Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two midfielders the midfield really needs strengthing and one forward in the summer should and needs to be gotten

Bellingham, Tielemans in midfield would strengthen the team for the next 6/7 seasons.

Bowen or Raphinha as the forward.

• Registered Users Posts: 971 ✭✭✭AdrianG08

Bellingham, tchouameni, Carvalho and Raphina.

Happy days 😛

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Is Klopp looking to nab Martinelli from Arsenal?

He was saying again after the match how good Martinelli is (and i agree he's very good and could potentially be brilliant) surely a bit of courting going on? I think it's the second time Klopp has spoken about him in glowing terms and it's not like he was asked directly about him he seemed to bring it up himself.

Be a great signing if it were to happen IMO

Klopp has been talking Martinelli up since that 5-5 in the league cup two seasons ago.

Both Martinelli & Saka's contracts end in 2024 so I would say bith would cost a pretty peeny this summer.

If they don't sign a contract next season then that would be the time to tempt them away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Arsenal are building their team around him - why would they sell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,068 ✭✭✭jones

Yeah no idea why they would sell him but as agent coulson said if he doesn't sign a new contract he could talk to whoever he wants next season maybe Klopp just putting the feelers out there for him. Who knows

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Saka is apparently on 30k a week, which is obviously not a lot in the football world so they will need to get him to sign a contract this summer or cash in as after this summer the price they can get from him will start to fall rapidly.

Arsenal should be worried about those two running down their contract as Liverpool might not have the cash to tempt them this year but City, Chelsea and United could very well throw cash at them this summer that makes them consider it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Yeah don't think the allocations are that great unfortunately. Ballot for eligible members that are non-transferrable. Though not sure how that works in practice now, I've been able to buy a ticket in someone else's name when successful in the ballot previously (nothing nefarious it was explicitly allowed) though they have changed a lot with ticketing in past 2 years I think.

You could look at sponsors of the cup, Carabao themselves or Wembley sponsors or the EFL and enter competitions they might have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,978 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

Liverpool allocated 33k tickets, if your had both home games this season in the league cup it’s into a ballot, if you have them plus 1 away game you’re guaranteed a ticket.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭RonanG86

I'm sure the club would like to keep him, but how happy is he as 4th choice? He might ask to leave.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

He’s still recovering from a year out… way too early for him to be getting itchy feet. He’s also had 3 long term serious injuries in his time at Liverpool and has gotten his place back the previous two times once he waited for his chance. Wouldn’t expect any difference this time. We’ve 2 CBs in their early/mid 20s and 2 into their 30s, so as one of the young ones he’s in a good position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,305 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

With homegrown quota they will have to keep him.

The guy has just come back from a long term injury and is still struggling to regain his form. He surely understands that Matips time is almost up and that he will get chances due to injuries. At the start of next season he is likely to be competing with Konate to partner VVD and beyond that to being Konate’s partner eventually. Where would he go? I can’t see City, United, Chelsea signing him, that leaves the likes of Villa, Arsenal, Spurs, WH as possible interested teams, would he want to leave Liverpool to step into teams that will struggle to get into the CL?

If anything, I would let him go out on loan for 6 months to get back to first team sharpness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

Feel like that Gomez question is the epitome of the short term thinking that exists in football fans and media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Klopp has said that Kelleher will start the League Cup final.b

Massive moment for Kelleher. Delighted for him tbh.

Klopp also saying if you want to buy a keeper like Kelleher it's pretty expensive.

So that put's a big price tag on him if a club comes looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Ikozma

All booked for wembley,does anyone know if jaimie Webster will be playing before or after the final,and is there a boss night planned?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Salah for some reason doesn't get much respect outside of England and Egypt, sad. Usually playing for Liverpool is enough to be catapulted on to the world stage. Would be great if he can win Afcon.

The World Cup is on this year, Egypt have a qualifier to get through, but a good World Cup would go a long way in showing the world his worth.

• Advertisement

If gomez is our future then we are in big trouble,I'd offload him and keep phillips,who imo is far superior

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,044 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Ah he's really really not. Phillips is excellent at playing within his limitations and maximising his strengths. But Gomez gives you waaaay more, and lets you play in a way that Phillips doesn't.

Gomez biggest/only shortfall is just that he needs to be in good physical shape to play his natural game, which can take a few appearances in a row to build up to. But once he does, he's an excellent footballer.

Ah look we all have our opinions,I personally don't rate gomez at all,he too often looks like a lost puppy on the pitch,he did have a good spell 2-3 seasons ago and injury hasn't helped but if I was to choose between him or Phillips I'd choose Nat every time,the only thing gomez has is pace which allows a high line

I think that Gomez showed prior to his knee injury that he is a superior CB to Phillips. I hope he makes it back to that level.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,510 ✭✭✭population

That's interesting. He must be a powerhouse. People don't really think of gymnasts as strongmen but they are incredibly strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭atilladehun

The flip side to that is if Egypt dont get to the world cup then Salah gets a break mid season for us. If Egypt do qualify he is playing non stop through to afcon 2023 that summer. Could be the run that ruins him.

I wouldn't be too bothered about trying to win extra respect of football fans and media. IMO it weird and a bit of a distraction from whats actually important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

I like Nat he's a good honest player, but his ceiling is a lot lower than Gomez. Joe's big problem is that he's had a few serious injuries already, and as a result his career has been stop start. He needs games, needs to gain experience and learn some lessons, but as said above his form before his injury suggests there is a brilliant player there.

I wouldn't be selling him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,499 ✭✭✭BoardsMember

Even in modern style football where everyone needs to be able to play, to pass etc i think u can get away with 1 old style centre half. I think Philips ticks that old style, no nonsense win the challenge, dominate physically. And he can still play a bit. People seem to forget how good he was last season. And how perilous it can be with Gomez. Give me Philips any day, given the quality of the rest of our CBs and the resale value of Gomez versus Philips.

Hopefully Southampton can beat City today. Southampton have one defeat at home since the start of season, and that came back in Sep. City's run can't go on forever, this is not the twilight zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Some very, very short memories here when it comes to Joe Gomez. He was keeping Matip out of the team at full fitness, a player who’s arguably been the best centre back in the league this season. And he’s still only a baby for a centre back, Hyypia was 26 when he joined and there was no indication he’d be as good as he turned out. Van Dijk himself was the same age as Gomez is now when he joined Southampton, he was a great signing for them of course but again absolutely no indication he was going to become the greatest centre back in the world within a few years.

Joe Gomez has shown more quality than both of those club legends at an even younger age, and some people want him sold? It boggles the mind. If he recovers fully from his latest long term injury (speaking in the future tense as we haven’t seen enough of him since returning to determine if he has), we could have Virgil’s succession plan sorted without even spending another penny on the transfer market. If Ibou reaches a similar level as well then we’re laughing, but Gomez should be held onto at all costs. If we had more cover at centre back, then loaning him to a big club abroad would do him the world of good for the rest of the season so he can get his sharpness back but that’s not an option with Matip’s injury history and Phillips probably leaving this month.

Gomez is a great player, he needs games so badly, and that's the issue. I'd loan him to Villa, or anyone, as long as part of the deal is being able to recall him at any time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

Egypt have been drawn to Play Senegal in the world cup qualifiers so one of Mo or Sadio is getting a month off mid season next December.

It will be Salah for sure, Senegal strong favourites

The quadruple is still on for us, I'm confident we can do it. Hopefully Southampton can do the business today.

Such a shame, relations so much better with those two this season, and now one is going to miss out because of the other, hope it's not a return to the obvious tension of last season between the two on the back of it. I hope Mane goes to world cup now, as Salah is less likely to ponder the failure of not going, Mane is far more sensitive to these things.

If one of them wins Afcon then I'd prefer the other one to win the qualifier!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Gomez is an excellent centre back and he's blessed with pace. If he can sort his physical conditioning out then he's a long term player for us and we'd be crazy to sell.

Say nuffink

Whatever happens today, their run is nearer its end than its beginning. They'll drop points. Just a case of how many and when. And whether we do our job for the next 5 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭jebidiah

Thattl düttl

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

That will do nicely.

Gives a bit of hope to other teams that City are human after all.

Well done our feeder club!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well done the Saints for showing others that it's OK to put up a fight (like teams do against us) rather than rolling over and being tickled.

Need to win our games in hand, and close it to a real 6pts with half a season to go.

Just need to keep doing our job, we have to win all our games until we play them, it's that simple. Get it to 6 points max when we play them, then it's all on the line.

Watch us mess up tomorrow 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,342 ✭✭✭Ardent

Ordinarily I'd be encouraged by City dropping points, but we're not as consistent as them this season to be able to capitalise on it.

Harvey, Salah, Mane, Keita to return, Minamino actually becoming very useful as a squad player, Thiago will miss tomorrow, but looks set to return next game. Jota hitting form, Origi ready for the final shot of the season to win the league. Ox not injured, could play tomorrow.

Right now we just need to beat Palace. But things are looking up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Broja is a talented kid

Klopp texting Pep

'' Mind The Gap''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,106 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Need to beat Palace and take advantage of City dropping points. Otherwise, that result is irrelevant really.

Advertisement