear foreigners will be tarnished because of it.

If someones first thought when someone is charged is "I wish the name and nationality wasn't released as it'll give the anti foreigners ammo".

It's like when there's a bombing and some peoples first reaction is "I hope it wasn't muslims who did it". 🙄

I would imagine most people just want offenders arrested and convicted, regardless of their nationality or religion.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭drivingmissdaisy

Hard to disagree with what he is saying

No sound, just subtitles

More migrants coming in will solve the problem.

I was not replying about Irelands high standard of living but the distinction between immigrants and asylum seekers who are more welfare dependant hope that is clear enough .

• Advertisement

Do you think mass immigration reduces or improves the quality of life in Ireland?

Imho, on any metric mass immigration reduces the quality of life.... it reduces wages, increases house prices, increases congestion, increaes taxes, reduces the amount of greenbelt. That's before you get to all the cultural issues.....

Advertisement