Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

People got paid for doing their jobs, people are free to leave and look for work elsewhere if unhappy in their job.

I deserve the money because I am in healthcare IT is just taking the piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

From working in the industry, I know that a small percentage of IT workers actually interface with physical equipment. 95% of the work is done remotely. She is talking absolute BS. If they were to agree to this nonsense demnad there'd be thousands getting a bonus who worked 9-5 from their homes

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Will the IT people behind the new Boards platform be eligible for the €1000?

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

I worked in a hospital for the vast majority of Covid. I was on the wards and in the communal areas of the hospital everyday. I didn’t miss one day of work. I worked most Saturdays and Sundays without any additional pay or a bonus.

And guess what? I DON’T want a €1,000 tax free bonus. I was doing my job.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Deeec

Thats shocking - whats the point having a phone consultation for this.

Phone consultations are now going to be the norm even after covid is long over. Its convenient for lots of professions but not practical for all situations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

so to speak:

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭archfi

Sure a huge amount of people caught it in the places! Deffo 1k a piece!

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,973 ✭✭✭NeinNeinNein

Duffy is such a sh1t stirrer.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,602 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And when that wurks you are seen as Wurdles Best Computer Guy/Guyess. After a while people doubt that sound advice though, then you have to alter it to turn off the monitor first, then turn off the PC, then turn it all back on 😂.

Joe should ask this woman to create a game where you can use your eyes to play it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,330 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

We do euros over here yank

• Registered Users Posts: 33,749 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Can I just say I deserve the €1,000 because others are getting it.

1,000 DOLLAR bonus.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭Deeec

Is she forgetting what happened the HSE's IT system last year hmmmm...............

TYFYS

Feckin hell

• Registered Users Posts: 5,282 ✭✭✭archfi

Oh FFS.

'What do IT people do?'

Duffy, on 400k+ of taxpayer and very little ad revenue dosh.

The issue is never the issue; the issue is always the revolution.

The Entryism process: 1) Demand access; 2) Demand accommodation; 3) Demand a seat at the table; 4) Demand to run the table; 5) Demand to run the institution; 6) Run the institution to produce more activists and policy until they run it into the ground.

A TYFYS for an IT worker.

The barrel has been well and truly scrope.

I’d say employers will be queuing up to hire Janet after this call.

a TYFYS for her? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 4,504 ✭✭✭cozar

$1000 dollar bonus.!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

I hear you, I'm supposed to attend a regular endocrinology clinic, has been telephone based for two years, kind of like doing physio via sms , ridiculous and I fear a lot of face to face clinics will never return, sorry to hear about your son , it would seem to me he'd need an actual eye exam and test 🙄

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,535 ✭✭✭✭Dan Jaman

Вашему собственному бычьему дерьму нельзя верить - V Putin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭Hitchens

we're just a step away from Lord of the Flies

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

The liquidators in Chernobyl had nothing on these guys

• Registered Users Posts: 14,035 ✭✭✭✭dvcireland

"...no Joe, you rang me !..." A.Caller.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,573 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

you know little about the tax rates of PAYE wurkers Joe ....

• Registered Users Posts: 82,602 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

It's nearly all done with the Covid, lots of people need to get their house in order by March or the return to normality will be a bloody big shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭mumo3

I know I shouldn't have, but I actually just laughed out load at that 🤣..... its flucking carnage

I had to bring my daughter up to A&E in the height of the pandemic, and they where falling over themselves to assist her, because they were bored. It was so bad that by the time, they triaged her, treated her and sent us on our merry way I owed €2.70 in parking!!! That's how much they where hanging around over the pandemic!!!

Yes I judge my durations in hospital, by how much the parking will cost me 😜

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭crazy 88

She sounds like she's career public service IT. Won't go near anything that doesn't involve a trade union but will moan about the wages in public

Can we get a taxi driver's input on this please ?

• Advertisement

You could have ended that sentence after the first “t”.

Advertisement