Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

series x giving trouble

• 19-01-2022 12:19am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭

so my series x is crashing constantly on certain games making some games unplayable . iv deleted and re installed games . factory reset it . tried having xbox off line .forza 5 , far cry 6 and tales of arise worst ones . san andreas and halo never crash . i bought it not far after launch so it's well after warranty . i'm screwed really ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 463 ✭✭gmg678

when did you buy it? I bought mine on lunch day and my warranty only expired at start of the year. check your Microsoft account and it will tell you when the warranty is finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭brady12

25th December 😩. says it's expired . i will buy extended one next time . seems be no stock anyplace either

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Your warranty is well over a year here - Sale of goods act and all that. Id a similar problem with a One X and it was covered 3 years after Microsoft said it expired.

Go back to the original seller with your receipt and quote the sale of goods act. Worst case its 2 years warranty EU wide.

https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/consumer/consumer_laws/your_rights_as_consumer_in_ireland.html#lc9fb2

The right to a remedy applies for at least 2 years across the EU. Member States are allowed to set longer time limits (known as limitation periods). In Ireland, the limitation period is 6 years. This means you are entitled to raise a problem about a product for up to 6 years from the date of buying.

thanks .i got it in argos . so i will go back into store and quote that ?

i rang microsoft and the fella i dealt with was a w****r . just dismissed me told me bring it to repair centre and if you sent it to us cost at least €300 🤣. then told me again do all extensive troubleshooting iv already been doing with two weeks 🙄

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,719 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Yep go back to Argos and quote the 2 year minimum warranty - they`ll try to fob you off but have everything printed off and ask for a manager.

It was argos I had the problem with and they covered it.

If that fails - small claims court. A one year old 700 euro console shouldnt fail in a year.

• Advertisement

thanks man. really appreciate it . other wise i be screwed .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,620 ✭✭✭Treppen

Long shot . Did you try a different telly?

Might be picking up something wonky in telly display settings!

no but that thought has crossed my mind. that it's some tv settings causing it and iv tried it with diff tv settings off but still crashed . it's LG CX . But iv ps5 and pc plugged into it too and not a bother .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Swap the socket and swap the cable too, no harm in checking the easy stuff.

tried that same result . even tried it on a 10 year old tv as opposed to the LG CX and had same result

• Advertisement
Advertisement