Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replacing Creda Storage heaters with Acova Oil filled electric heaters

Options
  • 17-01-2022 2:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭

Hello all,

I bought 3 Acova Oil filled electric heaters, 1500 watt and two 1000 watt models to replace the Creda Storage heaters.

The 1500 Watt Acova oil filled heater replaced the TSR24MW Creda storage heater, a 3.36kw unit.

The 1000 watt Acova oil filled heaters replaced the TSR12MW Creda storage heaters, a 1.68kw unit.

It was quite an easy process to hang and install the Acova heaters, as many reviewers said on the screwfix website, however none of the 3 Acova heaters are working and wont even turn on. The old Creda heaters were working, although inefficiently.

When wiring the Acova heaters it stated in the instructions not to connect the black pilot wire of the Acova heater to the earth cable, and I didn't. See pics.

Anyone any ideas before I contact Acova? I doubt all 3 heaters are broken.

Thanks in advance!

MOD NOTE: Moving this to electrical.

Post edited by Wearb on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭Comment_below

Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭ongarite

Did you change the wiring in the fuse board?

Are you wiring them in as direct replacement from storage heaters? If so they may not power on until 11pm tonight when night rate meter rate kicks in.

Hi Thanks for helpful reply.

I am wiring them as a direct replacement from storage heaters.

Here's a link to the oil filled heaters, where one of the reviewers actually say how easy it is to replace!

When you say replacing the wiring in the fuse board, do you mean changing the fuse in order to cope with the lower kwh?

I have a flat rate unit of 16 cent for eletricity for day/night, if this is what you're referring to. However, when the old creda storage heaters were in use the red light on the on switch on the wall socket would come on for a certain time, then switch off, any idea if this is what might be causing an issue and how to change it?

Thanks in advance

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭buzz11

You need an electrician because it appears like your following steps from the internet & don’t really know what your doing… so potentially very dangerous

From your description it Looks like you’ve wired up your new heaters to the storage heating circuit so they will only turn on when the night rate kicks in 12am to 8am. You’ll need an electrician to change this so it’s live all the time.

All done and sorted ! New Oil filled heaters working are a vast improvement

• Advertisement
Advertisement