Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The King's Man ( Kingsman Prequel)

Options
  • 15-07-2019 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60,697 ✭✭✭✭

As a collection of history's worst tyrants and criminal masterminds gather to plot a war to wipe out millions, one man must race against time to stop them. Discover the origins of the very first independent intelligence agency in The King's Man.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Saw the thumbnail for this on my YouTube subscriptions feed and never copped on that it was a Kingsman Prequel until I saw a post on Instagram with the Kingsman symbol. Looks good though

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Feels like the trailer was intentionally downplaying the actual "Kingsman" part of this Kingsman trailer. Couldn't be any worse than that awful first Kingsman sequel I suppose,

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I wouldn't mind seeing that

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Stop moaning ffs

Bring back Eggsy

• Registered Users Posts: 9,707 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

After the riot that was the first, and the damp towel that was the second...this looks mehhhh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭justinbellford

This looks interesting, but I wouldn't say it looks like a must see at this point.

I love Vaughn's visual direction and Ralph Fiennes, so at the very least...hopefully its better than golden circle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The idea of a Kingsman prequel doesn't excite me, but that trailer is actually quite good.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Seems like quite the tonal shift! I'm not sure it's necessary, but trailer looks like it packs in plenty of action and a loose link to the Kingsman lore that we know of.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

The trailer seems to show that its based on the theory the Brits killed Rasputin in order to keep Russia in the War and someone decided to slap the Kingsman brand name on top of this theory.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,447 ✭✭✭Calhoun

I loved the first two films will probably see this as im a sucker for an action film like this.

I suppose they had to take a little step back considering the fate of Merlin and Eggsy after the second one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

The idea of a Kingsman prequel doesn't excite me, but that trailer is actually quite good.

It's done well in America.....a place that Vaughn generally has a lot of love.

I enjoyed K1... K2 was OK in spite of criminally offing Strong's character.

I'm looking forward to the prequel.....I've no idea who the new young fella is though.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,517 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Second trailer... Much better! This is looking like a 'must see' now. Out in February.

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

This looks interesting, but I wouldn't say it looks like a must see at this point.

I love Vaughn's visual direction and Ralph Fiennes, so at the very least...hopefully its better than golden circle?

Matthew Vaughn directing is a plus for me

The lead actor Harris Dickinson is pretty much unknown but could change now

It has a decent cast in Rhys Ifans, Ralph Fiennes, Gemma Arterton, Matthew Goode, Tom Hollander, Daniel Bruhl, Djimon Hounsou, and Charles Dance

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭Shred

I'm looking forward to this, I loved the 1st one and enjoyed the 2nd.

Disney have pushed back the release to September 18th 2020

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,634 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Disney have pushed back the release to September 18th 2020

I was about to correct you but yeah, of course, Fox is Disney now. Yeesh.

Delayed again to December 22nd

• Advertisement

Yeah looks like it could be fun; as much of a tragic waste WW1 turned out to be... I can't deny the appeal of adventures set within that period. That sense of worlds changing overnight, (modern) technologies changing the figurative or literal landscape, social changes appearing on the streets, etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,926 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

I'm particularly looking forward to Ifans having fun playing Rasputin!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,430 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

looks like it could be a lot of fun

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 86,700 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Ouch; haven't checked the numbers but can't imagine this was ever going to do gangbusters - CoVid or no CoVid.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Do people think Disney+ is worth it?

I saw this out of boredom the other night and loved it. It's more Kingsman but then, I realized that I liked the previous two films anyway.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Very decent value, I pay with my phone credit.

I would put it above amazon prime and behind Netflix

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,860 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Nice. Kinda like the idea of ad-free Simpsons and Family Guy. Moon Knight looks like it might be good as well.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,691 ✭✭✭corks finest

Advertisement