Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Immigration Control Officer - Dublin Airport

Options

Comments

Hahaha Legend, someone had to be brutality honest. I take my hat off to you. I agree with 99% of what you said, I mean Kathrine Zappone wouldn't have the same power of as a BMU HEO to make them ICM contracts. 

But the job did use to be good at the start, management sucked the life out of that and their staff. Sure latest BS is and ICO to ICS panel, can’t wait for the hilarity of corruption that will follow with that. 

If I had known what the job was going to turn into, I’d have stayed away tough tackling shifts on top if unnecessary mental health fatigue being created by an organisation that considers staff as essential.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭turbodiesel

I was at a Justice union meeting (Zoom) about a month ago and BMU are not the only section that are unhappy. But it seems to be a common theme that a lot are feeling demotivated and that rules are not applied equally to all.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭job seeker

What does ICS stand for? I'm not into all these acronyms!

That's kinda what I was saying in my last comment. Work can be difficult without everything else that is posted here. I do think it is great to get into the civil service though.

ICO = immigration control officer (clerical officer)

ICS = immigration control supervisor (executive officer)

ICM = immigration control manager ( higher executive officer)

Head of operation = (assistant principle officer)

Then there is back office admin staff.

Yeah civil service is a decent job, the BMU would be as well if staff weren't so mis-treated and the back hand dealing wasn't carrying on.

Just remember your trapped in the BMU for 4 years if you hate it unless your promoted out or quit.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brisco1979

For the witch hunters. Brisco is a tv show and nothing more. The Ico/co to Ics/eo was a lie. Wheres Wally the ap strikes again. Harder to find then white beard. Anyone with savvy called porkies. The new advertised eo to ics. Confirms what was known. The amigos been looked after again. We have already been told who #1 on panel. By middle men. Anyone whos a Eo already. Dont apply it a waste. Panel confimred already. Temp icos = new ics. Moral once again. Hits a new low. Thankfully an The Insider movement in the works. Wont be long now before RTE reports.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

Thanks Walter.

Don't be holding yr breath waiting for RTE to report anything of interest in the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wangchung

If RTE did manage to come out and view, they probably wouldn't be able to make head or tail of the total chaos and lack of planning out there. They wont find any Management to interview; they've gone back to their keyboard warrior status. to avoid and ignore staff .🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I know that applicants from the 2019 competition were recently contacted asking if they were still interested in the roles and for zoom interviews.

Does anyone know if this has progressed at all or has anyone got a date? A family member was one of the applicants and hasn't heard anything since.

They are in OOM 200ish...

I'm in the 420's and am waiting for a correspondence.. Previously the last ICO recruitment (2016) drives were extended a year, so I would assume this will happen again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 ken1302

Can anybody please tell me how does the roster works for an ICO , I mean week 1 week 2 etc what kind of shift hours are they ?

example:

week 1 05:00-17:00 (mon, tues,fri,sat,sun)

week 2 06:00-18:00 (wed, thurs)

week 3 14:00-02:00 ( mon, tues,fri,sat,sun)

week 4 18:00-06:00 (wed,thurs)

Do they repeat these way or how? Or are they mixed shifts?

anybody who knows,pleAse give your feedback . Much appreciated .

Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Brisco1979

Update. Moral is an all time low. The solution. Team bondage...I mean bonding. Suggested by the failed PO. Thankfully leaving. Sideward move. Suggests customer service legacy more a skid mark. In Tony Sopranos garments. Hopefully new PO. Cares about immigration. And the law. I digest. No one wants to go team bonding. Management consults the big book of corruption. Bribe staff. So they go. I mean what and pardon my Francais. Gimp suggests this on staffs rest days. Someone with no clue how shifts work. Or how staff feel. After been rammed by failed team changes. If anyone reading this. High up there. Fix the actual problems. HR contact sorted. So this approach works.

Team bondage!! 😂

Best of luck in the new role! Can I ask out of curiosity, did ye ever consider going to the union on this matter?

The union are a waste of space. Made a total mess of a long standing pay dispute recently. What should have been a fairly straightforward claim was royalty fucked up. Neither the interest or will to get it right.

That's a shame!! Normally you can depend on the union to fight your corner!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Chinelo

How long does it takes to get a reply from interview for an immigration control officer role.

I don't know. I think it can vary from one campaign to the next. For a different CO campaign in the civil service, I was waiting like 4 months for a result..

Can I ask what OOM are you out of curiosity? I'm waiting for an interview myself..

Generally the results will be sent out on the day of the last interview or on the Friday after the last interview. If its the current batch of interviews some were cancelled and moved to next week so until everyone is interviewed they can't form a panel.

I think the list has to be signed of by an A.Sec too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Eggyolk

Hey Guys, will ICO competition for Dublin Airport still going forward? Too quiet. Does anyone has any info about this competition?

I emailed on October 29th and they had reached OOM 282 at that stage and still going..

Post edited by job seeker on

• Advertisement

I'm asking, cause I had the interview couple of weeks agora and got back the week after saying "Congratulations, you got qualified for the position...". Since then, no more news. I hope they're still considering this competition.

Thanks for the info BTW.

Apologies, I was unaware! I assumed you were in the same boat as me. I'm waiting on an interview myself. So I'm of no help to you! Congrats on passing the interview, clearance is the last thing you're waiting for now! I hope you hear soon!

No worries! I hope they continue moving forward with this competition for the sake of all of us who's being going through this process for a long time now. Hopefully good news will come b4 Christmas.

Hey Everyone! Any good news to us all? Don't worry about the COVID-19 situation, I guess they still need New Batch of ICO. City centre today was packed with tourists. Imagine when things open back open again! They're just getting ready!

I've heard rumours that a new batch of ICO's will be taken on from the panel just formed from recent interviews and trained in early spring.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blackeagle

Finally got my extra clearance done and moved on to employment reference but still no sign of contract or training news.

Great News! When did you get it? Don't mind me asking. Cause I'm still expecting any information about Clearance. I passed the Interview, so I guess that would be the next step.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 blackeagle

1st of December got an email saying I'm got clearance. Employer Ref done too. I got another email this morning saying I been assigned as ico and D.O.J will contact me soon for arrangements but still no contract. I suppose I get to know when they contact.

The Panel is quite. Is it still going forward? Any thoughts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭wangchung

Apparently, the numbers on the frontline out there are currently being reduced with reallocation and staff leaving and looks like there will be a delay in any further recruitment. It looks like it going to be a very difficult summer with a passengers numbers nearly back to pre covid but with less staff to handle them

Advertisement