Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What does the future hold for Donald Trump? - threadbans in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Given all we knew of Trump before his presidency, what we know of him from his term in office to what we know of him since he lost the election; what is it exactly that you find so appealing about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

judging by the rest of their posts here something like "he owns the libs" or "I just grab them by the *****"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,070 ✭✭✭TheIrishGrover

Guys, look at his name. He's trolling. Either that or he really REALLY admires trump's self-proclaimed history of sexual assault of women.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,440 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

going by his posts in other threads I'm going for option 2

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 19,700 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'd love for once if these posters would just come out and in plain English explain why they would support such a terrible human being. Fair enough if they support him because they are cut from the same cloth but I wish they'd have the courage to explain why they support him. If its trolling then thats something they'll have to reflect on themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

It's really great isn't it. They really love their country. You love to see the passion.

Can't wait for the big man to be talked about again on radios and tv. We're in 2022 now. This year will fly, world cup at the end of the year. Then into 2023 and then summer 2023 we'll really see the republican nomination ramp up. We won't feel it.

The election came at the worst possible time for Donald, a pandemic where people were forced out of work. No one could survive that but Donald almost did.

It was the post in vote that cost him.

Must be remembered that it was after the election that FB, Twitter etc banned him which would rile up Americans. They're not going to take kindly to being censored (remember social media IS the new standing on street corner, when twitter/fb have so much power it's not just "a private company doing what it wants" anymore).

There's probably a lot of journos both here and abroad hoping he gets back in. How easy it is to generate clicks than to quote something Donald says and make out like he's Hitler.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,637 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Yes, but why do you want him to get back in? What is it that he brings, what policy in particular do you favour of his?

He hasn't announced any new policy ideas, so what do you think will be different if he is elected in 2024 that he could actually get stuff done that he didn't already do?

• Advertisement

He's not perfect. No one is. What you see is what you get with Trump. He doesn't hide behind words to make himself look better.

Have a look at this short clip from a 2016 debate. Hillary would be seen by most here as the least worst option. But in this debate they're both asked what they admire about each other. Hillary says she admires his children....ehm...that's not an admiration for him. When Trump answers, he says she's a fighter, never gives up etc. A proper answer.

How can you not like Trump? Hillary was saying Trumps attitude towards women was despicable and Trump brought along women who accused Bill Clinton of sex assault. That's the biggest slam dunk I have ever seen. So you think Trumps treatment of women is bad and you're married to a man accused of sexual assault and misconduct by several women?

Trump has also been correct in multiple situations that he has been absolutely eaten by in the media. For example, covid cases in America. America lead the way with testing. He was correct, the more you test, the more cases you have. It's evident that throughout the world there were far more cases than tests showed up. Remember when 300 cases a day was seen as high in Ireland?

I really love the way he called out illegal immigrants. It's something that a lot of people don't understand. When an illegal immigrant enters a country, they take away the opportunities people who legally immigrated deserve. Look at how sympathetic Ireland is for law breakers? They call them undocumented! Immigration laws exist for a reason. Trump was never against immigration. Sure he married an immigrant and there's immigrants working in his hotels throughout the world! Yet again, the media twisted it into Trump is racist, Trump hates immigrants.

Trump would never come out with a nonsense statement like "when a woman says she's been assaulted, we believe her" which Biden came out with. No one deserves to be blindly believed because they have female sexual organs. And sure wasn't there women accusing Biden of being a creep. Did he ever comment on those and if he believe those women?

Trump was banging on for years before his presidency about China being a massive threat to the US. Obama was in bed with China. Then Trump comes in, orders sanctions against them and is called out for it saying it's damaging to America. Then Biden comes in, doesn't lift the sanctions and even adds more! Then the narrative changes that China is a threat and is bad.

I could go on.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,527 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I'm sorry...

But this is just mind bending..

"He doesn't hide behind words to make himself look better"

Virtually every word that comes out of his mouth is a lie designed to make him look or feel better.

Every single thing he says or does it to make him feel good about himself (or to swindle money out of people).

Clintons response in the debates was the best she could think of without telling the truth - That he is utterly without a single redeeming quality as a human.

He cares about absolutely nothing other than himself and would say or do anything in the pursuit of money and/or praise for himself.

He doesn't hide behind words to make himself look better.

I... I am simply FLABBERGASTED at this statement.

Hillary was saying Trumps attitude towards women was despicable and Trump brought along women who accused Bill Clinton of sex assault. That's the biggest slam dunk I have ever seen. So you think Trumps treatment of women is bad and you're married to a man accused of sexual assault and misconduct by several women?

So you think Hilary's marriage to Bill Clinton is worse than Trump's pride in his history of sexual assault?

America lead the way with testing. He was correct, the more you test, the more cases you have. It's evident that throughout the world there were far more cases than tests showed up. Remember when 300 cases a day was seen as high in Ireland?

No. I don't remember when there were 300 cases in Ireland.... I remember when there were incorrect reports of there being only 300 cases in Ireland. I remember when there were 300 REPORTED cases in Ireland.

Trump would never come out with a nonsense statement like "when a woman says she's been assaulted, we believe her" which Biden came out with.

Oh where to f*cking START. Should be a whole thread.

“I see the disinfectant that knocks it out in a minute, one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that by injection inside or almost a cleaning? As you see, it gets in the lungs, it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it would be interesting to check that.”

“Suppose that we hit the body with a tremendous, whether it's ultraviolet or just very powerful light,” “Supposing you brought the light inside the body, which you can do either through the skin or in some other way.”

“In another sense, I tested positively toward negative, right? So no. I tested perfectly this morning, meaning I tested negative. But that's a way of saying it. Positively toward the negative.”

“if she gets to pick her judges, nothing you can do, folks. Although the second amendment people, maybe there is, I don’t know. But I’ll tell you what, that will be a horrible day.” (He CAN be clever with his threats..... That was talking about Hilary Clinton)

“I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

"The closest thing is in 1917, they say, the great pandemic. It certainly was a terrible thing where they lost anywhere from 50 to 100 million people. Probably ended the Second World War. All the soldiers were sick."

"Testing is a double-edged sword. When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases, so I said to my people ‘slow the testing down please"

‘I will build a great wall – and nobody builds walls better than me, believe me – and I’ll build them very inexpensively. I will build a great, great wall on our southern border, and I will make Mexico pay for that wall. Mark my words.’

I could go on.

I could go on.

Fair play for explaining your beliefs . Its absolutely bonkers and assuming you aren't trolling reflects very poorly on your ability to criticality assess him as a president, a politician, a leader, a businessman and a human being. He's literally a third rate serial lying misogynistic compromised conman. His failings are not a media creation. His own thoughts, utterances, actions and inactions show him for what he is. No media lens/interpretation required.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,939 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I assume Ivanka want to stay in the will so she won’t play ball. I mean his other daughter was specifically prohibited from joined any of the armed services lest she be cut off from an agreement signed by her mother I believe.

Contempt charges brought against may be likely then ...

Even more good news... Not for 45 mind you

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Yeah, in his previous 4 years he managed to get impeached twice, and lost both the House and the Senate as well as his own job. So as much as it's an indictment of a) the American public and b) the Democratic party that Trump is still relevant in American life, I'm actually pretty curious to see how much further he can fall from here - if today's news from the NYC AG is anything to go by, he'll be in prison for tax fraud by 2024. That's if there's any justice in the world, obviously.

• Advertisement

Trump - proudly avoided war. Remember when they killed that Iraqi guy and everyone was saying he was starting WW3?

Now Biden is foaming at the mouth for war with Russia.

Haha - ye complain when he "gives Putin a pass" and you complain when the WH strengthens the stance. All in the one evening.

Classic

Ask Americans is their life any better than under Trump. I don't think you'd see many saying, yes, definitely better.

Biden says he'll go balls in on climate change and then refuses to sign the pledge stopping use of coal. Give me Trump who is open about wanting to protect American jobs rather than Biden who says one thing and does another.

Most people who have met Trump say he is a great person and great company. I can't remember if it was during covid or during a mass shooting event where he visited a hospital and the nurses were recording and he was absolutely glowing in his praise for them, telling them they're doing an amazing job. Really generous.

I don't know how you can criticise him as a leader. Listen to a Trump speech and listen to a Biden one, night and day! Donald has way more charisma. Joe looks like he's struggling to read the VT.

Leadership is keeping peace. He shook hands with Kim. There was no trouble with Russia. Trump leaves and within a year Biden is making threats of big action against Russia.

And although the plans to withdraw from Afghanistan were initiated by Trump, Biden stood by them and doubled down. By nearly all accounts, Biden was seen to have handled that situation horribly.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,311 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“Most people who have met Trump say he is a great person and great company.”

"All he wants to do is appeal to his base. He has no principles. None. His goddamned tweeting and lying... oh my God. I'm talking too freely, but you know. The change of stories. The lack of preparation. The lying. Holy ****."

"It's the phoniness of it all. It's the phoniness and this cruelty. Donald is cruel."

"You can’t trust him."

His own sister.

Btw, what you posted, sounds like propaganda.

I'm sorry but that just stream of consciousness has no basis in reality. He's a contender for one of the worst US presidents ever. He was impeached twice for feck sake. He literally has one goal in life which is the furtherance and enrichment of himself at any cost. If you are that far down the Trump rabbit hole to be regurgitating poor propaganda, then there's no hope for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,464 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

He's just an honest soul, selflessly doing service for his fellow man. Can I interest you in some NFTs?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,381 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Trump campaign officials, led by Rudy Giuliani, oversaw efforts in Dec. 2020 to put forward illegitimate electors from 7 states Trump lost, per 3 sources. 

Jan. 6 committee investigating this, including Giuliani's role.

Imagine tarnishing you legacy like this?

• Advertisement

Thousands of Rudy Giuliani's communications — more than 3,000 — have been turned over to the Manhattan U.S. attorney's office, which has been investigating his dealings in Ukraine while he was representing Trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement