Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are we excited yet?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Phew, things are looking a bit more sensible now that the US market has opened. But will it hold for the day is the question.

Edit: And 30 mins in, the sense has gone out the window...

Post edited by Markus Antonius on

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Mr Burny

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Jesus it just keeps dropping, 50%retrace back to 30k do you think? 2k ETH?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭olestoepoke

What's caused this dip? Threat of Putin invading the Ukraine?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

We're just in a bull market, so expect massive drops across the board. Just don't look at it for a month or two.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭deadduck

Just watched Ben Cowen’s latest video on Bitcoin prediction for the short to medium term (which is the main one I pay attention to, as almost all other cryptos are tied to its performance to a large extent), and his expectation is it’s going to keep falling for Q1, and probably into Q2 also, UNLESS there’s a massive liquidation event that drops it to something like 25k (USD), and things will begin to recover from there.

I think we’d all rather the short sharp shock and a recovery, than watch the market bleed for another few months, but who knows how it’ll go 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I have seen posts going back to maybe August that predicted it would all come to a halt in January, and drop back down to €15-$20 ish.

But I also saw $100k Christmas.

$100k didn't happen, but starting to think the other is very possible.

We all were told it was happening, I planned to take out at €50k and if not €45k..... 😄 Kept telling myself there's one more spike there.

Ah well. Wait and add.

Anyone swapping it out now to a stablecoin to possibly improve base when it gets to bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,853 ✭✭✭antimatterx

Polkadot at €17. Unreal entry point imo.

I swapped all my BTC out to USDC, I need the cash to pay for a 2 week trip for 5 to Orlando that's booked since Nov but not paid for, In Nov I was expecting it'd rise but now looking like a bear is inevitable. I was foolish to use earn to pay for the flights which had some BTC locked up but I've settled and cashed in all and am left with USDC. I bought in the most of mine at $17K so i'm still doing all right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

Crypto has literally been Nasdaq squared for the last two months. Once tech stocks start to recover, crypto will recover in my opinion. When that will be is the question...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,533 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Are we still excited?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

I think we're seeing the beginning of a crash across the board, I wouldn't be holding out for recovery in months. I'm holding anyway and will buy more.

Beverly Hills, California

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭Ozark707

Are you currently waiting for it to go down more or are you buying now?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,130 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Jaysus, it just keeps going.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

What or where are people's recommendations for cost averaging long term into BTC for example. I've been looking at putting in every week or would monthly make more sense to reduce down on fees?

I'm not planning on putting in large amounts by any means but don't want to be paying unnecessary additional fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,252 ✭✭✭nc6000

• Registered Users Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Jafin

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭Mr Burny

Maybe buy if it goes below $1,000 for the craic

Bought more Polkadot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭SortingYouOut

Buying now and will buy if it dips more. I'm bought in at 30k USD anyway and I've no plans on selling in the next 5 years.

Beverly Hills, California

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

I'm looking around and was always planning on HOLDing, until I saw a load of stablecoins on whale alert and I had also read €15k - $20k predicted low, and a few other things. I went half into stablecoin (USDC) last night, and plan on watching for another month before hopefully back in.

Ideally I would buy in again at the lowest, but most likely I would have been DCAing all the way down, which isn't a bad thing, but if wanting to maximise, maybe worth taking a small risk.. 🤞

It could of course start heading to the moon any second and I'll be left scrambling to get it back on when the exchanges all lock out and crash etc.. 😱

LOVE IT! 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Been a rough couple of days, checked out here to see if we are in for more pain, and I'm now excited, the golden indicator that has yet to fail me in showing BTC is going lower is the "stacking sats" benchmark that is BrandonBay86, lo and behold he has not announced to the world he has pushed all in with another purchase of €100 worth of BTC, "had to be done", this action without fail precedes any price dump, one can now conclude that the worst is behind us and we will start a recovery Sunday night.

Position yourself accordingly to make the most of this head start on the rest of the market, fortunes can and will be now made with this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭el diablo

How do you know it's not going to below $10? I'd wait till to market settles a bit. We could be at the beginning of a painful bear market. Shades of early 2018.

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 17,948 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

$2.3k level coming up for ETH, could get ugly under that...

It might, long term it doesn't matter. I'll buy more if it keeps dipping.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭BrandonBay86

Went deep again today on corn. Well used to it at this stage. I buy the tops and I buy the bottoms.

Price more or less the same this time last year. The difference is the Greed & Fear index at that time was Extreme Greed, now it’s Extreme Fear.

It’s not scientific but it is what it is.

Long term bullish as ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,902 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Down 33% overall at the moment. Should have sold that loopring when it went up 30% over a few days near the start... its now down to about 1/3 of its opening value.

Certainly this crypto thing is not making me a fortune at the moment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭dirk_dangler

Could you not have kept your power dry at least until after this months options expire on the 28th? Let the market pump a bit and then you could dump it a week into February with your sat stacking.

Week have another week of pain ahead now that Brandon has cursed the market, sadly 20k BTC is a real possibility now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,189 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

More drops tomorrow i presume? Might take some out and put it into stablecoins for a few days...try buy back in at a lower price.

Queue massive gains! 🤣

• Advertisement

Probably a bearish Q1 now by looks of things. Maybe also a Q2.

Personally I'm still buying, but not as much as I was. I'm building a cash position to take advantage of further dips over the coming months (if there are no further dips that's fine also. My portfolio will grow and I'll have more moeny to buy in).

Advertisement