Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round Thread

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

35m cap hit, he's staying.

Very poor performance on offense, passing game hasn't been good all season and Henry couldn't rescue them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,258 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Career loss is right.

This was the season that he was supposed to prove he's on the Mount Rushmore of QBs. I believed he'd do it, as did many. But this is devastating for his legacy.

He has no excuse.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭threeball

Packers are getting a padded record by virtue of playing in an extremely weak division. The Bears, Lions and to a lesser extent the Vikings are all gimmes. That's 6 games a season that are virtual guaranteed wins. None of them are pushing for playoff births and the Bears and Lions are contenders for worst team in the entire competition. They end up needing only a handful of other wins to clinch a playoff berth as a result.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 26,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

You could have said the same about the Pats for many, many years (and it would have been even more accurate). Things diverge pretty massively once the playoffs kick in though. GB don't just tend to lose in the playoffs, they do so in embarrassing fashion frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Just seen picture online with only 10 men on the field by the Packers for the winning FG. If that's correct that's really poor coaching especially after a timeout

• Advertisement

The difference is the Pats went out and did the business in the playoffs and the Packers just don't. They're in the playoffs year after year and end up getting knocked out pretty quickly. The reality is they've only won one one divisional championship since Rodgers arrived on the scene. Its not a great record considering the number of times they've been active at the business end of the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Damn it I really wanted to see Rogers vs Brady in the cold of Lambeau field fighting it out for a tkt to Super Bowl. Hate u 49ers horrible defensive team.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,497 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

I thought the standard of football was pretty poor last night on offense for all four teams. Joe Burrow experienced what Andy Dalton did for many years with poor pass protection. Burrow was the star offensive player on the night despite all the sacks he took.

The Bears and the Lions would've given it a great go against the Packers last night.

The Titans loss was all on Tannehill. He was back to his Miami best which was horrific.

I think that 49ers offense would be a nightmare for any QB, poor pass protection and extremely run-centric. The likes of Lamar would do well there I'd imagine but it's not an offense for a pocket passer imo.

Very tough matchup for the Bucs tonight but it all depends on which Stafford turns up I think. This will be a real test for the Bucs offensive line which is probably the best line in the league. They are facing a three time DPOY and another DPOY who is now fully healthy.

I think the Chiefs experience might just be the difference in the other game. Have to say though that the sudden improvement in Devin Singletary has made a huge difference to the Bills offense.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Well you couldn't actually say the same about the Pats because, iirc, their win record against non-AFC East teams was better. They were just a very dominant team. Dunno what the Packers record under Rodgers is like vs NFCN compared to non NFCN teams.

Probably a bit off-topic for this thread but I read over on twitter that the Packers will be about $50mill over the cap for next season as is. I think I also saw that if Rodgers, Adams, Bakhtiari and possibly another player leaves then they'll only free up only $6mill in cap space. Rodgers said after the game last night that he doesn't want to be a part of a rebuild, so he has almost certainly played his last game for Green Bay.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,146 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Looking at the 4th down again, it very much looks like Mitchell made a complete mess of it rather than the play being bad. It looks like it was blocked for him to cut outside and there was potential for a big gain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

0/2 this weekend so may as well keep digging. Concentrating solely on which Qb's are more likely to succumb to the pressures of the games going for the Buccs and the Bills. Could be Allens year to come good.

Stafford turning up so far..

Ya the Buccs really needed to hold him down early and keep the doubts in his head. If the rams build up a head of steam this could be a blow out.

Makings of a classic already

• Registered Users Posts: 18,010 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Kupp with a 70 yard TD on 3rd and 20

Makings of a blow out. I think we going to have to hope the Chiefs and Bills rescue a disappointing playoff weekend.

Tom's mad now

Yes angry Tom.

Just great to see two Qb's standing in the pocket and slugging it out

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

Can't believe bucs doing so bad so far

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

And yet, only a 2 score game. Rams have been so dominant, it feels like they should be ahead by more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

tampa bay like the titans and packers seem to be underperforming. You’d think the home field would help in someway but so far this weekend it’s not helped.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,004 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Rams now up by 17 points nearing the end of the first half.

Opening drives have set the tempo so far, Buccs can only hope for a game of two halves at this stage

Brady picked. And a bad one too. Very unlike him to put it in harm's way like that unnecessarily.

Consistent pass rush pressure even gets to GOATs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Even before the pick I couldn't see a way back for Brady. And yes, I'm aware of his history. There's no time for him in the pocket and the Buccs D is getting torn up. Even just that 3rd and 15 and Kupp nearly getting a first down was pathetic. Buccs just not at the races.

The Buccs D shouldn't be this bad. All he's really missing is a LT.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,226 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

That's surely a fumble.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

Fumble and recovery might help.....hate to see necks compressed at impact...

That's a clear as day fumble.

• Advertisement

Yep fumble

Advertisement