Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW23 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭bmorrissey

Brought in Lennon for the DGW

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Definitely tempted to go 2 out of 3. Maybe Dennis/Pedro. Have Watkins Dennis A-S-M at the moment.

Have Foster and Bachmann because I have no idea which GK will start.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭rekluse

I'm free hitting also and put my 1st draft in my earlier post today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,304 ✭✭✭munster87

Would you bring in a second Watford attacker this week? Tempted to just roll. And would be Ronaldo out too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Quite similar to mine. I've gone:

Foster

TAA Robertson Tierney Cancelo

KdB Foden Maddisson Raphina

Dennis Watkins

(Bachmann, Saka, Saint-Maximin, Digne)

Given myself a total benching headache but better than having 0 point anywhere :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I wouldnt be tempted, I already hold Dennis and if bringing in King then youd be left with a double Watford attack just as their fixtures get a bit harder- WH, Brighton, Villa, United, Arsenal, with 3/5 of those away from home. So youd likely end up selling one of them after the double GW so it would be two transfers used for a DGW punt.

Im 95% sure Im going to roll. I am tempted by getting Raph back in now when he faces Newcastle but would be doing it for an in form Maddison who has Brighton at home. The main reason for rolling is I need flexibility to get Salah back in and all the money is in Kane up front. Im thinking of trying to go forward with both Kane and Salah so having 2 FTs next gameweek will give options. Also there is an international break between now and 24 so there is bound to be an injury/covid case somewhere in my team.

I'm tempted by a triple watford attack now that the double is confirmed. Would be worried by an Everton bounce after benitez going for watkins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

I've put the armband on King ...who's with me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Me, so given my recent record with Captain picks, I’d advise you to change :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ronaldo is a doubt now according to Rangnick :-/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Mount+Ronaldo to KDB+King for a -4. Then Bruno in next week for their good run.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,913 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

took a -8 son, smith rowe and mount for maddison de bruyne raphinha doubt I'll regret it

mount doing nothing for so long now, rowe does well with his few mins per game

some good captain options but not great capt options for me It's on trent but I like kdb maddison even raphinha or jota, think Raphinha could

be a great punt

not going with Dennis again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭bantee

Think I'll leave Ronaldo in the team and if he doesn't feature then Bowen comes in. Thinking of Moura & Mount to Jota & Ramsey for a -4, will captain Dennis. Not sure on the hit tbh but not enthused by the points prospects of Moura & Mount playing each other this week.

*wrong thread

Jesus....took a hit to get him in as Captain...I'll be damned if I'm taking a hit to get rid a week later

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm flipping between Foden & Raphinha.

Raphinha has Newcastle this GW and the lure of the upcoming DGW too. Short term fixtures are not the best though.

Foden has good fixtures for 3 GWs and I need some more Man City coverage for those games. This GW is not as attractive as Newcastle and he has no DGW upcoming.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,929 ✭✭✭shmeee

I'm some ape!

Sure I've 3 Watford already with 2 GKs.... Went to do transfer there! I'm fair thick.

Gonna roll and give King the band.

Is Foster a cert now lads to properly take back his spot? Might -4 then to get Dennis in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭crushproof

I didn't realise Tim Krul is out injured, makes a Watford double attack even more tempting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I was all set to go Digne in for Reguilon but now thinking should I bring in KDB or Bruno instead of Gray? Bruno especially if Ronaldo is doubtful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,290 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

With Ronaldo doubtful, think I'll do the following for a -4

Ronaldo & Bernardo out

KDB & Dennis (C) in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Keane --> Lowton. Exciting. I remember his goal last year fondly. Not ruled out a -4 just yet.

I think Fodens fixture v Soton is decent enough obviously provided he starts, he is likely to get subbed on if not. I have him and hopefully intend to hold him for these 3 fixtures and then ship when the CL restarts. But I also want Raph back next week regardless of his fixtures, he just keeps ticking over irrespective of opponents, him and Bowen are the two 6.5's that keep delivering so will hold both until that stops. Its a hard call choosing between Foden and Raph especially given the Newcastle fixture, Raph maybe has a slight edge this week in that you know he is guaranteed to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Ronaldo to Dennis done. Still stuck with Trossard and Gray..Tempted to do Trossard to KDB for a hit but he would just be a placeholder for Salah and would probably be sold again next week. Have a feeling Southampton won't be pushovers either. Trossard against a terrible Leicester defence and Gray against a potentially Konsa-less Villa could return so might not be worth the hit getting rid this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,009 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Cheers.

Such a difficult decision to make. I think I'm going to go Foden as the fixtures are nicer. I can bring in Raphinha if & when their DGW is confirmed, as a hit can be negated there too with 2 starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,508 ✭✭✭Dubh Geannain

Need to bench one of Gray, DCL or Antonio. DCL for now.

Done Bachmann to DDG (will start Foster)

Maupay to Dennis

Band on Dennis

-4 taken.

Gray only sub, starting Bowen and Bilva over him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Dalot in for Alonso

Dennis (c)

• Advertisement

Fupp it....got rid of Ronaldo in the end for Watkins. It was going to be a hit next week anyway and it really doesn't matter a shyte at this stage the way my season is going

Advertisement