Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EU Digital/paper! Certs, the Megathread - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

EU is considering giving the booster a 9 mth validity if all 27 members agree.Chance that.Countries outside the EU(excl US)considering 12 months validity if they can align their systems with the EU and vice versa.Work that out but it's only talk at the mo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭beachhead

• Registered Users Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭leck

Yeah, you might think so, until like so many of us, they just send you another copy of your original cert (two-shot). Went on web chat to them this afternoon. It said hold time would be 45min so just left it sitting on screen. I finally got an agent an hour and a half later. His answers seemed quite robotic, but it was a real person. It seemed to take him a while to understand what I was asking. Asked me the expected question like name, address, DOB, PPSN, vaccine type ... but also batch number, not sure everyone would have that info to hand.

There seemed to be no suggestion that he could find a record of me getting a booster shot. How come the system can't link first two doses to booster when given to someone with same PPSN?

It took the agent 20 mins to get through those basic questions and then he ended with:

"I have now forwarded your details to the team to be reviewed in order to understand why your cert hasn’t issued yet. The team may require more information from you to complete their review and will contact you for this if necessary. Once your account has been reviewed, your Digital Covid Certificate will be sent via email."

• Registered Users Posts: 40,458 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Received a text about my booster cert on monday and applied for the cert the same day. The new cert arrived in my inbox this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,035 ✭✭✭BArra

Boostered at a GP on 6/1/22. No updated cert received.

I got through on chat and it was fairly useless and took a long time to get through on chat

Chat advised that my GP hasn't updated COVAX system that I was boostered and that I am to contact the GP and get them to upload/re-upload it.

Contacted the GP then who has a blurb before anyone answers phone advising they wont answer any questions on covid certs, but i persisted through and spoke to reception who said they have backlogs and cant confirm or deny whether they have uploaded my information or not, but that they have until 1st Feb 22 to complete it and this information is widely available that they have until this date to complete this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭ShayNanigan

I am really curious to know what kind of systems they have in place for this. My GP says they have uploaded the data and that's all they can do. Meanwhile the cert chat person told me the following:

"Please note, the booster certificate rollout is underway to all citizens who have received a booster vaccination in Ireland. The certificates are being released on a phased basis over a two-week period and will be delivered by email to the email address on your account. Please monitor your email inbox for an email from 'no-reply-dcc@health.gov.ie' and make sure to check your spam and promotions folder. It is expected that all certificates will be delivered by email by Monday 24th January. Please call back if you have not received your certificate by this date."

About the text messages from HSE to get a booster although you've already received one:

"The reason for this is the transfer of data between GP and HSE takes time. This is a common problem we have. Once the HSE gets your data they need time to upload it to individual accounts. Once that is done you will stop receiving these text. We need till 24th January to transfer, update data and create certs. Once that is done you should get your cert by 24th January and stop receiving the text."

What do they use to transfer the data, old shoe laces? I only received the text once so am I to assume the data that GP has sent has possibly finally been transferred to HSE? I don't know where it is sitting but shouldn't it have been uploaded to my account already. How big is this packet of data if it takes ages to get it there? So they should know by now I got my booster but no sign of a cert. Well, they still have five days... 😴

Edit: Oh I see, it's just a "data quality issue"... https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/arid-40787931.html

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Astartes

Javid just said they are ending the mandatory QR codes next Thursday, he is leaving it up to businesses etc masks are gone too.

Proper order. Us next, please.

I got my booster in early Dec from my GP

The previous 2 were at the Greystones mvc

The online portal request just sent me my old cert

Waiting a half hour I got through on the helpline who discovered my gp had uploaded my booster information alright but to a new account and misspelled my name

The agent merged the accounts and I got a new cert emailed that evening reflecting the booster

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

I printed off a hard copy of the booster shot for my mother (she's old school likes a hard copy of everything). Problem I'm having is when I scan the QR using my phones scanner all that pops up is a bunch of computer code.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Use a scanner app desgined for covid certs, the phones regular camera scanner won't work

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

A heads up for anyone who got vaccinated in a different country and wants to get boosted in Ireland. Its hassle.

I got vaccinated in Spain but just from a timing perspective with travel, I applied to get my booster in Ireland. HSE needed certain details about my vaccines including batch numbers that isn't contained on my Spanish cert/EU DCC. It became a case of "HSE computer says no".

Dont get the booster before checking the status of getting the booster cert.

Now this is interesting! I am actually suspecting the same thing happening with my account but the agent I got in touch with regarding the certs wasn't even interested in asking for my personal details to check it out. My name is often misspelled so I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. I don't like that they categorically denied there even was a possibility of two accounts.

Did you call them or contact them via the chat? I've been hesitant in calling since first the helplines were busy all the time and then I figured it would be much more of a hassle to call them and having to have to spell your name to them on the phone than writing and making sure they got the details correctly. Last time I had to deal with HSE help line, I spent ten minutes trying to get the agent to write down my birth date correctly. I have nothing against foreign work force but there was a bit of a struggle because they didn't seem to understand what I was saying and pretty much laughed at me for asking them to repeat to me what they wrote down. Turns out it was good that I did because they had made several errors. The other reason being that their phone lines are always bad and I struggle to hear what they are saying. Anyway, I'm now considering contacting them again but not sure which route to take, calling or chat.

I'm curious how a misspelled name is causing these issues. Do they not ask for your PPS Number when you get a booster in a GP surgery? they should be matching on that as it is unique. It wasn't always because a wife used to be given her husbands PPS number when she got married but that is long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,138 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

A family member was vaccinated in a non EU country . She rang the helpline and he was really helpful and very understanding . She got a date for a booster within 5 days

The mis spelled name allowed the gp surgery to use my pps to set up the new account

If I'd requested the cert via that account it would have came but only with a record of 1 dose instead of 3

The agent saw it after asking for my doctors name and the surgery address

It was associated with the same phone number as my mvc jabs

The agent then merged them and I had my cert later that day once the system saw my original account updated with the 3rd dose

I got no mvc appointment prior to this for a 3rd dose meaning the system did recognise in some way that I'd got it at the surgery via the use of my pps

Its just neither of the 2 accounts fulfilled the 3 dose requirement for a new EUDCC untill they were merged

my point was that the record from your GP should have been automatically merged with your earlier vaccine record using the PPSN as a unique identifier. every HSE software system I've worked on has done this.

Well you can take it the vaccine passport or vaccine system doesn't, I'm living proof of that!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,187 ✭✭✭goingnowhere

One of my colleagues got vaccinated in a different EU state. Called up Tuesday last week, gave the dates, batch and vaccine, appointment Thursday, sore arm + cert Friday. So fair play to the HSE.

If you don't have these details, get the details for initial vaccination, it should have been on the card issued at time of vaccination, call HSE, get booster, alternatively fly home...

Tried the chat and waited for over an hour for my turn. Just my luck that they happened to answer the chat right when I was otherwise engaged and unable to answer them so they hung up. Just as well because I noticed the agent was the same person I chatted with the last time and who was uninterested in finding out what was the situation with my account. So... back in the line it is and I will continue until they finally look into it.

Post edited by ShayNanigan on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Waiting on Live Chat for ages. Applied for Recovery Cert last week and still haven't received. Panicking a bit now as I'm flying abroad tomorrow-week. Bricking it that they need to put it through again etc

• Advertisement

FYI: The waiting time for the updated cert has been extended to 31 Jan now. 🙄😴 Managed to get through and they checked my details. Everything ok apparently but vaccination information on the booster not updated yet so all I can do is wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

****, that's stressing me out. I'm flying on Saturday but because of the stupid 11 day rule, I could only register for the Recovery Certificate today.

Is there any way to kinda speed up the process? Would calling or using the Live Chat help?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,038 ✭✭✭Blut2

Did you get it sorted in the end and get an updated cert? I would have thought it wouldn't be that unusual an issue given our huge number of EU people in Ireland (and Irish people who live abroad). There must be thousands of people in a similar situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 356 ✭✭El Vino

I was wondering if anyone knew if it would be possible to get an Irish issued Cert for my 13 year old daughter who is an Irish Citizen but had a single vaccine dose in UK and caught Covid in the UK just before Christmas.

Instructions on website seem to indicate they can only issue them if you are above 18?

• Registered Users Posts: 46 XT1200

I received my booster on 23/11/2021 and still no updated cert. I have entered all my vaccine details including my booster and had my passport details verified and accepted on the portal. Application was acknowledged and a cert was to be issued in 5 days but 2 weeks later still no cert. Has anyone managed to receive an updated cert using the portal.

Yes . My husband applied on the portal and had his cert within a 6 days via e mail

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭yoajing

I got mine today after applying online last night. I panicked too soon, I think 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

are these joke certs finally going to be gone?

my recovery cert from August runs out next week. i applied for a new one having tested positive at xmas, but they just sent me the old one again - obv i waited until about 12 days after the test date.

i cant see a contact number on the recovery cert gov site, just a live chat "your wait time is approx 1.45mins". **** sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭d15ude

Advertisement