Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bosch Cordless Drill 2x1.5Ah Battery. 55 Euro.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭ewiz9

The device is exactly the same as in the youtube video

https://www.bosch-diy.com/ie/en/p/easyimpact-18v-40-06039d8100-v53271

Post edited by ewiz9 on

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DubLad69

It's out of stock unfortunately. How much does it usually sell for?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭DubLad69

Never mind, it's only out of stock for delivery. Avaliable for click and collect

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,380 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Looks good.

Is the charger included?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,842 ✭✭✭alxmorgan

Looking for an impact driver for a while as have a drill but looking for an automatic screwdriver effectively. Looks like this will do the job.....anyone confirm ? tks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Francobegbie

Nah this isnt anywhere near an impact driver. I got one 4 years ago off amazon for £80. its great for around the house jobs but doesnt have the torque to compare with an impact driver. Cheap and cheerful, mine is still going strong. Great value at the price its a steal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,472 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

It will drive screws, but an impact driver works in a completely different way to a drill.

Would this be an upgrade on a bog-standard IKEA drill for everyday jobs

Most definitely.

good points:

Half inch chuck so will take big drill bits, cheap drills often only have a 10mm chuck

quick charging

Hammer action (of limited use)

2 batteries

2 speed gearbox which is good for low speed/high torque jobs like screwdriving

Has adjustable clutch (but to be fair so does pretty much every cordless drill)

It might be interesting to compare with another similarly priced drill?

I bought one of these Bosch ones just to have. It’s decent enough for the money and it is on the smaller side which will suit for smaller jobs. It has a handy case too so easy to keep the spare battery and charger together.

Lidl often have their Parkside 20V in hammer or non-hammer version. These are around €55-€60 with one battery (extra battery around €15), so a bit more than the Bosch like for like .

Drilling rpm is virtually the same, but the Lidl one has 25-30% more torque.

The Lidl battery is 2.0ah where the 2 Bosch ones are 1.5ah each. Not a big deal, I’d rather have the 2 batteries than 1.

The Bosch is noticeably lighter and is handier for screwdriving because of this.

The Bosch feels a lot cheaper in terms of the plastics/rubber, and the Chuck seems less rugged.

Overall, this is certainly worth €55, I’d feel cheated if I’d paid €110 for it but at €55 it’s a bargain.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,380 ✭✭✭✭elperello

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Deagol

Have this drill for many years - this one is very slightly different but I think just graphics have changed. Bought it with 2x batteries about 15 years ago and had to replace on battery about 2 years ago, other one still going strong. Recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭swardy1

If purchasing in-store sign up for their loyalty card and get a €5 voucher emailed to you to use in-store.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stephenmario

I bought the lidl one recently - it was 25 without the battery. Looks very similar to this one.

I would say might you have the non hammer version without the side handle if it was 25, we have a few of those too and they’re really good, We give them awful abuse so have had issues with a chuck breaking and burnt a few motors out drilling big holes in steel.

warranty is brilliant on them, so we had them all replaced no quibbles. I have previously killed De Walts and all sorts through neglect so it’s not a reflection on how good/bad they are.

lidl one usual price with single battery is 39.99. maybe the lower rpice is due to no battery. or store specific discount

Yeah they do them without charger and battery too.

i think the basic 20v full set was €50

this thread has kinda gone off on a tangent 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭stephenmario

Non hammer version.

And yes 25 because it was without the battery. I already had a battery so no need for doubling up.

If people are wondering, I've a light weight grass trimmer as well. Probably get 20-30 mins out of it and I've never ran out of battery with the drill as I'm a light user. 2.0 ah battery.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Out of stock in my location as usual.

Anyone see any other deals floating around?

• Advertisement
Advertisement