Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sky sports fantasy football 21/22 race to 50k.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

Wasn't nice not having Liverpool coverage today. Can't wait till overhaul!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭thunderdog

Yeah I think I’ll be doubling up with Liverpool at the back at overhaul. More game time over a City double up

Dias not playing yesterday was a killer. That's a number of times he has been rested this season. Looking at Laporte at overhaul because he seems to play all the time now. I had VVD for most of the season but got rid of him when he got COVID for Reece James. That worked up to a point. VVD certainly going back in at overhaul.

Can't wait for overhaul mainly because those in the top 10 seem to be making transfers and I am settling for what I have. Have to look at the bigger picture to hold the transfers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

I set my captain for Friday but forgot about the other days. I probably would have picked Cancelo and Bowen so it cost me 18 points. How many points did it cost you? I'm not too bothered as I didn't really bother entering many money leagues. You're in the running for the title though.

The Monday match earlier in the season when Everton played Burnley. I put in Gray and I thought I had set the captain but it didn't go through! Cost me 8 points. The second time was Cancelo against Leicester before Christmas which was my fault. It cost me 3 points so 11 altogether. I would still be 2nd overall with the 11 points but the points could well be very important at the end of the season.

• Advertisement

Yeah I’m also with Dias. I think I’ll be sticking with just Cancelo from City at overhaul. Similar to you I had VVD until he got covid but switched to TAA at that point.

You’re still holding down that second spot despite no transfers. Similar to yourself I’m floating in the 40-50 range but not making any transfers til overhaul. Having said that if Ronaldo doesn’t feature again in Weds I might look at getting Kane in (for Gallagher) to cover the captaincy

For those with only Ronaldo tomorrow. If he isn’t in the lineup will you be planning a transfer to a Spurs or Leicester player to get a captain in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

I have DDG so I might just swap to him now just in case.

If I didn't have DDG, I'd prob just leave it as I'm short on transfers as is.

Yeah I’d be looking at trying to get at least an 20 points out of the transfer. So if Ronaldo misses the game (and assuming he makes the next one), I would be looking at trying to get 20 points out of the 3 for 1

I have De Gea as well. I got him for insurance when United had those single days over Christmas. I am not sure who is better out of Leicester and Spurs to put a player in to be honest. Not sure Spurs are going to do much without Son, and Leicester have a lot of injuries still I think. Don't like their matches over the weekend either. I would put in Kane I guess on the basis that Spurs don't have much else going forward at the moment without Son so if they do score it's probably him! I do think you have to factor in the possibility that Ronaldo plays over the weekend so that would negate the points with the transfer.

• Advertisement

Yeah on reflection I think I’ll just leave it tonight if Ronaldo doesn’t feature. Hopefully the transfer can be better used post overhaul

There is a chance he starts, he's in the squad. I'm toying with putting the (C) back on him.

What I do generally is I wait till the lineups are posted and then pick my captain. Ronaldo if he starts, De Gea if he doesn't. Brentford on a terrible run at the moment, I think they have been found out. United on trial for me tonight. They need to be showing something in the next couple of matches for me to consider their players post overhaul.

Good shout, my brain still doesn't compute with the captaincy having played the FPL game for so long.

Ronaldo starts so I'll put the (C) on him tonight.

Seems like a good few players in the top 100 captained Kane tonight

I think any player people had besides Ronaldo got points tonight. The leader has Fred looking at it. Fella who was 3rd had Norgaard. Can't see me putting Ronaldo in after overhaul based on the last few matches. Wasn't a happy camper being taken off.

Dalot got MOTM too so that's me down to 4th. Love to know why De Gea didn't get it.

Does the overhaul start from now til Friday?

It starts after the weekend. Means people will either have to ignore Friday or make a transfer.

Will the rescheduled Watford Burnley game get added to this week's GW on Sky do you think?

Toying with bringing in Dennis to captain tonight and that Burnley game too.

I have Dennis, I would bring him in to be honest. I can see a few goals tonight, both teams are terrible at the back. Just realised that the match has been rescheduled with Burnley! As it stands it's the first match after the overhaul so the overhaul period will be shorter.

Leeds vs Villa could also get rearranged I think. I have Raphinha but he might be away on international duty.

• Advertisement

Top 10 average gone up slightly since last week. All other averages down.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Many transfers have you left Claw ?First place has below 15. I have been giving him a few tips alone the way.

Any chance you can stop giving him tips 😃 I have 18 left. How much below 15 is he? The guys in first has Broja and Fred so he isn't exactly template.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Donegal1234

Has 13 left. Ha will try my best not to give him advice. Has no captain tonight.

Post edited by Donegal1234 on

Well that worked out for him! That was a horror show. Down to 5th but a good few of the top 10 transferred in either King or Dennis so that's another transfer gone for them. At least I won't be bothering with Watford in that match after overhaul.

Overhaul here thank God!

Yeah slim pickings points wise this week-slipping down the ranks a bit. Hopefully those climbing the ranks are using transfers to get there

I think most people in the top 10 apart from the leader used a transfer on Friday which didn't work out. A couple whose teams are visible made transfers today. Not sure why they would have done that.

Who did you captain today. I did Rudiger but all I had was him and Gallagher! Wasn't a fun week with Laporte and Vvd scoring.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

937th here with 19 transfers left. Overhaul couldn't come quickly enough haha

• Advertisement

I captained TAA. I had thought he’d have a higher points ceiling compared to Rudiger

Advertisement