Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW23 Transfer Thread

• 17-01-2022 2:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Deadline Friday 6.30pm

Wont be doing anything till later in the week as we might get news of doubles. But looking at getting Raphinha back in without selling Bowen which leaves Gray, Foden, Maddson, Jota as the options to go. Gray the obvious one but Foden would allow me get back to Salah a lot easier in 24 but the problem is he has Southamption, Brentford, Norwich coming up. If a Vllla double is confirmed would consider to take a -4 for Coutinho even though it feels a bit knee jerky having only seen 15 minutes from him.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Ronaldo out. Possibly for Watkins but won't decide until Friday. Either way Ronaldo doesn't represent value for money. Was holding onto him because Utd have a few doubles coming up but it's clear now he isn't fit enough to play two games in a week. Even as it stands he is dead weight as based on Twitter and the photos he has posted it looks like he is off in Portugal so god knows when he will play next. So I'll sell him this week. Bank the money and then use it to bring in Salah in a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Might be worth stocking up on Arsenal players for this GW, if their game with Burnley goes ahead.

If it does, they will go 6 weeks without playing a PL game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭macraignil

Went early to replace Mount with De Bruyne as I want a better captain option for week 23. Could have played it safer and simply replaced Targett but Mount has not returned in recent weeks and Chelsea have a potentially tough fixture against Spurs before blanks. Have the option now to play wildcard next week to get a team with Salah, Son and De Bruyne with other positions not being too bad either but budget is tight so I think it made sense to move early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Was supposed to be an easy one for me.

Keane --> TAA whom I accidentally non free-hitted out of my squad a couple of weeks back :(

But-

Had Tomiysu until he got injured so couldn't get Tierney before but he was and remains quite tempting too.

Edit: just checked. Tierney is currently top of the form table for Defenders and only 10% ownership. Hmm.

Also, on Aresnal. I see Auba has been sent home from the AFCON after a heart issue was detected.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,426 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Alonso -> Digne for me. Villa have some great fixtures coming up and he looked very dangerous V united

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yep....good shout....Alonso is a liability this season. He's been wedged in my team for ages now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Raphinha for Mount maybe.

Or just roll it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,054 ✭✭✭wanderer100

Need to get rid of Jorginho for somebody <6m

Considering Jacob Ramsey & Martinelli although I already have Smith Rowe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Be aware Arsenal are currently blanking in both 25 and 27, Ive got Tierney & Ramsdale and wouldnt be buying any more Arsenal players due to the blanks. Ramsey isnt a bad shout as he might have a DGW and after that his fixtures are really good for the foreseeable. If we get confirmation of the Villa DGW before the deadline Im thinking to get either Coutinho or a defender in, have Watkins already.

Matty Cash ---> Coady

ESR ---> Coutinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,701 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Alonso to Dias and then Gundogan to either Raphinha or Coutinho. Have fallen over 100 points behind my rivals since the start of Xmas so need something to stop the rot

• Registered Users Posts: 304 ✭✭The Guru 123

Not an option for this GW and possibly not the next one either because of AFCON but I think Cornet at Burnley could be a great shout between then and the end of the season.

Only 5.9 (probably 5.8 by then), will play OOP up front, will play every game and they have 5 fixtures they need to catch up on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

What are Foden owners doing? Hes been frustrating between Covid and the nightclubbing but it still doesnt feel right to sell him given the fixtures. But if he blanked again v Soton it would be top of my mind. If a Villa DGW gets announced it makes it easier to sell him but if not I think I'll hold him.

With Alonso the obvious move seems to be Dias but Laporte is pretty nailed now and a bit cheaper. They have identical attacking returns this season (2 goals, 2 assists). In any case I think I'll bench Alonso this week becasue Chelsea just cant keep clean sheets and Kane has form, would then sell him the following week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

He's got five yellow cards as of last week but doesn't look to be suspended. Is that right?

The league rules are "Any player earning five bookings from their side's first 19 Premier League matches will serve a one-match ban in the same competition. Yellow cards are not carried over to the EFL Cup or FA Cup.". I know he weas transferred and had games postponed too but would like to know where he stands regarding a potential suspension if anyone knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

Cucurella to Digne for me.

Midfield in poor shape, Son injured, Mount and Jota out of form and Bernardo played in poor positions.

No idea what to do, badly need some double GW info.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,419 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Man City game was fixture number 22 so he's fine now until he gets to YC number 10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,282 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Gotta shift Bilva. Have the funds for KDB or Bruno

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

James , Livramento & Son there. Then I have Johnson too. So I’ll need to move someone on to field Xi.

Thinking of James to Robertson or Tierney.

Is it even worth looking at future gameweeks & potentials?

Tierney is currently facing blank game weeks in 25 and 27 so Robertson may be the better option if you don't have a replacement from the bench to come in.

Post edited by macraignil on

No replacement as Livramento & Johnson not playing/starting.

That is kinda the dilemma too, should I just focus on each GW as they come - Robbo will also blank 27.

If I go Robbo, Jota & Son will be out then next for Salah & a 6mil player.

Robbo reduces my flexibility on other moves too as I’ve money invested in 2 5mil+ GK’s & 8 attackers.

I don’t want to wildcard so I may be forced to go cheaper route of Tierney for now

• Advertisement

I think my next move for a defender will be to bring in someone from Wolves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

Digne for Alonso . Looks like no team has 2 games for this gameweek

I’ve Sterling & Foden and I’m going Sterling

I’d have KDB or Sterling ahead of him but I don’t own either. I don’t think owning Foden is an issue though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Anyone keeping hold on Ronaldo??

Am simultaneously losing interest and panicking about FPL lately....I think I'll hold on to him this week and get rid of Alonso-yellow instead

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

Gonna FH this week as I have a slender 4 point lead in a monthly league. Anyone any FH suggestions? Looking at

Rambo

Tierney TAA Cancelo

Jota Foden KDB Raphina

Lacazette Dennis King,

Foster , Greenwood , Pinnok , williams

Double Watford attack could be risky. United WH could be open but united have been so poor lately I'm reluctant to get in any of the big hitters.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

I'd be looking at getting Watkins against Everton. Villa may get a second game this week as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Holding out on transfers until we get any sort of a potential DGW news.

Thinking of captaining Trent again. He could end up a better option than some DGW players if one does go ahead.

Is he the best SGW option? Strike while the iron is hot with him, and he was in some form last night.

Advertisement