Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AEW - All Elite Wrestling (*Spoilers for Latest Show*)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Id love to see a mox vs danielson rivalry kick off tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,596 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Dynamite on the 2nd of Feb will land on the 90th day since Keith Lee, Ember Moon, Karrion Kross & Scarlett among others got released.

Keith and Ember for me are no brainers.

Dynamite on the 18th of Feb will land on the 90th day since Top Dolla, John Morrison, Tegan Nox & Isaiah Swerve Scott among others got released.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

At whatever stage of the show he appears, either the 1st hour, or top of the 2nd. I hope he gets a god damned loud pop when his music hits, and he comes through the crowd - similar to his surprise debut at Double Or Nothing. Also it's his comeback, there should be NO INTERRUPTIONS (they need to stop relying on that particular trope). It should be just Moxley reminding everyone that he was the one who was supposed to face the winner of Omega/Hangman after Full Gear, and just warn Hangman that he's gunning for him at some stage down the road.

Moxley drops the microphone and makes his exit. Short, sweet & precisely to the point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So you're saying we're getting Top Dolla on Feb 18th? Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

Doubtful, wasn't there a sammy Guevara video recently where him and few other aew wrestlers slated him. Swerve on the other hand is a dead cert I'd say

Cody had the live crowd eating out of his hand.

Serena Deeb is awesome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,927 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Very good first hour, started to fall apart a little and Kaz went way too long, redeemed by Sting be a legend. He's having the time of his life out there!

Excited now that I'll have a Lights Out match and a Ladder Match to look forward to next week! Along with a potential Wardlow destruction of MJF in his hometown and a possible Gargano debut - should be a good one!

• Advertisement

Sting is bloody 62! What a last run he is having.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Officer999

I thought the Mox return was quite quick but he looked incredible. Massive credit to him

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Some turnaround. Looks back to end of WWE/start of AEW, his best look...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,850 ✭✭✭Pentecost

He looks about ten years younger fair play to him hope he stays healthy and happy.

Was a joke since I know they don't like him.

That Cody promo just made things confusing as t did seem he does want to move rom being heel. Maybe to being a tweener at least. Thought he was going to call out Punk. Then the mention of the contract.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,762 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

That Cody segment really sums up for me why I don't like the gimmick at all. He comes out, talks about himself for a while, how he helped others, then 'he' challenges Sammy for a match already next week. Which would be fine for a heel, but here's where it falls apart. They dont even given Sammy a chance to respond, to at least try and make a story out of it. Instead it's just all about Cody and Sammy is restricted to being used inring to help get Cody over with some cheap stunts, like Andrade before him.

Which is of course the big problem with this meta-heel stuff, even if we are just being worked by Cody, like the real HHH and JJ 'reign of terror' it's good for just Cody and sucks for everyone else. The end result of a worked reign of terror is the same as the real ones, all the heat on one person, and plenty of collateral damage to his opponents characters.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,169 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I'd say they're well aware that it's very self-indulgent but since it doesn't involve the world title and there are people like Punk, Bryan, Page etc to keep people mostly happy, they're allowing Cody to swing his dick.

And personally, since it's Sammy Guevara, I would have zero problem with Cody bringing out the shovel and burying him 12ft deep.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,944 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Not a bad dynamite but nothing amazing.

Enjoyed Moxs return and tbh I didn't realise how much he changed in those few months until the pick above so delighted he is well and healthy again.

I'm guessing OC gets the win next week in the lights out match, he needs a win(I know it won't count) in this rivalry as I feel best friends are looking like chumps atm, hopefully trent/romero get a win on Friday.

Agreed archer vs kaz dragged way to much, sadly I don't care about either and no way is page dropping although the pop he got was great.

Interested on how this house of black/Pac thing, maybe Pac to join and turn on penta?

Really enjoyed the main event and kudos to sting, loving the acclaimed the perfect heel team.

Yea confused on Cody's thing, maybe a slightly more heel tactic to beat Sammy in the ladder match.

Wasn't expecting to see punk squash spears but I enjoyed it as it helps build up wardlow as he lasted longer with punk who barely won due to mjf. They will probably try blame wardlow for the loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,003 ✭✭✭✭titan18

You've some good potential matches coming up over the next few weeks.

Cody Vs Sammy, Roppongi Vice Vs Young Bucks, Cole Vs OC, MJF Vs Punk or Wardlow, Hangman Vs Archer, PAC and Penta Vs Black and King and PAC Vs Black could be a good match for Revolution.

I'd like Cody to do more as Sammy bores me now and I liked Cody's promo. Danielson and Mox need proper feuds now though. Either of them Vs Cody at Revolution would be great and they can win the TNT title off of him. Mox Vs Cody would be ideal as Danielson gets a good match out of anyone.

With the lights out match next week too and it being in Cleveland, wonder do we get Gargano. Cole wins and Gargano comes out to join Best Friends would be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,636 ✭✭✭RollieFingers

Another very enjoyable episode of pro-wrestling from AEW.

Great to have Mox back and Sting is a lunatic!

I love the Roppongi Vice reunion, it obviously had to be against the Bucks. Cool video package to fill people in on the history. Rampage and Beach Break shaping up nicely!

Is there any reason for the Gargano predictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭ThePott

Hometown. Gargano is from Cleveland which is where Beach Break is on next week.

Number 1 show on Cable last night in the US ahead of both the NBA games that is impressive.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Seeing Sting Perform the way he does always makes me smile.

Just amazing how a 62 yr old still performs like he does, he put some younger guys to shame tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 54,275 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Mox returning and looking like the old Mox, lean and mean. I'm so happy he's back and healthy again.

What was shouted at Jon when he got in the ring that warranted a response that may have had Tony sweating?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭Cotts72

I was wondering this aswell, couldn't find anything online

• Advertisement

Just saw Moxley's return, he looks phenomenal.

Advertisement