Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

That’s five and a half grand on pretend football players. 5.5k in real, actual money.

It f**king disgusts me to see what gaming has become, delighted he didn’t pack a TOTY.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Yeah its an absolute joke to be throwing that kind of money at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Go on put them into the icon player pick, could be a game changer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Changing instructions to “come for crosses” helped MASSIVELY. So major thanks for that tip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Finding the OTT through balls are a lot worse post-patch. Every second goal I’m conceding now is an inch perfect OTT ball.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

I noticed bigtime in WL that 4-4-2 with 2 deep lying cdm's and all stay backs seemed to be newly in fashion. I assumed some youtuber had put up some tactics vid as hard to imagine the masses using a formation so pathetic. At least the prior 41212 everyone used was attacking to a degree and resulted in decent games. When I see that version of 442 or 4231 I'm torn between wanting to quit immediately for sanity or being motivated to beat them more

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Has anyone used the Vidic from SBC and Rio from swaps? I’ve done half of Vidic and have the tokens to take Rio so thinking of getting them both to revamp my centre back positions and allow me to play any keeper on full chemistry.

Also rumours of the Varane flashback leaves me thinking of going to 3 centre backs if I could afford to do him

I was hoping Varane would come today. Just packed a 2nd Dybala and need to put him into something.

I’d say he’ll come with the TOTY defenders on Wednesday.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,691 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Tuesday they are released is it not? Attackers are Fri to sun, midfield is sun to Tues I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well I use 433(2) on 70 depth and i send my CM's forward, i leave Salah, Kane, Mane, on stay forward, and i manually send Trent and Robbo forward, i keep the ball and i mean i keep the ball, in one game earlier, i had nearly 270 passes to his 40 something passes, i'll even pass it back to my keeper if i have to, until they decide to push out and then i have them, they make mistakes then, and leave gaps, once i score 1 or 2 they quit

Its a horrible way of playing, theres is hardly any enjoyment in this game as it is, why you would put yourself through playing in such a negative way on top of it is beyond me

The issue is that they've made through balls a joke, yet the lofted is automatic.

It should be the other way around. The lofted should be harder but I find my players would often end up messing up a 5 yard through ball with acres of space.

It's like the corner glitch, the reason people passed it short is that if the goalie can get to the drop spot he gets the ball every time. Instead of fixing that, they just change the alternative. I used to pass it short but generally try to shoot outside the box. I found with my players etc there wouldn't be anyone worth crossing it too.

Would it be that hard to remove the ability to move the goalie, what purpose does it serve apart from having people doing unrealistic things that make the game annoying(annoying if you hit it the side the goalie has moved that is).

It would be great as well as closing off a glitch, they also fixed what caused it to be used.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭Bunny Colvin

Anyone else find shots being blazed over the bar a lot more since the patch?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Muller and Harrison from my red picks.

I’m finding I’m enjoying this WL format. Pretty easy to hit level 5 if you wanted to but I try and close it out within a day.

Handovik from the totw pack and some French league. Sid all in the packs.

After holding it off a while, decided I’d get promoted to elite division. Regretting it now. I’ve played 3 games… 2x 1-1 draws and the 3rd, we both had a total of 3 shots - 1 being mine, so I quit that one before I started falling asleep.

edit: gone from 1800 to 1680. I haven’t won a game yet, lost about 10 at this stage.

Post edited by Calvin on

Done that 81+ x11 SBC, best I got was Mane, then an 86 & 85.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

I just did it - 89 Benzema, 86 Insigne and 84 Ito (TOTW) were the best I got

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭doc holliday

Finished rank 4 again. Scraped in on the last game as per.

Best pulls

Red picks - 87 handanovic

Totw pack - few 84s

Ultimate pack - 88 kroos

Jumbo Rare- 86 alba

Then put everything into finishing another icon player pick

Already have ginola untradeable so Henry probably won't take that spot but sure it could've been worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

What's the verdict on lewa bunny ?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

8 games left till swaps done for Rooney. Can’t wait to be done with squad battles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

How’s base Van Dijk this year?

I have his untradeable and wondering if he’s an improvement over Cozza/Kimpembe with the latest patch.

I’ve come up against him every 2nd game in elite… his dribbling and hold up play is immense. No need to say anything on the finishing, he’ll score from everywhere.

Red picks:

89 Immobile

86 Yedder (Immobile an option also)

84 Witz

No Bruno for me 😢

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Today's toxic rat conceded against me first in a friendly and didnt leave. This doesnt bother me as I need a volley goal anyway so will gladly play on.

Then the rat went 2-1 up and paused it 3 times in a row trying to make me leave. So I left the controller active and went and got a sandwich while the rat played with himself for the remainder having to watch every replay. Petty? Me? Yes 😂

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Got 89 Muller red pick and some 84 fodder whose name I can't remember.

It's annoying how it always seems to group the high rated cards together. I had 87 Robertson in the same pick as Muller, while the other selection was all dross.

Be grateful those of ye who got a half useable pick.

I had the 1:5 and got Handanovic, highest in the next was 84 and the last highest was like an 82 or 81. TOTW pack was 82,79,79 and the packs highest was an 84.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

All non ‘attacker’ picks should be kept until the full TOTY is released is it? Shows how addictive the game is that I’m dying to open my saved packs now

Advertisement