Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭RunningFlyer

Look at flying&train through London/Brussels. I’m in London on Friday anyway so getting Eurostar over and then early Air France flight back to Dublin on Sunday for €90. Early start though, good thing there wont be beer in the stadium 😅

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've done Swiss air via Zurich in the past as a cheaper option.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Just on Paris, will the stands/huts outside the stadium be allowed serve drink? Had planned heading out a bit early for a few before the game rather than staying in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Oglaigh84

Longterm lurker, what are the chances of a non-club, non-supporters club member getting 3 tickets for the Wales match? Slim to none or do people reckon they'll go on general sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,683 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

Disagree.

If the All blacks game had tickets on general sale 2 months ago, then I expect tickets for this 6ns to be very easy to get, and will be on general sale at some point imo.

A lot of them serve non alcoholic beer too as they're connected to the stadium

Disagree

6 Nations tickets are cheaper

6 Nations is a competition, unlike the autumn internationals

No home 6 Nations games accessible to the public since March 2020.

Italy probably will go to public sale, doubt the rest will, beyond a few very last minute tickets as normal

yeh, above is correct. The marketing behind the 6 Nations is something else. It’s a no hoper for non-touted tickets

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

You've just mentioned one of the big reasons tickets will be easier to get... Touts. Almost impossible for touts to gouge because of:

A) new legislation in effect. Makes online touting almost non existent

B) tickets will be etickets

Add to that:

C) corporate interest in tickets down significantly on previous years

D) shorter window to get tickets sold

E) some older fans will still be staying away from stadia for now for covid reasons

F) Home games for us are Wales, Scotland and Italy. Our 3 home games year vs 2 home games in other years where it's England and France we play. Those years demand is always higher coz it's only 2 games and against better (usually) opposition.

Tickets will be easy to get for anyone who has their heart set on going. Keep an eye on this thread and have ticketmaster website/app at the ready.

Alternatively keep an eye on toutless.com

That site will have an abundance of unwanted tickets from people who's plans change for whatever reason.

• Advertisement

I mean. Yeh if the guy wants to spend 4 figures on a ticket fair play to him

Good luck getting one on toutless where thousands will be onto someone the second a ticket goes up

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

See some travel agents are doing packages for home games with ticket and 1 night stay in hotel. Wonder how many tickets they get? If people were planning on staying in Dublin anyway might not be the worst option but still likely paying over the odds for the accommodation.

Post edited by Eod100 on

• Registered Users Posts: 24,382 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

If covid still has its mental hold on people then there's still a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭Fatnacho

Managed to get 2 tickets for both the Wales & Scotland games in 2020 on Ticketmaster on the Tuesday before each game. You literally have to refresh every few minutes though

• Registered Users Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭Shane732

What hotel do the team stay in when in Paris or whereabouts is best to stay?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,130 ✭✭✭PMC83

There was beer tents set up down the road from the stadium when I was there a few years back, decent festival feeling. Plenty of fans and good craic. If you head out people will be there, though it is akin so a few tents set up in Sandyford industrial estate, not loads in terms of proper pubs.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,375 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

What he said.

The best you can hope for is picking up a late return the week of the game. You'll need to be camped on TM and might not get three together.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,121 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Yeah that’s where we went the year of ‘le drop’ so hoping it’s still on with the COVID crap.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,486 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Just had a look at one of them. Says "From €399 per person" for the match v Scotland, for a package including a Category 2 ticket. IIRC, a Cat. 2 ticket is €90 by itself. so that's €309 p.p. for a room, probably based on two sharing, so a total of €618 to actually have a room for the night.

Same place says Cat. 1 ticket upgrade available for €75 p.p. Again IIRC, Cat. 1 ticket is €110, so should only be a €20 difference. Looks to me like a bit of gouging going on.

Yep, good to see those new ticket touting laws working 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭lawrencesummers

There is probably a lot less take up of corporate tickets because of covid so you might well find them on general sale at some stage alright.

Restrictions are scrapped so id imagine plenty of corporates are back in business, I know our place is anyway for 3 home games client entertainment wise.

Precisely!! I really think people who believe there will be loads of tickets around are in for a bit of a shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 845 ✭✭✭Ronney

TM have pages up for the 3 home games but no word on sale times.

Aviva presale starting at 15.00 today

https://www.ticketmaster.ie/guinness-six-nations-2022-ireland-v-wales-dublin-05-02-2022/event/18005B86982E8A9E

• Registered Users Posts: 11,790 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Probably an obvious answer but who's the Aviva presale for? Never heard of it before

Is it for U20? I know the time is right for the mens 6N but the banner on the link has U20?

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭trevezel

not for U20, but its amazing to discover this presale right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

I have been watching it for about an hr.. they are updating it the whole time.. italy, and Scotland were showing as being available from 3 , but now they are not..only Wales..but that could change too.

Banner has been updated aswell in the last few minutes..

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

Yeah see banner is updated now, very interesting to see what happens at 3.

Is it Supporters Club? I haven't rejoined since the lottery for a chance to buy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭noraos

I'm the same..now I'm just waiting, hovering over the mouse patiently..😄

"To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all."-Oscar Wilde

Advertisement