Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,931 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is Dembele worth low ball bid now that Barca are forcing him out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

Dembele is a disaster and we should run a mile from him.

Anyone who has seen footage of this kid playing in the Liverpool academy is minded of those clips you see of Messi when he was that age, a tiny guy with incredible skill who just stands out.

Though I appreciate there is a long road between a 5 a side academy game and first team superstardom, it looks like this kid is following the Messi route to Barcelona, I wonder will we see him on the pitch in 10 yrs, or will his father wreck his career. It seems the father doesn’t think the Liverpool Academy can offer his son any more.

Take a look at some of the videos online, he really is something to behold.

https://www.instagram.com/arat.gym/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

No more players with dodgy injury histories please, Ox and Thiago risks that haven't paid off.

Just seem to be really unlucky with Keita, he only ever missed a handful of games for RBL

• Advertisement

Add in:

• Refused to go to training at Dortmund when he heard of Barca's interest. Even Suarez when he was trying to force a move to Arsenal for £40,000,001 actually turned up to training. Ditto Torres when trying to force the Chelsea move.
    • Left his house trashed when he left Germany. Klopp was his landlord btw.
    • Routinely late to training cos he stays up all night playing video games or hanging with his mates.
    • Cried off training at least once with a made up stomach bug.
    • On £200k plus a week and probably will look for more than that. Especially if he's on a "free" or a low transfer fee.
    • Hasn't pulled up trees at Barcelona when fit anyway.

He's a bad egg. It'd be Balotelli all over again, except more expensive cos of his wages. Run. Run. Run.

He’ll end up somewhere, but who is now going to pay the wages he wants with such an appalling injury history. I’ve not seen much at all of Dembele, is he really that good?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Dembele's name is lucky to be even mentioned in the same article as Liverpool football club, the lad is never ever getting that wage again,

Newcastle are the new China, all unwanted high earners are put on a hook and cast into Tyneside to see if they get a bite.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,800 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

A definite no for me as well, leopards don't change their spots.

We still need some sort of reinforcement in this window though.

The club have shown they are prepared to pay huge agent fees over the years and they have also shown they will not take sh1t from agents either.

So Salah might say he wants to stay and that he is asking for anything crazy however it looks like his agent might just be.

€500k a week seems to be the latest reports today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Can't see Salah getting the kind of service he gets from our player's at literally any other club than us, if Ronny in his twilight is getting 480 a week, 500 doesn't sound as bad, but good luck to Salah finding a team that play to his exact style....

Ronnie's 480k is pounds (and actually I've seen £510k quoted), not euro though. So Salah would still be on less than him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

Liverpool should avoid Dembele like the plague, why anyone would seriously consider him is beyond me, it was astonishing that Barca paid that fee for him in the first place, a hyped up player that hadn't really done much. On top of that he has a bad attitude, he makes Pogba look like a model professional!

There is possibly a good footballer there somewhere, but, he would need a massive attitude change and develop a work ethic, which appears to be absent in his case.

Less hissyfits out of Salah anyway when it's not working out for him during a game and he gets put on the bench, poor Ronnie looked lost last night 🤣

Bargain with the euro / sterling exchange rate 😉

If it was me I'd give everything to him but at the same time it's Liverpool FC, not Salah FC

My take on it is that we can't replace Salah for the same money between wages and a transfer fee, so just extend him on £400k or £420k a week if that's what it takes. He'll still be top quality at 33, imo.

I suspect the only reason it's not done and dusted is because FSG are willing to engage in some brinksmanship with him and maybe negotiate a better deal for the club (probably around stuff like bonuses, signing fee etc. rather than the bottom line), as only whomever out of PSG and Madrid does not end up with Mbappe next season are likely going to be able to afford him. I certainly think it's FSG's intention to keep him if possible and look to move on Mane and/or Bobby (as well as guys we're barely using, like Phillips, Origi etc.) to have money to refresh the squad. Note there's been no discussion of a new contract for either of those despite them being out of contract at the same time as Salah.

The problem with it is some of our other players could push for more money after we double Salah's pay packet. Or incoming players looking at our top earner being on £400k instead of the current reported £220k and adjusting their own demands accordingly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Also regarding Salah's contract. Say he is getting a new contract at 400k to 500k a week. He signs that deal now, it costs the club an extra 200-300k a week between now and the summer, that starts to add up over 6 months. So if they're confident of getting it done, they'd hold out as long as possible.

I didn’t know this until I heard a journalist talking about it recently, English clubs cannot pay players they sign out of contract up front signing on bonuses, whereas continental clubs can. It is something to do with the UK tax system and agreements between the Premier League and Revenue. The “bonus” must be paid over the duration of the contract on a pro rata basis and the player stops receiving payment if they leave after say, a year. So if Salah winds down his contract, he could be in line for an enormous signing on bonus when he joins a new club abroad which is paid in full on signing and the player keeps it even if they leave in the next window. So it must be very appealing for the likes of Salah to see out his current contract and look for a mammoth payday, along with a higher weekly wage in 18 months time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Is this a new thing where players/agents/family are taking to Twitter with funny gifs and photos during negotiations? What an absolute cesspool.

• Advertisement

I would say Nat Phillips press release any minute now, sold to wherever and a buy back clause for the Bolton Baresi should he turn into VVD

There is a lot of hype around this young Portuguese kid at Fulham, If we are makig a bid for him I wonder how much of a Harvey Elliott tax they will add on to it, They felt Liverpool screwed them over when they signed Elliott and it went to tribunal.

Interesting that both Pep and Edwards replacement Julian Ward both have their backgrounds in Portuguese football.

Unfortunately Dembele has an injury record Sturridge would be proud of. Definitely avoid.

A great career in the treatment room blighted by occasional bouts of fitness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,203 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kelleher and Gordon come in for Alisson and Ox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Looking forward to seeing how Gordon performs.

Taku on the bench. Really find it peculiar that he doesn't play more. Usually does well when he is on the pitch.

Unless it's a case that Klopp thinks he's too similar in style to Bobby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

if the 500k figures that are been reported in a few outlets today are true then there is no chance of a new contract for him! I couldn't in a million years see FSG offer anyone that wedge and in some way I understand it. That would put him on €275k a week more than VVD!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,899 ✭✭✭Girly Gal

He tends to make more of an impact off the bench. There really isn't a whole lot on the bench to change the game if we need a goal apart from Minomino, Neco Williams possibly in a more forward role could make an impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'm not a fan of Kelleher starting tonight, he has potential but still think he's liable to let a saveable shot fly past him. Yes use the early rounds to get younger players experience but semi finals and finals are for winning, I'd prefer Alisson was playing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,107 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Gordon starting is exciting. Solid in defence & midfield too. Have no issue with Kelleher starting myself. He hasn't made any errors this season that I can remember. Give him these games. It's the league cup not the Champions League. I do wan to win it of course.

I think I'm right in saying that Allison is the 3rd highest scorer on the bench!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Very strong team from Arsenal who supposedly wanted the match off

Watford linked with a £15m bid for Phillips today as the club turned down two different bids not matching the 15m

I think we will be talking about a goal that Keheller "could have" saved after the game,

I know the only way for him to get better is play but away in a semi final i feel Allison should have started

• Advertisement

They have there strongest 11 bar Partey who is on the bench

PEA doesn't count as he won't be playing again for them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Delighted to see Kelleher given the nod but especially Gordon - he certainly has a lot of people talking him up, so it will be nice to see him in a big game. Jones's movement will be key tonight - sadly lacking that with Milner by comparison. Hopeful of a 2-1 victory.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,799 ✭✭✭Enzokk

Very strange that they couldn't have fit team for Sunday but have this team available tonight. They took advantage of the rules and the PL granted them a postponement when it shouldn't have. Injuries is not an excuse to postpone matches, otherwise we would have had most of our matches last year postponed when we didn't have a senior CB available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Honestly have no idea how this game is going to go. Either side could be 2 or 3-0 up after half an hour depending on how they approach it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Sky's vomit inducing attempts to hype up the Carabao cup is vomit inducing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

What was Matip doing there? Gives it away on the edge of the penalty area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,276 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Sloppy by Matip.

Good save Kwiv-eeeeeeen.

Kelleher had his angles worked out there and got is fingers to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Kelleher did get a touch to that alright.

Henderson needs to just sit a bit close to Fabhino for 5 /10 minutes here

Jones is anonymous off the ball in these type of games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Fabinho needs to stay on his feet

No shape to the team at all right now. Midfield getting dragged all over the place.

TAA being destroyed out there at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Would bloody love Martinelli and Saka.

• Advertisement
Advertisement