Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shop assistants having no knowledge of Payzone products

• 24-01-2022 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭

I'm almost always met with the pizza ria kid from the Simpsons saying a "I'll have to ask my manager" if I ask about a Payzone product other than phone credit, even when said shop is listed on the Payzone website as doing all products.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,753 ✭✭✭Xterminator

yes obviously the training provided to their min wage shop assistants doesn't cover the plethora of products pay zone offer.

I wouldn't be cross with the shop assistants. If training and documentation are not provided then they have to ask someone more experienced to assist - exactly what they did. Well done shop assistant.

If your going to be annoyed, your beef its with the shop management. Do you know the manager, or if its a chain, you can contact head office and register your frustrations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 807 ✭✭✭CreadanLady

Is payzone still a thing?

The MFV Creadan Lady is a mussel dredger from Dunmore East.

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭Ballycommon Mast

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

What's Payzone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,922 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Exactly. The title should be "manager done a sht job of training staff"

Countries with military conscription have the wrong idea. It should be a mandatory 2 years in a shop or pub for everyone. The general public would be in for a serious wake up call when they saw how the minimum wage staff were treated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

I am a manager of a store with payzone and there is little or no training provided for it by payzone. Some of the categories don't make sense and because it's a high value, low margin product shop owners are scared that any mistake by the operator will be very costly that most of the time staff are told if they are not sure, don't do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,015 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Said website also advertise services that no longer exist, such as 3 money. Whilst a lot of retail outlets still have these terminals it's my experience that most retailers don't offer services beyond phone credit and let's be honest, what motivation is their for retail staff to care about services few people seem to use in stores.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,424 ✭✭✭KaneToad

I've seen the payzone logo in shops but I don't know what it is or does?!?

Basically their terminals allow for phone credit top up, prepay gas/electricity payments, e toll payments , parking payments etc but they've essentially become obsolete as most of these services actually easier to do on direct websites , Payzone also charge retailers commission on each transaction so very little incentive to use them, main use now is phone credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭jucko

i have a convenience store, and this is the reason! payzone provide no training, mistakes can be very costly.. top up a swift card by 300 euro, we make 4 euro, i think.. costs €1.80 to lodge that cash in the bank!!

Have to ask , if I may, are many people using swift cards, I presume with 3 money gone a lot of people looked at the swift card option 🤔

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 937 ✭✭✭swampy353

Not that I have noticed, think lots of people using revolut/n26 or if they want more privacy, paysafe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,247 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

I tried using two payzone outlets today to pay a bill from the payzone baroda on my phone but neither of them worked. It would not scan either time even do it said it should. Surely it can not be that complicated. I gave up a left ot **** it. Whatever happens happens. I know how much I owe but no idea what I done with the paper bill lol and my banking App is just useless so I can not even pay it via the post office online because of how useless the banking app is.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

Advertisement