Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Domestic Solar PV Quotes 2022 - No PM requests - See Mod note post #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Thanks,

I have another company coming Saturday morning so will be interesting to see how they stack up.

the quote 10,700 was coming in at 7500 after grants and I presume a discount somewhere .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭MAULBROOK

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭bullit_dodger

It's like grading a kids homework.

"Supplier needs more effort and to apply himself"

The parent teacher meeting will be interesting for sure😆

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Lombardo123

Hi everybody...

New to the journey and it has taken me at least 3 days to get through the second half of last year's thread and through to this years! Very educational though for me, and I feel in a much better position to see if I'm being robbed ( which from my first quote below looks like I am :-) ). Thanks to those more knowledgeable than most on these topics for steering us in the right direction.

My specifics:

- Terraced house in South Dublin, east/west facing.

- 3200kwh annual usage.

- No EV.

My quote (Dublin/Cork based)

- 8 390W Jinko Solar Panels (4 each side)

- Huawei Sun2000 3KLT inverter

- Solar iBoost

- BER included.

Cost excluding grant : 8900 !

My thoughts post reading this thread

- I don't need the EDDI / iBoost.

- I should include a battery, unclear if I'd need more than 2.4 based on my profile?

- Any value upgrading the inverter to 5kw/6kw based on my usage and size of kit?

- Short term I don't see an EV in the house (3-5 years)

- it's a mental quote, albeit my first.

I knew someone who knew someone in the company so said I would start there, but I'm hoping you might be so generous to recommend suppliers installing in Dublin please.

Thanks again for the help and guidance.

• Advertisement

You can bin that for a start.

Ladies, Lads and they send your suppliers.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Check out the solar as a service crew mentioned on here. Might suit you if you avoid the diverter and battery

• Registered Users Posts: 1 ValuePlease

number of quotes received:

But quotes not coming in close to 6k yet

[10 panel - 3kW hybrid inverter - min 5 kW battery wanted] - mid Wexford based & eligible for current grant.

Would really appreciate it if someone could DM recommend a supplier please.

Many Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

Is this quote any good for 9.9k after grant.

Equipment and labour for 6.24kWp Solar PV with 4.8kWh battery storage

16 of Jinko N type 390 watt all black mono panels with 25 year full product warranty

SOFAR 5kW HYD 5500-EP single phase hybrid string inverter

4.8 kW Dyness Lithium Ion cartridge battery storage in expandable housing cabinet

MyEnergi EDDI water diverter

AC and DC cabling and isolators

Suitable 32 amp 'B' type RCBO protection

Full label kit to identify all parts

Notification to ESB Networks by NC6 form as set out by regulators

Full installation of roof mounted PV system and associated battery storage including all

necessary roofing and electrical infrastructure

All performance testing and commissioning of PV system

Full explanation with client of every aspect of the installation and expectations.

To complete our works professionally and efficiently with Safe Systems of Work Practices

adhered to with as little disturbance to the clients property as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,326 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It can be bettered.

Should be aiming for €8.5-9k so it's not a rip off, but could do better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭THE ALM

As DrPhilG says you could do better. I'd up the inverter to 6kw as well. If you could haggle another €500 off and get the bigger inverter for the same money it would be looking better.

Nearly there, up the inverter to 6kw.

What part of the country are you in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Nolars

I only ask as not all companies cover nationwide.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Cerocco

I would really like for someone in the know to let me know if this is a good quote I got today. The quote with the more powerful battery is €11,000 before we apply the €3000 grant and as you can see below the less powerful battery is €1200 less.

a 4.18kW PV array (11x Qcells G9-ML 380w all-blackpanels) c/w 5kW Solis Hybrid inverter, the high spec Puredrive 5kWh Purestorage2 battery.

Here are the specs of the Puredrive battery:

• 5kWh capacity
    • 5kWp max discharge rate i.e. how fast the battery can discharge energy when needed
    • 10yr product warranty
    • 10,000 cycle guarantee 
    • expandable to 25kWh

You can swap the Puredrive to something more modest like Pylontech battery with the below spec saving roughly €1200:

• 2.4kWh capacity per module
    • 1.2kWp max discharge rate per module up to 2 modules (2.4kWp max for 2+ modules) 
    • 7yr product warranty 
    • 6,000 cycle guarantee 
    • expandable to 9.6kWh

i would appreciate any feedback. I’m based in north Dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,136 ✭✭✭championc

Please remember newbies, you can get about a 3kWp system from the SaaS (Solar as a Service) crowd for €3,600 net.

You could later add a battery to a separate Storage Inverter (Sofar ME3000) and it doesn't have to be located anywhere near a PV inverter either.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

The rule of thumb pricing is €1,000 per kWp installed, plus €1,000 per 2.5kWh of battery. This is after the grant has been deducted.

Based on this, that system should cost you €6,180. Prices have gone up a bit in the last few months so the rule of thumb can be hard to achieve on small systems like this. The quote you received isn't the worst, but I'd keep looking for other quotes to see if it can be bettered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Speaking of different battery types:

Large system with choice of 10kw dyness battery or 10kw puredrive. Is puredrive worth 1k more? What are the pros and cons?

😎

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,169 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Puredrive has the higher discharge rate, however that is a bit moot. With multiple batteries you'll get 100A discharge either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Is 100A discharge a required minimum to function on a domestic set up (or is the Puredrive 200A a necessary on current/ future requirements with say an EV on the drive)? If on a 10kW battery what does 100A discharge relate to/ mean in kW/ kWH?

• Advertisement

The 100A is DC current at the nominal battery voltage of 52V = 5.2kW. A 10kWh battery could supply this power for a little under 2 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭mrm

Indeed. If you run anything more power hungry than that, say an electric shower, the excess will be pulled from the grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭qb123

Due to have panels installed in a couple of weeks time. Provider has now told me that panels we'd agreed on - Jinko 405W - have been delayed, so are offering Trina Solar 400W panels instead. Price remaining the same, though they tell me Trina panels are more expensive. Anybody know how the two sets of panels compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭poker--addict

Thats from a quick search. He is correct the Trina are (ahem) more expensive.

TBF feck all difference, personally I wouldn't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭necstandards

Got a quote with "Rec - twinpeak 4 black series" panels and an option for "Trinasolar panel - Vertex S" but these names are new to me. Anyone using them & are they reputable? Dont think i have seen them mentioned before on here

• Registered Users Posts: 45,463 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

I don't think panel brand makes much difference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,768 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Wash your mouth out, saying such stuff as that. 🤣

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭Robertr

Thank god I found this thread. Totally new to this but got a quote today following a neighbor recommendation. Was thinking it looked pretty good but not now.

4kw system = 12 Failte (?) panels

Universal Inverter - 6kw

Dyness Lithiuym battery storage - 2.4 kw

Eddi immersion booster

BER, installation etc..

€13,824 before grant of €3,000 so €10,824 is the total price

Seems very high to me now, also am a bit worried about capacity. We tend to use a lot of electricity, my highest 2 month period this year was 3100kwh, so not sure 4kw will be enough?

Also, they made a big deal about doing everything themselves, no contractors etc.. and only having to deal with them if anything goes wrong. Is that worth anything or is it just hype?

I am in Kildare, if anyone wants to recommend anyone to get a quote from, please feel free to PM me. Thanks.

Post edited by Robertr on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement