Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Hyundai Ioniq 5

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Summer2020

Unusual question but is everyone's car missing a grab handle on the headliner on the drivers side? It's on the passenger side headliner, and the shape of it is there in headliner on drivers side, but there's no handle !

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭thunderbolt

Does anyone know how durable the "pleather"/fake leather is on the door armrests? We have a dog who has a tendency to stand on the armrest to look out the window 🙄 We have a back seat cover which has zip-up sides, but he puts his paws behind it and I'm afraid his paws will tear it. If anyone has any ideas of how to protect it, I'd love to hear!

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

Finally got the keys of our Mystic Olive over the weekend. I would like to sincerely thank all the members who responded to my queries here/PM, really appreciate all the advice. Absolute loving it, drove for hours over the weekend and still learning the features. Few quick questions which I was unable to resolve - Ours is Executive model - the bottom black seems to be hide out with this color - but we still love this color - something unique tried this time :)

1) The boot/hold button of the car is not working with key fob button - tried many times - is it not available for Exec? - I was thinking otherwise since provided in key fob

2) After clicking the "Start/Stop" button, if we spend some time on infotainment or exploring other features, the car doesn't allow us to go from P to D. It always goes from P to N and nothing else, we have to press "Start/Stop" & P few times - then somehow it allows us to go to D mode. What is missing here please?

3) Instant heating - Even after "Heat" option is selected and climate to 25 - it doesnt get warm instantly. only Cool air seems to flow in - is it only available during driving?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭eagerv

Best of luck with car, looks great.

Not sure if I am able to answer your questions, ours is only a week older.

Re the black skirts, I think it looks more pronounced on our white car. But in some lights it looks more grey and the slits give a lighter reflection as in your first pic.

I think the boot release button on fob only unlocks the boot if the car is locked. The doors remain locked. Not much reason to use IMO.

The car seems to go into battery saving mode if you are sitting in car listening to radio etc. Means having to restart if left undriven for a while. Not a bad thing I suppose.

Haven't heard any complaints about heater from SWMBO, she says fast and effective. Should work when stationary. Pity there is no "heat" button like in her classic, it seems a bit messy if you just want cool air coming into car. Lowest setting on heater is 17C.

Only complaint so far she has are the door opening handles. Very strong frost early this morning and they were seized. Even though car was pre heated inside she had to pour some warm water over to enter car. Glad they are manual, would not be great for motorised ones. The car was covered in iced up beeded water from what ever stuff they used on their paint protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Saw that in EV James and Kate's youtube channel review of this car and called it out in the comments. Replies agreed and that this seems to be a trend! Tesla don't have ANY!! I just checked my eCorsa and both front seats have grab handles but the rear seats don't. Hit & Miss!!

• Advertisement

Yes it's missing alright on the drivers side, suppose it's not really needed there, you have the wheel to hang on to.🙂.

All 4 are on my VW, had to go out and have a look..

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭Pivot Eoin

Re: Point 2 (as I think all the rest were answered) if you put your foot on brake when hitting the start button there's no issue then selecting gear, again with foot on break.

I was struggling with this too first few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

To answer your question re not being able to select gear this might help

I've found another use case of this if you start it without putting the foot on the break. Not a big deal but if this happens easiest way to fix is restart while keeping the foot on the break.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Sold our family car today so looking forward to collecting ours which should be early next week all going well. Have watched countless reviews on them at this stage and find it hard to find any faults with them, really seem to be a great all rounder and Hyundai have really upped their game with these. It'll be our first car that's not a VAG product. I also have a Golf R which will be kept as the second car and used more sparingly or when I want my petrol kicks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭marc1

I was stuck for a bit today. I was using one of the free chargers at Tescos in Stillorgan. Plugged in, worked well, came back later and had no idea how to unplug it?!? The charger is one of the free ones, so no buttons to stop the charge. Which means that the cable was locked in on both ends.

Looked around and went through the menus, I didn’t see a way to stop the charging process.

After a few minutes I remembered that I can stop the charge from the app. What if I forgot the phone? There must be a way to manually stop a charge from within the car?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,814 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

There has to be that option on your charging screen.

On my car (model 3) you go to the charging screen, press stop charging then press unlock charge port. Surely that's on your screen somewhere?

Nope. Strange but there is no stop charging option that I can find.

But I figured it out. RTFM to myself :-/

Unlocking the car will stop the charge for 15 second and allow you to unplug it. I unlocked it, but the shopping away and by then the 15 seconds had passed and the cable was locked in again.

Not very intuitive…. But clearly outlined in the manual. Ups!

Try unlock button on fob twice, unlocks it on my VW. And press stop charging on the car's charging screen. Haven't yet looked at the charging on our Ioniq 5 but presume similar.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,114 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Most EVs will stop if you double press the unlock on the key fob.

I will try the double press of the unlock button next time. Thank you for that suggestion.

I really didn’t see a “stop charging” button on the screen. That’s where I started to look. and I went through all menus I could think of. It must be somewhere maybe someone can guide me that way?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭cunnifferous

Anyone know if the Executive is available in Teal Green? Also, any chance a dealer will giver me anything for an 07 Civic? Really would rather not have to sell it on Donedeal.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭podge1979

Handy visual guide for all features

https://digitalownersmanual.hyundai.com/ioniq5/2021/gb/gb/exterior/frt-radar

https://digitalownersmanual.hyundai.com/ioniq5/2021/gb/gb/cluster

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭russelldlee

You can only ask them, I'm sure they'll give you something. My mum traded in a 07 Saab recently and got 1k for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭tomister

For point 1 as I just used this today. It doesn’t release the boot lid. Once the lights flash, press the button on the boot lid to open and it’s unlocked. Then when you close it, the car will re-lock.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

Mine still in transit and the dealer doesn't have a clue were it is at the moment. I'm hoping for end of January I'll have the car.

There deliverys usually come in on a monday so 24 or 31.I hope I'm not waiting well into February but not much I can do ah well have to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭crisco10

This boat left ulsan so should have a bunch of Ioniq 5 and EV6s on it. Due into Cork at the end of the week. Based on your dates, a fair shout it's on this one?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Dublinrobby

Hello,I just ordered a black executive in ep Mooney today,the car is coming in on Monday,I'm coming from a Toyota Aygo so a big jump😃 really looking forward to my first electric car

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭rob808

What battery are you getting on your executive ioniq 5.

It look awesome in black enjoy.

I have the same spec ordered and expecting it next week too!

Anyone any tips for trying to find the Ioniq 5 on insurance databases. Tried keying in a reg but not recognising any.

Just the small battery,it will be grand for me,I'd say the most Kilometres id do is 100 a week,but I'm sure it will be 2 or 3 hundred for the first few weeks 😅

We had same problem re insurance a few weeks ago. Had to phone Aviva.

Best of luck, I am sure you will really enjoy, as we are.

Did you order today? And delivery next week? If so that is very quick, so much for the long waiting lists..

I just went in for a nose really, asked if there was anything available,they had one in stock down the port,so I just said why not,I thought there would have been a few month waiting list so happy days,

• Advertisement

Similar to my situation, I was led to believe there was only one black executive left in the country, but happy days for you. It will be a big jump up from an Aygo.

Advertisement