Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia EV6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Skippy along

Can i ask what you coated them with and did you do both inside and outside? as i can see major OCD problems for people with the piano black trim on the outside bodywork... Will be a nightmare with our roads and weather

Ps best of luck with the youtube channel

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

So do they just truck them out to the rest of the country from Cork? Or does the boat have to go to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭pdpmur

Lots of trailers full of new cars regularly seen on the road from the port at Ringaskiddy. It would make sense, it's probably a lot cheaper than the boat having to sail and re-dock at another port.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

And going up the Irish Sea is a bit of a dead end for the boat. It's going on to UK/Scandanvia/Netherlands/Belgium once its discharged part of the cargo in Ireland. Much easier for them to dump them all in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,495 ✭✭✭NinjaTruncs

I was talking to a Dublin dealer who said he had a number of EV6's stuck in cork waiting for clearance, which aligns with the cars being unloaded down there.

4.3kWp South facing PV System. South Dublin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 44 179club

Hi vico 1612.

Thank you for reply. What a load of B....X. Again the Irish get screwed as usual on cars.

That was why a lot of folk bought U.K. cars. All the bells and whistles.

Yes an absolutely great car. I feel let down now.

Thank you Kia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭spakman

Saw a car transporter with a few EV6 on the back this morning. It was pulling in to the NVD depot at Baldonnell.

PS - not sure why my pics are turned sideways!

Hi Skip.

Coatings were one coat Titan PX10. Two coats Titan Vulcan TX155, kind of rubberised membrane.

Hyper Glass 100.

Pyro wheel coating and callipers.

Interior coating.

Danial stage one polished gloss black all over outside and inside and put coating on it.

Even from new millions of fine line marks on piano black.

Hope this helps.

To each their own but the feature seemed an absolute gimmick. This isn't a case of paying a premium for paddy spec, the GT Line S (which is the closest spec to ours even though they have a GT line) in the UK with the meridian sound system works out a few grand more expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭eltoastero

did you get the rear windscreen coated? I'd be interested to know if that improves how quickly it clears rain and dirt (i've put some RainX on to improve how quickly it clears but it only happens as speed). The omission of a rear-view viper was a mistake IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 643 ✭✭✭REBELSAFC

That ship is in Ringaskiddy now.How long before we can expect a batch of cars in the forecourts?

Hi eltoastero.

Yes got all glass coated and works very well at clearing rear window. Agree with you about a rear wiper.

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭burger1979

Can anyone tell me who has the EV6, how long is the type 2 charging cable that comes with the car. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Is anyone else having issues connecting to their car today from the Kia Connect App ? I haven't been able to connect to mine since yesterday morning ..

Post edited by v10 on

no issues with connection this morning for me (android app v2.1.2)

Thanks, I must get something done to the rear window.

Just watched your most recent video, really enjoy hearing your take on the car from a real owner (as opposed to the same spiel from the journalists).

Few things though, how did you manage to swing a "really good deal" (as in less the €55k price after grant) given that Kia could have sold many multiples of the GT Line? Like fair play, I didn't get any sort of deal (I was actually happy to pay RRP and avoid dealer add ons).

And you mentioned how the spec of our cars in Ireland are worse than the rest of Europe, I agree on some of those things but not all. Overall the standard of car we got compared to the UK is very good, we've got way more kit than the UK GT Line (£43945 = €52500, maybe +€3000 VRT too), our GT-Line is closer to a UK GL-Line S (£48445 = €57900, +€3500 or so VRT to bring one in) - the only real difference I can see is the we get the Heat Pump as standard and they get the Meridian sound system as standard.

This is the first time I've bought an Irish car (always a UK import before) and it's the first time I've been happy with our spec (for the money) compared to the lads over the water. I'm not saying I got a bargain, but I don't feel ripped off.

Keep posting stuff, really appreciate an original take on the car.

Hope your dad enjoyed the car (I think you said that was him in the car) - give him a spin in the relaxation chairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭chewed

I managed to test drive an Earth model this morning. Beautiful car overall and really smooth drive. It's a lot chunkier/heavier than my eNiro, and not as nippy. I found the regen pedals weren't as responsive in slowing down the car compared to the eNiro, but maybe there was some setting to change this.

The Yacht Blue is amazing looking in the flesh.

Still very tempted, so will be doing my sums over the next few days. They said that if an order was made today, it could be July before the car arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭v10

Thanks, noticed traffic etc wasn't working in car either so obviously an issue with car's modem. Contacted Kia online and was advised to press the pinhole switch located beside the volume knob for a second or two, this resets the Telematics unit and reconnects to the network. All good now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

The issue with the specs isn't just the level of extras you get at a trim level.

Its also the fact that traditionally other countries like UK and Japan got versions of a car we didn't.

Take Toyota Carina Es for example.

We got the 2.0 GLi - but UK also got an Executive AND a GTI version. The latter got 150 to 160 bhp vs the 131 bhp of the standard Carina E 2.0 petrol - and upgraded suspension.

• Advertisement

Hi eltoastero.

Dealer done me a cash deal even before car was in Ireland So took the hand off him. Yes went over to U.K. and bought many a car.

Just great deals compared to here and spec. I totally see your point on spec with U.K. EV6. Still at the price you and I paid we should

not be short changed. It is actually a great car the EV6. I will do more vids on why I picked EV6 over others

What model have you and colour.

True as it maybe, I'm not sure what any of that has to do with this specific car. Like the person above I did a detailed comparison line by line of the Irish spec versus the UK. We're getting a better spec for less out of pocket, most likely driven by the need to stay under the grant level. If people really want the meridian sound system, in sure the nearly five grand price different would go a long way.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭Vico1612

Had issues around 11.00 this morning , working now

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

All depends on NVD I think (The company that transports to the forecourts)

I would expect within a week but I see mentions here and in other threads of a backlog of cars in Cork.

Anybody here get word of delivery next week or the week after? (that likely landed in Cork yesterday)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

I called dealer yesterday and he did not see any EV6 that landed yesterday, but some did arrive on a different boat earlier in the week.

Mine now has an estimated arrival date of 30th January.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭thelikelylad

Where is your dealer located?

Arrival to the forecourt on the 30th? Didn't think they'd deliver on a Sunday.

I ordered early November expecting 'start of February' - Dealer has been very vague about an ETA at all times.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭ffocused

Not forecourt date, 30th is date for boat to dock in Ireland.

The dealer system gives an estimated date for arrival in country once it is on a boat, I would assume another 1-2 weeks is needed after that for dealer delivery.

They don’t know what boat it’s on though.

I ordered around the same time as you for late Jan/early Feb delivery.

I got a black GT-Line, originally wanted the yacht blue but after a lot of being messed around with by 2 dealers who promised the world but actually didn't have a car for me I rang around the country and got one sorted (re-ordered October, I wanted a December delivery but it came in the first week in January). I'm very happy with the black, not usually what I go for but it works for me on the EV6.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭ec_pc

My wife got her Gravity Blue Earth model today, absolutely delighted with it so far. Gravity Blue is a very dark colour, can be easily mistaken for black even in broad day light.

We have only done about 70 km's in it but initial impressions are that is exceeds expectations by a mile. The comsumption today seems excellent at a constant 7-8 degrees outside, it is still reporting that a 100% charge is going to give us 495 KM, early days I know. This 70 km is a mixture of back roads, motorway and town driving along with some heavy acceleration (just because you can!). Car in ECO mode most of the time.

The car is set to use level 3 (out of 4) of the regen breaking and it is highly effective and practically single pedal driving with recharge of batteries at the same time. Front collision detection is also good, put it to the test and the car stopped itself. I'd still have my foot hovering over the break pedal.

It's unbelievably smooth to drive, I am not used to automatics and really have to concentrate to keep the left foot from moving. Power is pretty awesome I have to say. A bit of setting up with apps on the phone - 3 of them needed to be installed and configured in the dealers but it was straightforward. The on screen menus are extensive and will need some time to go through settings.

Only 1 bugbear at the moment is that you have to press the buttons on the remote to open the car, we had assumed it would just have a little rubber button on the door handle and it sensed the key in your pocket. (reading manual now, I'm sure this can be enabled)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45 ClassicRellic52

Once you have the key on you, the doors open automatically as you approach the car.

Advertisement