Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning and thread ban when warning was queried.

Options
  • 12-01-2022 12:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

Could I please open a dispute, and also, if possible, make a complaint against the Mod Beasty.I got an infraction for calling Tony Holohan, Dr Death, the infraction stated that I was "Ignoring very clear mod instruction in OP".

There is nothing in the OP in relation to using nicknames being a punishable offence or that it was frowned upon. In fact, the Mod Necro did state in the OP that using such names "weaken your argument", but absolutely nothing asking to stop using it, or not to use it. If there had been I would have followed the OP instruction.

Below is the full PM exchange. The Mod seems to see Boards as his own personal fiefdom, and what he says goes, no matter what. Note that it took 3 requests from me to actually tell me why I had been warned, and banned me before he even had the grace to tell me what "very clear mod instruction" I had ignored, finally coming up with some cockamamey about "repeatedly stating your dislike/hatred of such people" when I had used the nickname only once.

Hopefully someone can look at this with impartial eyes and reverse the decision and maybe have a word.

Thanks

Fandymo

• Beasty January 11
    • You are being warned for the following post:

Relaxation of Restrictions, Part XII *Read OP For Mod Warnings*

• Fandymo January 11
    • I think you need to re-read the “very clear mod instruction” in the OP Beasty.
    • In absolutely no way, shape or form has using nomenclatures for Holohan been banned, Necro just stated that it weakens your argument and is a low form of wit. Absolutely nothing about it being a punishable offence or for it to stop?
    • Perhaps you could be clearer in what mod instructions I ignored?
    • Beasty 12:13AM
    • "Dr Death" - now stop insulting my intelligence or you will be threadbanned
    • Fandymo 12:22AM
    • Did you read my PM? What is the issue with using Dr Death?
    • As in my precious response there is absolutely nothing in the OP that you referred me to, to state that is not to be used, or that using it was a punishable offence. Necro merely stated that it weakened a posters argument when used.
    • Could you quote me the “very clear mod instruction”, from the OP you referred me to, that you believe that I have broken?
    • I would also appreciate less of the threats, we are told to PM mods if we have an issue with moderation.
    • Beasty 12:26AM
    • I read your PM. Did you not read mine?
    • Do not post in the thread again
    • Fandymo 7:49AM
    • What mod instruction did I break. You still haven’t told me. This is a joke. You know I’ve broken nothing, you know you’ve screwed up, and rather than just admit it, you’re just getting more and more entrenched in your incorrect position.
    • Before I take it further, could you please quote, from the OP, the “very clear mod instruction” that I’ve ignored so that I can be clear to the person I appeal this ban to. This is my third time of asking. You’ve so far refused to do this.
    • Beasty 9:08AM
    • You really are taking the p!ss here. Dr Death is abuse. You resorted to the "commentary" referred to below.
    • However repeatedly stating your dislike/hatred of such people and abusing them here is not only irritating to posters who like to interact in a civil manner, but it's also highly offensive to the individuals in question. Can posters just refrain from resorting to such commentary as it not going to achieve anything beyond winding up (ie trolling) other users and attracting mod attention
    • Fandymo 9:41AM
    • Some arse covering, I never repeatedly stated any dislike/hatred of anyone. I used a nickname, that is extremely common, for Holohan. A nickname that has no MOD warnings against it's use, bar Necro stating that it weakens your argument and is a low form of wit.
    • How do I escalate this to someone who isn't as invested in being proven right as you? I'm 100% confident that someone looking in at it would see that I have done nothing wrong. In the meantime, if you don't like nicknames being used, I'd suggest putting a mod note in the OP.
    • Beasty 10:59AM
    • Take it to Dispute Resolution Process. Please post the full PM exchange when you do so

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Is there a time frame for disputes to be looked at?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nothing official but we normally look at them once we are aware they exist. I was only made aware of this one today.

Give me a little time to review it

Can you link me to the post in question as the links above are not bringing me anywhere?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,379 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My post seems to have been removed. It was in response to post #28969. The link in it seems to have updated but the original article was about the govt asking the CMO when restrictions could start to be lifted. The second paragraph is me quoting the article in question.

I replied to it, verbatim:

"From that article, why the fool are they asking Dr Death anything? They are in charge. What the fook is going on with the jellyfish that are meant to be leading this country.

“While speaking on the programme, Mr Varadkar also said that he would like to see the relaxation of close contact rules to happen, adding that the Government has asked the Chief Medical Officer to consider it.”

• Advertisement

Ok I can't see post numbers on phone. This is going to have to wait until I get access to a laptop

Any update on this from almost 2 weeks ago?

It is 5 days since I started looking at this. Not 2 weeks. I have sent a message for clarification to the relevant mod 4 days ago and a follow up yesterday but am still waiting on a response. I will give to the end of today to receive a response.

Hi Pawwed Rig, just wondering if you had gotten any response from the mod.

Thanks

• Advertisement

Yeah. Been too busy this week. Will try to finalise this over the weekend

Hi

Apologies for how long this took but RL and all that

Listen I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt here as the OP has a load of mod warnings in it. What Beasty said is correct in that the OP does clearly state that what you said is not allowed I would admit that the previous mod warnings should have been updated to reflect the new stricter moderation of the thread.

That said the first thing I would normally look at is the civility of your interactions in the pm exchange with the mod. In this regard you are lacking. Any future DRPs need to demonstrate that you respect the rules of the site and the mods that work hard to keep the site ticking over. Where I don't see that I will be dismissing the appeal out of hand.

Threadbans are between you and the mods of the forum. I have no role in those so to overturn that please pm one of the mods,

Let me know if the above is acceptable to you and I can conclude the DRP

Advertisement