Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Google Pixel 6/Pixel 6 Pro

Comments

I've literally never had an issue with the fingerprint scanner, couldn't understand what the furore was about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,371 ✭✭✭banjobongo

anybody finding an issue with the Smart lock feature, I have it set for my home to be a trusted place but very often when I reach out for my phone I have to enter my PIN?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,967 ✭✭✭Liamalone

I've come from a Pixel 3 and I can't fault this phone, tis great.

The free headphones are awesome too, I thought I would sell them unopened but I couldn't resist and wouldn't dream of selling them now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

True, the Pixel 6 hardware is capable of so much more but, for what I use day to day, I can't say that it matters or that I'd notice the difference. Ymmv of course

I believe every 4 hours you have to re-enter your PIN to unlock the device. However, I have noticed recently I appear to be having an issue with the phone not connecting to my watch over Bluetooth and the phone has to be restarted to get it to work properly. I was hoping this would be fixed in the latest update but unfortunately the problem still persists.

How do you file a bug report with Google?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Is the Now Playing icon missing from the lock screen for everyone or is it just me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 513 ✭✭✭MickH503

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,692 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

"But first you'll have to unlock your device."

Smart lock doesn't seem to work right on this phone. Constantly it's locking my phone when I am at home despite the fact that it has my place set up as a trusted place and shouldn't be doing it.

I never had this problem with my OnePlus 8 Pro. Smart lock worked perfectly but with the Pixel 6 Pro, the GPS seems a little less sturdy and accurate than what I had on OnePlus.

It's odd though, as GPS in Google Maps is fine, but when I'm trying to add it to smart lock, it's bouncing around a little bit to the house next door, over the road, the house the other side etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭opus

Yup it's fairly flaky, I've a Garmin watch which is always connected but it still locks. Also have my workplace & home set along with on-body detection but still see the annoying message "phone was manually locked" way too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭micks_address

Android auto all over the shop with my car. Never once had an issue with apple car Play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Ryath

Don't have it in my own car but borrowed my wife's car for an hour yesterday and had no issues with android auto. What cable are you using? Have used some very temperamental ones with it before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,840 ✭✭✭micks_address

Have tried the 'official' cable... but using a shorter one now i got from amazon... experience same with both.. car is vw tiguan 2020... maybe just doesnt play nice with the in car entertainment system

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

I second this view. I am thoroughly enjoying Pixel 6 - be it battery, camera and other features. Fingerprint issue is fully resolved , so is signal. Headphones still mystery, but rem it was free incentive...

Some good news at last. Finally got an update about the headphones. Apparently they are on their way right now. I got both an email and a text from Google.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭baldshin

Have had issues with android auto with a Pixel 3a, 4a and now the 6. Always disconnecting. Hoping to get the wireless Motorola adaptor when it comes out and hopefully that solves it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Ryath

Just got an email from Google support;

Thank you for your help with troubleshooting this issue. The extra information and bug reports you provided helped our engineers find the root cause and implement a fix in the software that started rolling out to phones on January 14th. 

Check for updates by going to Settings > System > System Update to make sure you are on the latest version.  

We would like to give you $100 Google Play Credit to use for your next purchase. Thank you for being a Pixel customer.

Just checked my Playstore payment methods and there's €100 credit there. Valid for one year. Would have preferred Google store credit to get the wireless charger but I'll be able to pay for Google one out of it and the odd in app purchase I make. €100 still a good bit to spend though unless I subscribe to YouTube premium. Probably just buy a few movies.

Was an annoying experience and I'd say it happening over the holidays didn't help with Google's ability to rectify it. Didn't overly affect me as I said I was home on wifi mostly and had an old phone to use. The €100 credit does go some way to compensating, so over all the phone has been a great deal with the Bose 700's.

I actually still need to go back and use the flash tool again as my bootloader is still unlocked and I can't set up Google pay. Missed that step in my rush the day I flashed the November update.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭TheRona

What date were you approved? November 4th for me, still nothing.

Sorry to hear that hope they send your headphones soon, my claim was approved on the 16th of November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Has anyone been able to cast to a lgoled tv?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

For YouTube, Netflix apps etc, yes. But LGs don't have Chromecast built in.

I've a Chromecast plugged in and it works fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Google are taking the piss, my OnePlus could do it, ty wife's Xiaomi could do it. Google are just trying to push to get everyone to buy a Chromecast while phones obviously have it building I to android amd they have the feature turned off for their phones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,175 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Yes. I use an app called allcast but there are many options out there. The TV has Miracast built in, different standard to Chromecast I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 958 ✭✭✭1jcdub

I've a pixel 6 and it casts to the LG TV without issue (no Chromecast). It also casts to my sky q box!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 357 ✭✭pandabat

I also cast to an LG TV. My old OnePlus did also support direct casting (Miracast, I think) but be tbh the experience with that was always iffy. If you can't cast from your app to LG TV (e.g. YouTube) then something is probably wrong network-wise and your phone and tv can't see each other. Make sure the phone is on WiFi and not on any other VPN or LTE/5G. If the problem is just to cast outside of YouTube/etc. then try using something like Bubble uPNP to share/cast stuff like videos on your phone to LG TV. Works perfectly fine for me on Pixel 6.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Movie Maestro

Just picked up a Pixel 6 - Sorta Seafoam, what cases are people using with these? Any recommendations please?

Spigen for me. It's my go to case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,819 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Spigen also. Can be gotten handy enough on the German Amazon.

That's where I bought mine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭madmoe

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Yeah, I got Spigen Rugged Armor from Amazon.de too. I did originally get the official Pixel cover from the Google Store but I prefer the Spigen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭LeeroyJ.

Spigen Liquid Air, usually I like googles cases but the new ones are terrible in my opinion, too soft, so they bend easily, slippery and dont offer a whole lot of protection.

I don't know what is going on with Spigen cases. I have got the Rugged Armor for the last 8 or so phones I've owned for around a tenner on Amazon. Now they seem impossible to get or crazy expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,248 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

I had an Honor 9 a while ago and it was a PITA, freezes or won't connect. I changed to a Moto Zoom after that and it was much more stable, but there's still occasions when it will continuously disconnect every few seconds after it's initially connected, and then eventually it will be solid. I think it's ultimately down to the software implementation on each phone, although you'd think Google would have it right.

I've been contemplating the Motorola MA1 dongle too, just for the convenience of not having to take your phone out every time, but then you lose the charging facility.

They're reasonably on Amazon.de. But you've to pay for shipping

• Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Griffinx

Adverts.ie saturated with QC45s today....wonder why 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭Chibs

My Bose finally shipped today just had a text and email from google. 84 days since approval.

I believe you got approved the same day as me (Nov 4th) which makes it *only* 82 days, but hey, who's counting? 😁 Gives me some hope, I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭mossie

I think mine was approved on the 8th or 9th of November so maybe getting closer so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 346 ✭✭thegolfer

Got mine yesterday, was approved on 25th November!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭mossie

Doesn't seem to follow approval dates at all so🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Anyone else find that the pixel doesn't show you the screen when you're typing. You're typing blind until you swipe back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,213 ✭✭✭Keith186

In general, no. Seems grand most of the time for me. Certain apps like adverts sometime have the send button hidden below the keyboard but it was like that on my last phone too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,275 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Happens on Amazon with me too. Didn't have the issue with the S10

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,537 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

I was just prompted this morning for an update to Android.

This is the first time I've been prompted since the November update last year.

215 MB "Security Patch" update.

Any idea why I'm weeks behind everyone else with these things?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭d0157063

exactly, mine was approved on 12th Nov - still no emails, nothing in spam, no concrete response on calls as well......purely wait and watch.....

on other note - people having wireless charger - how are you finding it - worth 79E to invest ? I am thinking to buy ?

• Advertisement

I don't understand paying that kind of money for a fast wireless charger. I use wireless chargers to slowly charge overnight, or to slowly charge on my desk while I'm working. If I want to fast charge, I plug the phone in to a proper fast charger.

For the same money, you could get two of the official Google wired fast chargers, and a wireless charging stand like this from Amazon. I don't think that particular one can be shipped to Ireland, but you get the idea.

The wireless charger isn't too bad I like one of the features it has where it will turn on the phone screen and create a thought of sunrise alarm before your main alarm goes off. Apparently it is supposed to help you wake up easier. It worked on me this morning, although unfortunately I don't think I will ever be a morning person.

You also get the 30 w fast charger as part of the wireless charger so it's not too bad of a deal. Although I only got it because Google gave me a voucher for their store.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Finally really starting to enjoy this phone, no bugs for over a week now. Still finding the battery to be excellent.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 32 wellysbw

Happened a few times for me a while back. Can't remember which app. WhatsApp I think. Not happened in a while 🤞

I'm still having issues with phone restarting 😡😡😡

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,776 ✭✭✭cython

Still waiting on the headphones myself. Approved on November 11th, checking the claim online the last update date shows as the 25th. Sent an inquiry via contact form earlier this week but no response or further update since then.

• Advertisement
Advertisement