Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordered Zanussi part - Now no contact!

• 06-12-2021 2:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭

On November 10th I ordered a part for my dishwasher from Zanussi. It's a part I really need as the dishwasher is not working without it.

On Nov 30th I checked tracking and noticed the order was in the delivery centre for over a week. When I called DPD, they then informed me their tracking stated that there were no items in the parcel, it was empty!

They advised me to contact Zanussi/Electrolux to find out what happened. I've called them every day since last Tuesday and left on the call...waiting and waiting. Even left numerous messages for them to contact me. I sent messages from their website as well but still no replies.

Not sure where to go from here.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,414 ✭✭✭chewed

I think this answers my question!

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.zanussi.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Bawnmore

Your post reminded me I ordered something and haven't received it. Got a dispatched email 7 days ago, but nothing arrived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 894 ✭✭✭mondeoman72

How old is this dishwasher? If it is within the last 3 or 4 years, they should be fixing it for free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Why?

Do you know what has happened to the OP's machine.?

Or just jumping in with two feet and making assumptions and then making a whine about something you have made up?

I have history in retail. If the dishwasher is relatively new, under the sale of goods and supply of services act, they retailer is liable for repairs for upto 6 years. There could be a simpler solution.

Oh, and dont be so agressive.

thanks.

• Advertisement

It's probably around 4 years old. And I accidentally broke the part myself.

You are out of luck then. If it is faulty, you have extended rights, but doesnt go with accidental damage. Did you try the spare parts places around?

I wish I read your whole post before calling and waiting for 20 minutes......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

I've 35 years history in retail and I'm sick and tired of people who make assumptions and spread mis information as you have done.

If a machine develops a MANUFACTURING fault, then it MAY be covered for up to 6 years.

Note the word "manufacturing" - it's rather important in the context.

General catch all statements like what you have given are false and misleading.

Just to be clear. I paid zanussi for this spare part! They send a box to DPD for delivery and it's empty!

• Advertisement

Still nothing received here also. How could they be this bad.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Chargeback and try espares

Interesting interpretation of the legislation.

Not really. I was only starting. Trying to find out the circumstances so could check if it applies. Didnt get that far, was attacked, so just left it. i have been here before on a previous profile. https://www.boards.ie/discussion/comment/115515984#Comment_115515984

Anyway, life is to short for arguements. If it had of been a case it went faulty, maybe we could have assisted, but the OP didnt give many details at the start. I was in retail as a manager for 20 years then a director for 8 more. But enough said.

What details was I missing exactly?

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 485 ✭✭SoapMcTavish

It is a common for people not to know that they have rights. If we had of got as far as to asking how old the machine was and also what happened to it, perhaps we could have helped you. Of course, the original issue of non-delivery is a different matter, easily sorted by chargeback due to non-delivery, but as a discussion board, it can help to understand the full circumstances and bigger things can develop. There is no reason for anyone to go on a rant though.

A customer of mine came in nearly crying as her washing machine packed up and the shop told her tough, buy a new one. It broke down, it wasn't damaged. Not an easy thing to do for a single mum working nights as a taxi controller to make ends meet. The shop wasn't interested. I told her exactly what to say and how to do it. They went quiet, then offered her a pro-rata discount on a new one.

The link I provided previously was a case of someone buying new due to a shop saying out of warranty. We got her sorted, but only as the thread developed, we realised the circumstances were in her favour.

Thank feck I got out of that now and have retrained and am doing something completely different.

It appears the non delivery was the op’s only issue, you just jumped to the wrong conclusion and made the thread about you.

• Advertisement

I have no idea if it's helpful to anyone, but I tried to start a chargeback before Christmas, but it wasn't straight forward as they had sent a product (regardless of it being the wrong one). To kick off a chargeback, I would have needed to registered posted the product back to Zanussi at my cost to prove I had sent it, then filled out a physical form and posted that to Permanent TSB which seemed like overkill for a 30 quid product (minus postage costs at my expense).

Out of interest, I tried Zanussi this morning and got through to them and then through to the parts section. After a few minutes of confirming details I got cut off randomly.

Called again and got through and asked that they took my phone number so someone could call me back if I got cut off. After confirming details, they tried to say a) I had bought the wrong product (I hadn't and we confirmed that on the phone) b) That I would need to post back the wrong product before they could do anything about it (I said this wasn't acceptable, it was completely their mistake) and c) It had been too long since the original purchase for me to report it (I said to check their contact form - that after not being able to get through on phone I sent multiple contact forms and nobody responded). They gave me the umber of a part they said I should have ordered and after checking it, it was completely wrong.

Once she came back on the phone (assumedly after checking), she directed me to the AEG site to confirm the part on a blown up diagram and then agreed that they would send it out. She asked me to dispose of the original part sent out in an environmentally conscious fashion. I'll believe it when I see it, but hopefully some light at the end of the tunnel. I didn't think any company could top Eir for bad customer service, but they're doing a great job to come out on top here.

I've just received a reference number for a support ticket, so that's promising at least.

wow. you did well. I'm still waiting for someone to reply to my emails. I purchased my part (which never arrived) via PayPal. I raised an issue with them before Christmas and PayPal ended up refunding me the money after trying to contact Zanussi themselves.

I had given up on it to be honest. I only chanced them yesterday as I was onto e-spares and they didn't have what I needed - I was ready to just buy a new (non-Zanussi) dryer. I've no idea what was going on with them in November/December that they literally wouldn't answer or reply, but they were only marginally better when they answered the phone.

Advertisement