Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox Game Pass

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Its a no for me, Ubis back catalog doesnt have a wealth of titles I've missed - indeed, any game they had worth playing, I likely already own, and the fact that they've become somewhat of a caricature in terms of their repetitive game design, it feels like 'if you've played one, you've played them all'.

Similarly, their games get discounted like mad within weeks of release. Both Far Cry 6 and Riders republic are both available for about 35 euros from cd keys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭skerry

All 3 Hitman games coming to GP on 20th January

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Oof, they're some of the best games of the last decade. The amount of hours I've put into these games is probably higher than every other game, apart from maybe Civ 6. I can't recommend them enough.

I've only played a bit of hitman 2 but was tempted to pick up 3 on a few occasions.

I picked up Civ VI on Switch a while back and some of the DLC. Must get stuck into it. Steep learning curve though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,380 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

I bought hitman 3 at Christmas. Ah well.

Civ 6, first thing to do is turn on "show yields". Without that, it's near impossible to know what you're meant to be doing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,086 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nice site I found that lists all gamepass games and keeps track of games leaving, coming soon, available and had fps boost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

Why create that. It's good for us yes, but I see no way they can make revenue. No ads and then the cost to run the website. The guy is losing money having that website.

Yep ,makes no business sense at all. They could at least add affiliate links

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,197 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Are people actually looking for websites to have ads now? Crazy world.... Leave them off, I'm sure they wouldn't be doing it if it was costing them! Or they're rich and/or don't care. Handy site though.

Ah yeah I'm just thinking it's mad that they created a site and make no revenue off it. Most people use adblockers anyway

• Advertisement

Could be just one of those people who likes having an updated list of stuff for themselves, but made it public.

Yeah it seems to be created by 3 guys who are either a CEO for a digital marketing company, games journalist or owner of podcast studio so I'd say they can afford to not have any revenue for the site

Nice Mid month drop. Nearly bought Deaths Door last week on Switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Likely they can use it as a portfolio piece to show to other customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭Poorside

I'm just getting back into gaming after a long break and I'm finding it brilliant to try out games without having to spend and fortune and hope they're the kind of game I like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭-=al=-

Some of the most enjoyable games I’ve played have been some random game pass indie games. Definitely worth it.

I was going to buy Halo Infinite but saw it was available for free on game pass so just subscribed for the year instead. Only problem is finding time to play so much stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,328 ✭✭✭SuperBowserWorld

If you can get the 3 year gold to ultimate upgrade deal for about 120 quid it's a steal.

But then, have a look at the games on there and also, if you don't have much time for games you might not get the value out of it at regular price.

Also, you can get a Series S to scratch that itch and keep the PS. But a Series X would have better long term value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I got a series s back in October, upgraded from a ps4. I got gamepass via Turkish route for 3 years, and I've only paid for 1 game (rdr2). I've been ploughing through all of halo for the last while, I'm finally onto infinite after playing the masterchief collection and halo 5,and doesn't cost another penny for them all, it's great. Would highly recommend. And as stated above, you can play random games at no charge, some are great.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Just Some Young Lad

To be honest - I've stopped buying games for my Xbox these days. I play from the GP and EA Play through the Xbox Ultimate Membership. It also allows me to play some of the games on PC, whether through streaming or downloading them... I can't complain about it for the price point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Would ye pay the full price for it? i.e. €10-15pm

I'm the epitome of casual gamer as I head for old age so I just don't think I would. I'm used to getting cheap Gold subs so thankfully GPU costs pennies on top of that if you know what you're doing.

In saying that, I'm grateful to have it now. I would not have played the Ori games - yet they're now up there with my favourites. I wouldn't have bought the new Halo (any Halo tbh) but I just finished it last night and I did enjoy it. I'm sure I can think up quite a decent number of such examples.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭feargantae

U+ for just PC is €15/m and for PC+Stadia is €18/pm. When you consider GPU is €13 alone it really doesn't seem that good of a value to sub to Ubisoft+.

That's not even mentioning how many of us use the Gold conversion trick so are paying a lot less than the €13 a month to begin with.

I'm hoping when it comes to Xbox it'll be just an add on of say €9.99 (or even €4.99!) for just Xbox alone or the existing €17.99 for all platforms. Here's hoping anyhow!😄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,493 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I pay through Stadia for Ubi + and it's €14.99 but I have access to the PC side too.

Not sure if it's an offer or a legacy promo or something that I have, but you're right €18 seems to be the price per month for cross platform Ubi +

Short answer is no, it doesn't offer near as much value as GP or GPU which are cheaper for way more games, so they need to be careful how they proposition it price wise on Xbox for sure :)

By the time you finish all those games, MS will have finished buying Activision, so all the COD games will be on game pass.

Loving Nobody Saves the World right now. Cracking little game. Combat is simplistic but starting to get more complicated. Characters are all interesting, and some genuine funny moments. Little touches like how the Mermaid's animations change depending on if she's on land or in water (worried looking to manically happy), the little flexes on Strongmans pecks and butt. It's full of little details like that. And had good progression, something I like in a game. I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 612 ✭✭✭feargantae

If you were subbed before they increased the price (in September iirc) they'll honour your existing price. But it's €17.99 for new subs :(

I'll defo get it for a month at least when it comes out, but Ubi games are too same-sy to justify keeping the sub, imo

So soon before the release of Forbidden West? I'd hold out for that at least! Well, if you enjoyed the first one anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 242 ✭✭Nugget89

This was a great recommendation. I'm not far into it yet, but it's a lovely game.

• Advertisement

I'm a bit overwhelmed at the moment by the amount of great stuff added to GamePass recently.

Playing Death's Door mostly which is a really fun action game. Then have Mass Effect LE on the go which is great, and I'm still on ME1 which is easily the worst one, then Hitman got added which I've only managed to do the training for, and I'm still playing through DQXI which is like comfort food in RPG form, but it just happens to be about 100+ hours long. Have been playing a lot on cloud as well on my phone with the Razer Kishi and it works flawlessly now.

Advertisement