Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renovate an existing crap extension advice?

• 22-01-2022 6:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭

Hi all im looking for some advice on getting an existing extension fixed up, i was thinking of knocking it and building a proper extension but its going to cost a bit more than i thought.

So instead i was thinking of patching up what i have, its a prefab type of extension in pretty bad shape to be honest, but if i can fix it up a bit and get another few years out of it that would do me,

if anyone has any people they would recommend  I would appreciate it, ideally i was thinking of getting some work done on the roof and side of the building, and putting in some double glazing, fixing kitchen and doing some work on bathroom.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,643 ✭✭✭Gusser09

Some pics would help.

Insulation is key here. It can literally transform the living space for very little cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭ETRY

Thanks Gusser i have attached some pics,some parts on the side of the building id say you could put your foot through with a good kick, the window is an old single glaze, you cant see the roof but when it rains it pools im waiting for it to come in on top of me. so i would like to get that patched up.

The neighbors told me the structure was dropped in with crane and stuck on, instant extension, maybe i could trade in the old one, and they could lob on a new one for me.😂 😂

The kitchen as you can see, is all over the shop, i was thinking of gutting the whole thing and putting in a fitted kitchen, but then if the structure is falling apart not much point. All advice appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 648 ✭✭✭MakersMark

I don't think that's worth trying to save.

Better to save up and get the whole thing torn down and a new extension constructed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,325 ✭✭✭✭Furze99

Agree and/or do as much as can yourself to save on costs.

Advertisement