Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2021 NFL Playoffs - Divisional Round Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I'm glad I stayed up

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Should have just squibbed the kickoff and they'd be walking off the field winners now. The touchback was such a stupid thing to do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,129 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

• Registered Users Posts: 6,953 ✭✭✭amacca

Have to feel sorry for Allen if that's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

**** way to lose it for the Bills

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,496 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

We just watched the two best teams in the playoffs.

Moral....never give mahomes and the chiefs a single second more than you absolutely have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

This is the long and short of it. You'd be sick if you were Allen and their whole offense really after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭standardg60

Bills thought they had it won, kicking the restart dead was a huge error.

What a game though

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Mahomes to Kelce is money. What a comeback and win! A fourth successive AFC Championship game at Arrowhead.

(And yes, the OT rules suck)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

I thought they would have changed the OT rules for the playoffs after the Pats Chiefs.. They surely have to now. Allen should've had the chance there.

Some game tho.. I think that was genuinely one of the best games of sport I've ever seen.. Absolutely outrageous.

The QB stat lines for the game are insane, a shame they can never meet in the Super Bowl.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

We just witnessed a QB battle for the ages.. 8 TD's, no picks, both lead their team in rushing and both came up with clutch TD's with the game on the line. Take a bow.

Mahomes threw for 177 yards after the two-minute warning 😂

There was a regular season rams vs chiefs or maybe 49ers game a couple of years back (pre covid when rams were in colliseum and goff was qb that was great craic too....chiefs had a couple of superbly entertaining high scoring games that year too

But as good as they were not quite as good as that......can only imagine the atmosphere if you were in that stadium

• Registered Users Posts: 19,231 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Ruined a bit by the overtime rule. Mahomes is as much a lock in that situation as there can be. They're saying on Sky to play out the period. Maybe reduce it to 10 or even 5 but one TD and go home is a bit bonkers tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,289 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

I believe that is 119 more than Aaron Rodgers threw in the entire 2nd half last night when he choked the game away.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Shuda been a Chiefs vs Packers super bowl. Go Pack go.

Rodgers should've done more of his own research on the 49ers defense.

• Advertisement

Still on a high after winning from this position

It's unbelievable, my heart goes out to the Bills fans and what they went through.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

What a weekend for games.

I had picked the Titans, Packers and Chiefs to win, thought the Rams/Buccs was too close to call.

Cant think of another year where all 4 came down to last-play victories.

I think the Chiefs will definitely beat the Bengals, another high scoring game but not as close as the Bills came.

Rams/9ers will be interesting, Rams look the most complete team but the 9ers offence is built to slow down the pass rush of the Rams...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭McFly85

Shame I couldn’t stay up to watch that! Watching the highlights this morning, it’s an instant classic. One of those games where you don’t want either team to lose.

Feels very harsh to be critical of anything but I’ll never understand why they didn’t squib at the end. Both games today felt like teams had it won with seconds left on the clock and strategy went out the window.

I wonder too if they’ll have another look at the OT format. I think it needs a game like today where it feels like an even harsher way to lose because it was so high quality. 5 min OT might be the way to go.

Anyway I think it’ll be a KC-niners SB with Mahomes picking up his second ring.

The interesting thing will be how the Chiefs weakened secondary handles Chase. Burrow showed in the last game that you can sack him multiple and he'll still beat you with the deep ball.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Yeah, I think there'll still be plenty of points there for Burrow, but I don't think the Bengals D will be able to contain the Chiefs as well and they'll be able to control the game more.

I'm not projecting a blowout by any means, I'm thinking around a 35-28 scoreline without any need for last minute theatrics.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

Exactly as I predicted last night before the game, I said it was the Super Bowl and it certainly was. Only the Packers could have had a chance to beat the winners of Chiefs/Bills. Go Pack Go.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,454 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

The fear for the NFL is if both teams get a possession, both get a touchdown, then we are potentially into never-ending OT.

How about if Team A scores a touchdown in 2 min 12 seconds, that Team B gets the ball with 2.11 on the clock? If Team B score a touchdown they win, otherwise Team A wins. Kinda like 'quickest touchdown wins' with a 1 second advantage for Team A to avoid the chance of a tie, though Team B has the advantage of knowing exactly what they have to do. The same timing to apply if Team A has to settle for a field-goal.

The OT rule comes up all the time. The Chiefs (Clark Hunt) pushed for it to be changed when they lost the AFC Championship game to the Patriots three years ago. The motion was voted down by the other owners, what a shame now!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭McFly85

I was thinking along the lines of essentially TD sudden death but teams have to go for a 2 point conversion if they score.

But you’re probably closer to the solution, I assume a priority is to have the game settled as quickly as possible otherwise it would be havoc for the networks

Advertisement