Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[FREE] JVC TM-H140PN 14" PVMs

Options
  • 19-01-2022 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭

ITEM: TM-H140PN 14" PVMs (8 of them !)

POST\COLLECTION: Collection

PRICE: Free

PAYMENT METHODS: Free

So I rescued 11 JVC TM-H140PN 14" PVMs from going into the skip this weekend. I am not keeping them (I've enough monitors as it is :) ) so I'm passing them on here if anyone wants a couple . 3 are already spoken so there's 8 left to grab.

They're s-Video but can be modded easily enough to RGB it seems (there's a few tutorials online) , not that it makes that much of a difference on 14 inch PVM as the picture quality is quite good already. There might even be the option to replace the S-Video card with an RGB one

Right now all of them display the same symptom and go into HV shutdown (they come on an quickly turn off). I did a quick inspection and the Flyback and H.O.T are ok and get high voltage. I won't have time to work on them more but I suspect an issue with the voltage regulator circuit (possibly the voltage regulator IC itself : STR S6707 )

Let's maybe limit it to one or two per person for now, so everyone gets a chance to grab one. Someone might be able to make the trip on behalf of a few people though (I'm in Kinvara, Galway) .

edit: also please, regulars/collectors only . I got these for free and passing them on back free & I don't want to see these being flipped on adverts in a couple of weeks.

Post edited by Optimus Prime on

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement