Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Places to Shop in Ireland

Options
  • 18-01-2022 5:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Hello,

Hope this is the right place to post this. Wondering what people here think are the best places to shop. So I divided this into several shopping categories:

Groceries:

Eco/bio groceries:

Chemists:

Eco/bio chemists:

Electronics (TV, computers, home appliances etc. - including online stores):

Online shopping (likes of Amazon):

Home & furniture:

Second-hand online shopping (sell basically anything):

I'll update this post later to include all your fav shopping destinations to create an ultimate Irish shopping list 😊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Online shopping (likes of Amazon): shopinireland.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭silver2020

Is there a reason for such a useless thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,844 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Do I list all the local shops I find best?

What's the point ?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Doncor

Well I'm interested in this and maybe some others too, don't judge. Sometimes I'm having a hard time finding a place to buy certain items, especially if it's niche like organic cosmetics etc. Besides, you don't have to comment if you've got nothing to say.

Amazon uk was a go to place for cheap junk stuff and sometimes electronics, but now after Brexit I can't find any good alternative without paying customs.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

Groceries I shop in SV 30% , Dunnes 50%, Lidl and Aldi 10% each. Depends on what deals are on at the minutes mainly. Never shop in Tesco as there isn’t one, nor eurospar because they are too dear.

• Advertisement

Amazon has all the decent stuff I want and there's no additional duty as it's handled at checkout. It's not cheap junk like Aliexpresss.

The local XL shop is great too.

But, as has been said, what's the point if a general list of shops? If there's a product you can't source why not ask in a dedicated thread?

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Doncor

I guess there're just too many items I'm interested in so it's easier to combine them in one thread. Here are a few examples:

• Organic cosmetics
    • Second-hand furniture (need to organise my storage rooms, maybe turn one into something loosely resembling a walk-in)
    • Tennis supplies (balls, overgrips, strings) - tennis stores I know have a very poor product selection
    • Computer hardware - again need to have a wide selection

Re: Amazon - do you shop in .uk or other? Is there no duty at all or it's paid for at checkout?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,475 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Online general stuff : Amazon

Electronics : Harvey Norman or DID

Pharmacy : Pure

Sports equipment / sportswear : Decathlon, just back and a great customer experience… employee went over and above to help.

Groceries : Dunnes

Home & Furniture : Ikea

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

• Advertisement
Advertisement