Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Prime Bargains - Chat Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,954 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Your Amazon total is your final total.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

Fire HD 10" tablet - £100

cheaper again "with Ads" EUR 106

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

I got mine in PC world on black Friday for €99 - got onto Customer service and they removed the ads for free... I think it's €109 with PC world right now too if anyone is in the market for one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭POKERKING

How do u get them to remove ads? Just ask or is there a reason u can give?

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭Sync

They initially said no because I bought the tablet "with special offers" that include the ads, but I pointed out that the Currys listing did not mention ads anywhere on it, so I didn't have an option to buy it with or without ads. I just asked them if there was anything they can do for me on it because of that. The guy waived the £10 fee based on that and I got a pop-up straight away saying special offers had been removed. It's nice having a normal lock screen on it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

OK, we were told off in the No Chat thread for debating the merits of Duracell batteries vs the ones they sell in Dealz, Euro2 etc @ 20 for €1.50 under various brand names including Kodak

I contend the cheapo batteries are garbage; someone here did a more scientific comparison and found that they contain about the same energy per dollar but the cheapos lose voltage faster (caveat - american prices, old webpage). Something he doesn't mention is that in my experience the cheapos often leak, which virtually never happens with Duracell, Energiser etc.

Having said all that I bought a shedload of "amazon basics" AA batteries recently and they seem ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,016 ✭✭✭Doge

I meant to say this much earlier but the main difference between the cheapo Kodak batteries that you get about 20 of, is that the Kodak ones are Zinc batteries. It's written on the label.

The likes of Duracell are alkaline.

This is where the "Duracell batteries last upto 10 times longer" marketing comes from, they're comparing their batteries to Zinc batteries.

Now I have no idea if there's much difference in the value endurance between the various brands alkaline batteries. That's for another discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,987 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Penneys batteries are alkaline and very cheap, as are IKEAs, both aren't that much more expensive than the Zc batteries from pound shops and I think they're cheaper than Amazon Basics. Last reasonably well in my experience, though probably not as good as top brands.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,952 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

FFS Will yiz p155 off with the battery analysis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭deandean

Amazon Basics batteries are in my experience, excellent. I buy them regularly.

• Advertisement

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,669 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Zinc and Alkaline batteries actually have different use cases and aren’t comparable o one another.

Generally speaking zinc batteries are actually recommended for very low power devices like basic clocks and old fashioned basic remote controls.

Higher power draw devices like some kids toys, etc. have to use Alkaline and Zinc is useless in them. Also zinc is mor likely to leak and damage your device

Best to check the manual of your devices to see what they require. Personally I keep a stock of both for different devices.

BTW there are also other battery chemistries like Lithium AA batteries, even before you get into the more complicated world of rechargeable batteries.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Lads, stop the battery talk please and keep this to amazon deal chat only. Future non deal chat posts will deleted with bans issued to the offenders.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Revolut have a 5% cashback offer on airpods. If I buy through Amazon, I presume I wouldn't be eligible for cashback? It doesn't state it on their t and c's.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,340 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

FYI - this thread is now a sticky

Got a refund for a £12 item which was 2 days late being delivered from Amazon this week.

And 2 items worth £30 each in one order will be refunded if they don't arrive Monday.

Does anyone know if there's a limit on the value of the items ordered that are eligible for refunds?

And is it only specifically if the courier used is Amazon Logistics?

Edit: the 12 pound item was delivered by anpost so it must not be courier specific!

Mods sorry if it's off topic, but with the shortage of drivers lately it can be potentially money saving info.

Btw you need to claim the refund in the tracking section of the order by tapping / clicking a Get Refund button that appears at midnight after the last day it's supposed to arrive.

Post edited by Doge on

• Registered Users Posts: 6,484 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

I was due to have 3 items delivered today but none of them have dispatched. What’s going on?

Answering my own question here but all the criteria is listed here for "Amazon Guaranteed Delivery"

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GK6M8SK2ZSHEDNRR

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭boardz

Am I missing something here? Did a google search for the item and price on Amazon shows £2.59 but when I click the link the price turns to £5.99.

ps couldn't get the 1st photo to position correctly on the post for some reason?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Different seller based on sending to the UK

• Advertisement

Doesn't seem to be that ....... can't find that brand at the google price and the link opens directly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭SourSessions

Change your address to a UK one - you'll see the £2.59 price.

Yes you're right.....so I'm not getting free delivery with Prime it's doubling the price to send it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,749 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

No, you're getting free delivery with prime. A different seller entirely has it at the lower price, but they only deliver to UK addresses.

Ah I see........still thinking its costing me double with albeit a small price but doesn't sit right with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Bodan

I think this a bargin compared to this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01NAUIV64/ . Does anyone know what the difference is besides a european plug and its default language is German which is easily changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,246 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

Thanks was looking for a phone so brought this, according to the first review with changing a few settings and changing the supplied telephone lead and a Euro to UK plug adaptor it seems straight forward, have downloaded English instructions too for when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭ganoga

anyone know of any upcoming sitewide sales? probably not until prime day? looking to pick some misc stuff from warehouse

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

is this a bargain? Philips ambilight 43" for £399

anyone have a philips ambilight what are they like?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,303 ✭✭✭NATLOR

That will incur customs duty so landed cost will be in the region of £465/ 550 euro

Have an ambilight a few years love the feature

Advertisement