Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liveline: Thread with no name, Host with no shame

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,978 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,600 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Raymond said it would be first Monday of February so not too bad.

M

Never knew St Patrick had a woman on the go, fair play.

Snakey & slippery ,fella our St Patrick was 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 17,037 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

The day after the Super Bowl I think - usually I'm like a zombie after 8 cans and 5 hours sleep. At least now I can have 8 hours sleep as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Had to laugh at the yank who works in IT for the HSE giving her name today but not wanting to name the hospital she worked in. Yeah that should be difficult to figure out…..

I have a suspicion that HR are very much aware of who you are Janet, and not because you’re winning “employee of the month” 12 times a year.

I'd forgotten but back around 2007, I had a person working for me who's then partner worked in IT for the HSE.

Basically his department was moved to a town in meath (no names but spectacular cultural graveyard there, I'm sure Joe has frequented regularly 😁)

There was an issue with equipment and union strife about the move, this chap was delighted to boast about the fact he spent 2 whole years at an empty desk, reading a newspaper whilst on full salary.

I'm hoping the yank who called in is not in the HSE, IT cyber security department 😳

M

Tomorrow's show Joe could be handed the €100 million to be distributed to the employees in the country he thinks are worthy or it to be decided by the best callers, would be gold. The petriddle pump attendants and TK Lemonade delivery people would be rubbing their hands.

Joe division of de funds:

RTE contractors to each get €100,000 tax free. If a contractor is in the Top 10 earner dat amount is to be €500,000 - after all how much more front line can you be? Don't forget no-one washed their hands in Ireland before Joe told them to and don't be a nasty internet troll bringing up things Joe said like "de virus can't come here because we're an island" and "even if it comes here no-one will die from it" or that Tubs has predicted the end of de pandemic incorrectly ow at least half a dozen times.

Regular RTE staff to each get €25,000 tax free

RTE staff fambilly members to each get €5,000 tax free, but this is not a free for all giveaway so this will be limited to 100 family members (max.)

Doctors and nurses to each get €1,000 tax free and a copy of wan of Joe's bukes of their choice - additional bukes may be purchased at a discounted rate of €19.99 instead of the usual €20. De bukes will be charged to de gubbermint of course, Joe's not givin' dem away free for nottin' pro-gratis or anything.

Taxi drivers and bus drivers to each get €1,000 tax free. Dis amount will be dubbled if day stop moaning for 2 minutes

Super Valu wurkers to get €500 each tax free

Dunnes wurkers to get €500 each tax free

Tesco and Ryanair wurkers to get nuttin' and dat

Teachers to get €500 each tax free except Joe's daughter who should get €20,000 because according to Joe she should be the principal of the school she teaches in and she does be de bestest teacher in de whole woyde wurldid. She will also get de RTE fambilly allowance btw.

Gardai to get €250 each in chicken roll vouchers, €150 in Krispy Kreme vouchers (or "down the country" equivalent), and €100 drink voucher for Coppers. Gardai can also get extra money if they shakedown deliveroo drivers on their way to and from wurk....alllegedly

HSE IT wurkers to get a dose of cop-on and a reality check. American ones also qualify for a tax free kick in the hole

Bank wurkers must pay Joe €1,000 each to make up for losses occured in Anglo Shares - he could be let go at any minute callers in case you forgot or missed him saying this in every interview he's given in the last 5 years

• Registered Users Posts: 6,581 ✭✭✭thecretinhop

Ah butters I missed u

• Advertisement

What about Luvvies, Panto directors / producers Cawlur, I can't see Joe leaving this cohort out of Pocket, despite generous annual, government supports, so to speak 😁

Sorry how could I forget the wunderful favtastic brilliant brilliant brilliant Alan Yewes and “Eurovision Expert” Karl and their high brow art and cultured production?

Obviously they will be ENTITLED to €2m compo each tax free of course (seeing as they’re tax compliant….oh, wait….) as their art do be priceless.

• She probably is. Possibly trained up from entering patients’ names in a database. Some public service departments picked out staff as “techy” because they once fixed some computer issue, more by luck than anything, and then you got sent to IPA if you were lucky and described on your PMDS as a Unix administrator because you changed a few settings on system by typing in “sudo apt something or other”, looking at your book of commands you took away from your little course.

I was a bit naughty at times with screens the staff were using, and once placed a message to appear when booting “You’ve just managed to break this computer”.

I’d say HSE sent yer wan to be in charge of cyber security after she noticed a dodgy email. That’s how the public service operated; to keep to budget make your staff versatile. People imagine public servants as lazy as fûck, but in certain departments they are expected to turn their hand to anything, at least that’s the way it was where I worked. Can you draw? Right, do a mural on that wall if you don’t mind as Bergers has just donated a load of paint. Can you play any instrument at all? Right, you’re going to play Christmas tunes to entertain customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,510 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Mad scenes earlier tonight and people baying for blood on Twitter - have they not learned their lesson?

• Omg it’s gone wild on Twitter, our borders should be closed. Maybe we could exchange our Larry Murphy and keep him out. Now shall I suggest that on Twitter and quickly duck out of the way of the brain dead.

Whilst the Anger is understandable in the Town, I cannot understand how crowds were permitted anywhere near the building were matters were formalised, detention etc.

The building is well off the road and surrounded by an extremely high fence, how a mob was able to get anywhere near the building, including the steps leading into the building is beyond me. Very ugly scenes and the Social media frenzy only fed by these scenes.

• All fed in by official media itself which are minting it. Mind you, we would need to cease to refer to it here as it’s sub judice and cases have fallen previously thanks to official Media feeding public opinion. It is a subject for discussion in future times when nothing is at stake.

In de meantime Joe will keep us entertained with his multiple belching. It was unreal yesterday, his lunch was never far from his mouth. He must have put a few more pounds on recently as that makes reflux wurser.

• Advertisement

Speaking of Belching, so to speak, thought you might enjoy this 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

Should they give out coddle vouchers, a bit like the old butter vouchers only whiter and piggier.

Here’s wat do be do be promised (but I’d highly unlikely to feature) on twodaze show and dat:

Everyone should get a bonus!

Gardai should get it along wit de 10,000 hours overtime they got!

Vouchers and dat again. Will “50 ways to spend your voucher” get a re-airing?

Whoy only One4All vouchers allowed for tax purposes? I believe a Haughey is involved in that company but I may be incorrect on that. That would explain it btw….

I missed de last part, apologies callers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭Losty Dublin

On todays Liveline....

• We are regurgitating the discussion yesterday about the bonus. Who else should get it and why should your job get it, what about Whacker and Whackertte's dole, or Bruce?
    • One 4 All vouchers. Which are tax free, cos cos cos Joe, the money evaporates into thin air and the gubbermint get it. And it's unfair because they're tax free whereas something about supermarket vouchers.
    • A clip from yesterday about a kid called Tom, can someone other than Joe call in and give him free stuff?

Call us now on 1850 0818 071 283 0222 1 2 buckle my shoe, carry the 2 and subtract 1800.....

• I think librarians should get it, and by extension retired ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,965 ✭✭✭furiousox

"Right.." sez Joe "time to give one4all a kicking.."

CPL 593H

• He mustn’t have been given a well deserved voucher.

Leo struggled in the Dail earlier when grilled on Da bonus .

When is a Carer not a Carer 🤔

When they are Not HSE employed, then they are not a Carer it would seem 🙄

What a Cluster***K so to speak

Joe will be calling on every employer in the land to hand out one 4 all vouchers

Today's show brought to us by One 4 All

• One4All vouchers are very handy, gave some at Christmas to people who really needed the resource rather some fancy fluff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,016 ✭✭✭Hitchens

Will the ex pope get a kicking today?

Advertisement