Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mod with an attitude issue

Options
  • 24-01-2022 10:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I'd like to make a complaint about the Mod Beasty and his/her attitude towards me. S/He seems to have an issue with me, and I have no idea why. I already have a post in the DRP about a thread ban s/he's put me on for literally asking what my infraction was, s/he banned me on the second time of asking and only bothered to answer me after my third time of asking. I still don't believe i'd broken any Mod rules or breached any warnings.

S/He then took a thread I made about law and order in Ireland and merged into the mess that is FF/FG/Greens govt where no-one could see it. I asked why other threads which were literally, specifically in relation to the FF/FG/Greens government weren't merged and was told "And? Your thread was merged. It was my judgement". I can screen shot or copy the Pm's if needed.

There is also a thread on Multiculturalism in Ireland where I've received a warning from him for "back and forth bickering". This bickering consisted of a poster who is constantly trolling, yet getting away with it, Bubblypop, stating that illegal immigrants don't put pressure on social services, public services and the taxpayer. I replied, with links from the MCRI, showing this position to be wrong. Bubblypop replied that of course it cost the taxpayer, but no one knew how much. A complete flip of their starting position and merely looking for a reaction. I stated that the poster had become a parody of themselves. Rather than give the very obvious troll a warning, we both got one.

Beasty seems to have a bee in his bonnet about me and I feel it is causing him to sanction me more than I deserve and to a completely different level to even obvious trolls.

Thanks

Fandymo

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Said mod will allow his beta posters to repeatedly provoke others so that he can hand out bans when people get sick of it and respond in kind, given that all the other mods are abandoning this place like it was a virtual california expect nothing to be done 😂

Looks on the bright side, if you're being banned you're probably doing something right.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

OP. your thread was moved inti the Government thread

The opening paragraph in the opening post:

"Is there anything that the current government couldn't screw up? With the coalition, you'd think we'd have the best and brightest of both parties leading. Instead we have spineless jellyfish and absolutely useless legacy politicians in positions of power."

My view was it was a discussion about the current government and merged it into the relevant thread.

Your DRP is about the pointed warning. Threadbans are not dealt with in the DRP

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies if you do not like your posts attracting mod attention. The solution is very much in your own hands. Quit the trolling, post in a civil manner, if you follow forum and site rules you can avoid all of that.

Beasty isn't a common or garden Moderator.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Currently, there is nothing SF or Labour or any other party can do about law and order in Ireland. Should I have used them in my first sentence and have the thread closed down for being nonsensical? I asked about the current government in the OP, but governments change. Law and Order is not a single, double or triple party issue, any mishmash of parties could be in government next. I explained this to you in DM, yet you just ignored this point, then refused to answer why my thread was merged, when there are other threads that are literally and specifically about FF, FG and the Greens, which you have not merged. Its one rule for some, and another set of rules for others with you.

And my DPR is in the DPR because you told me to take it to DRP. Did you give me incorrect information?

"Beasty January 12

Take it to Dispute Resolution Process. Please post the full PM exchange when you do so"

• Advertisement

You are appealing a pointed warning in the DRP, not the threadban

If you do not wish to appeal the pointed warning you can challenge the thresdban here in Help Desk

And your thread was not closed. It was merged into another relevant thread where the performance of the government is debated

Nope. The title of my DRP is quite literally "Warning and thread ban when warning was queried."

I've bolded the relevant part for you. And from the body of my post " Note that it took 3 requests from me to actually tell me why I had been warned, and banned me before he even had the grace to tell me what "very clear mod instruction" I had ignored, finally coming up with some cockamamey about "repeatedly stating your dislike/hatred of such people" when I had used the nickname only once."

I also, never stated that you closed my thread. Delighted you are showing your true colours in here with your replies. You had literally told me to take my first grievance to DRP.

Could another Mod/CMod have a look at this as I no longer want to deal with the Mod that the complaint is in relation to. I've a feeling they're only looking for a reaction.

Thanks.

I have every right to comment on this thread

And your appeal deals with the pointed sanction alone. That is a site rule

And you wonder why you repeatedly attract mod attention

• Advertisement
Advertisement