Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk, Gossip, Rumours 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Soft peno if given...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,365 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Keeper blocked him off and didn't get the ball. Or Jota would've gotten it, as bad as his touch was.

Jamie trying to be impartial, but it's a pen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,490 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Shocking decision, that was no penalty .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s a joke of a decision, never a penalty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,304 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Absolute farce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Terrible desision that was never a penalty.

I'm obviously wrong!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

That’s never a pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Very, VERY soft

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Shocking decision

• Advertisement

In my opinion, Jota knew he wasn't getting control of the ball, next best thing touch it and head for the keeper - shouldn't be getting rewarded for that.

That’s a lucky one. Not a pen for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 775 ✭✭✭patsy sally

That's ridiculous decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Watt about that hall by Trent though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I'd be fairly pissed if that was given against Liverpool. I just don't think he's going to get the ball whether there's contact or not.

I think we're thinking it's more shocking than it is because Jota's touches are horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,798 ✭✭✭Ken Tucky

Agree with you all...blessed

Crowd not happy, can't blame them

That was generous, but I'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Never a penalty. But I'll take it. Alisson take a bow, multiple quality saves today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,875 ✭✭✭hynesie08

Well, when we win the league, there's the * for city fans, harsh decision.

No penalty, but what it was was faith, and more belief the quadruple is on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Yeah, Jota knew he'd lost control of the ball so headed into the keeper to win the peno. Would be raging if an opposition player did that, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Nice to get it

but a disgrace of a decision on that pen

We needed that

Well we won’t have to worry about that happening if we keep defending like today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SM01

Simply not a peno. Viera rightly aggrieved at that decision.

Crystal Palace the better team today.

Alisson our man of the match.

There'll be days like this. If we win when we play rubbish, excellent! And be better next time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭Ottoman_1000

Awful decision, I'm actually amazed they even looked at that. Our nervousness when we go 2 ahead is something to behold 🤣🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Fab is the new goal scoring machine now that's 4 in his last 4.

He had scored 4 in his previous 143 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

What an absolute shitshow of a decision from the officials, just shows how bad they are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

It's poor that the ref doesn't look at that in the screen and say "are you kidding me lads? No pen"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

I've seen those types of pens given so don't see the big deal. Keeper was green the way he came out plus the defender with his wild kick gave Jota no choice but to go towards keeper.

• Advertisement

It is. Has there been a time when a ref has gone over in the Premier League and stuck to his on-field decision? Every time they head there we seem to know the outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,145 ✭✭✭Augme

Everton got a peno against us in a very similar situation. Calvert lewin bashed the ball over the goal line and then ran into Allison and got a peno. At least they're being consistent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,672 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Lucky as hell to get that win. Money well spent on Allison even if they should have scored.

Id say he must have been raging when he looked at the monitor. Seriously putting me on the spot today 🤣🤣 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Showed great resilience there in a poor performance. Nice to get a dodgy decision in our favour for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,588 ✭✭✭cmac2009

What a scumbag move by that liverpool fan snatching Hendos jersey that he clearly meant for the kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,396 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Yea they've been given before but I just don't think it should be one.

When has a ref gone to the monitor and not stuck by his on field decision?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

If City were awarded that penalty decision, I'd be very unhappy about it and there would people calling conspiracies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Well, a sh1t show all around. Shoddy, sloppy performance from when we went 2 up, midfield absent, defence exposed and wide open, forwards not grabbing the ball and holding it, only Allison came out with credit in the bank really. A performance that didn't really deserve 3 points, but 3 points is what we got, so let's move on.

Lack of control in midfield a huge issue, needed to just get the ball and keep it, but it's not part of our make up, really disappointing

• Advertisement

I think I've only seen it happen once which says it all really!

The defensive line needs sorting out, it’s as bad today as I’ve seen it since the 7-2 defeat to Villa. We’ll win absolutely nothing if that keeps happening.

Van Dijk is a bit of a concern. We could usually get away with the high line because of his recovery pace, but that isn’t there anymore since his injury and it may never return. With the centre backs available to us, it suits the team more to sit deeper and play on the counter attack but I can’t see that happening either.

We’re blessed to get all 3 points today, only for Alisson being absolutely world class once again we’d have lost that.

You give any half decent team the type of space and time the Palace midfielders were given today and our defence is going to be in trouble.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭.G.

A win is a win but that was an awful response by the team once 2 up and cruising and Palace started getting chances. Even half time didn't solve it which is poor again. We won't be going on winning runs playing 60 minutes of matches like that.

I didn't think it was a pen but when Ederson took out a Newcastle player a few weeks ago absolutely everyone said it should have been a pen. their keeper has done the same albeit it with a little help from Jota but keeper is out of control, its on him not to be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭eigrod

Exactly. Midfield is a real problem. Fabinho putting up a one man resistance. The last 5 years have caught up on Henderson. Jones is a great player but not one to turn a tide of pressure. Thiago badly missed for keeping the ball.

Blessed there today but we will take that!! Something needs to be done between midfield and defence, the amount of clear chances we give the opposition is woeful....VVD not at it at all this season but the promlems are starting with our midfield, Henderson has been poor for most of the season and Jones does not look up to it, he can be good going forward at times but offers no control when required. We are simply unable to hold onto the ball and take the sting out of games when the tempo is up and against us!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,269 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

You can see how our fanbase can be irksome to others when we're grandstanding over a peno you see given, this season alone I've seen similar.

Just take the result and be happy, don't have to prove anything to others.

Congrats too Klopp and the Team, they did it, got through the games without Salah, Mane, and Keita, they'll all be back before next league game.

• Advertisement

Midfield is where a game is won and lost. Yeah a striker or defender can do something great/terrible , but the game is won in Midfield

Advertisement