Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dancing With the Stars - Ireland

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭chalkitdown1

That's a bummer! Cathy didn't deserve to be the first to go.

The Giant looked shocked to be going through to next week, as so he should!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,620 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

You'd sort of forget her without meaning to sound mean!

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

I hate to say it but it's the middle aged woman thing......nobody likes us :(

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭Still stihl waters 3

I found cathy very unlikeable

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭Maryanne40

Grainne was safer with John, who is well known. Poor Maurizio only new....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

Well done to Lottie for replacing Jennifer, she's a great orator

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Icsics

I’d love to see the back of Missy….so full of herself for no apparent reason

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

It just shows you, young people of the social media generation vote, especially girls.

Cathy Kelly just isn't on that radar. Bad luck for her, she deserved another crack.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭BabysCoffee

I'm sorry for Cathy and Maurizo. I don't think they deserved to be first to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

I’d completely forgotten about Cathy being there. Had I remember I definitely would have predicted her to get the boot first.

• Registered Users Posts: 421 ✭✭banoffe2

Nina is sound out, she has a great turn of foot on the dancefloor, great stayer and no doubt she will be well able to go the distance all the way to the winners enclosure😀😀

• Registered Users Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭Hippodrome Song Owl

I don't think they watch RTE or care about this at all! I think most voters are middle aged women.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Nina should have to perform dressage some week.

I think Nina is the surprise star turn. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she develops. She seems like someone who will give anything she does her all so great potential to continue improving from an already high base. And she seems a lovely lady!

I feel sorry for Cathy and she was one I was interested in seeing initially, but she was among the worst so probably fair enough really.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,139 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Why do you feel the need to make such comments about women ?

Cathy was far from the worst. She had great timing I thought, definitely had more to give. In fact I preferred her to Grainne.

Nina gets my backing to win, she's an incredibly graceful dancer. While Missy is confident and young I wouldn't hold that against her.... she's a young girl and a great dancer... no need for people to be calling her full of herself. (Begrudgery?) I also love Nicholas Roche, lovely sexy eyes!

I'm calling a female winner again this year (but not Grainne!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,796 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Who on earth was voting for the Giant?

Hes not even so bad that it ends up good or entertaining. Just plain bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Was watching on catch up so I could forward all lotties bits!!!

ah I am really enjoying this! It’s just so pure or something!

and of course my Nicolas did me proud 😍

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

Well then, despite not deserving the total lack of support, Cathy's own demographic did not come out for her. Strange considering they hoover up her novels...

So I think you're wrong.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 86,866 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

There is tension between Jordan and Salome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,673 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Agreed, it's quite obvious. They don't seem to get on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Packrat

Can't stand her. I nearly puked when I turned it on and there she was.

Still living off her Dad's brilliance.

The other one (Can't remember her name) is equally talentless though.

As a total newbie to this show, i thought it was grossly unfair to Cathy Kelly.

That lumbering giant or the other guy with his pizza thing should have gone.

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command”

Fair enough. But the middle aged women I know who are avid watchers and voters didn't particularly like her despite being avid readers. As an almost middle aged woman myself, although not a reader of Cathy Kelly, I will be voting for Nicolas if I get to watch live which isn't often. My many middle aged cousins and friends who lap up the Cathy Kelly novels and always vote, are voting for Ellen, Nina and Aongus.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

Oh really, was there something on the after show with James Patrice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,667 ✭✭✭DebDynamite

My mother sent a few votes Nicholas’ way too. I think he’ll be getting a lot of female support!

I see the consensus on twitter too is that there is tension between them (Salome and Jordan) but I can't say I noticed it myself. I'll have to watch it back!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Delighted to see Cathy Kelly gone. Didn't know who she was pre show but she came across as completely up her own hole. The facial expressions during the dances were like she thought she was sh1t hot.

Then things like "Oh i've always wanted to learn the samba"..."If I didn't do the show I would have taken a tango class"

Really came across as a posh thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Anyone hear the comment Loraine made to Ellen after her performance? "Usually it's the arms and legs that are not there, but tonight your arms and legs were all there!"

🤔

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

People saying Cathy wasn’t the worst dancer and didn’t deserve to go need to realise this is not a dance competition, but essentially a popularity contest - let’s not forget Aidan O’Mahony won season 1 and he wasn’t even in the Top 4 best dancers that year.

The Love Island contestant is going to get votes simply because he was on Love Island. The age cohort that vote for him likely wouldn’t even know who Cathy is - she wouldn’t be on their radar. I know this will be hard for people to believe (lol) but people vote for “eye candy” in these competitions……some women and some men would rather look at Love Island dude v Cathy and that’s the difference. I’m not saying it’s right, but don’t kid yourself thinking this is about dance ability.

Lastly, those of you saying “Loddie” was fantastic must have been watching a different show to me……

Advertisement