Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 3 - Read First Post!

Comments

Yeah I broke my phone and need a stop gap. Saw this deal on the Redmi for €70. I suspect I'm far too late to find one in store though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,960 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Oh my God I think this might be my next phone:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

You'll need a fairly large pocket to put that thing into.

Edit..... Only when I watched the video did I realise it's "foldable" 🤣

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,284 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Are the Xiaomi PAYG vodafone phones definitely sim free? Need a phone but no desire to switch ogg my GoMo plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,577 ✭✭✭bassy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Opened my new 10 S today.

Have up trying to get it on Vodafone and bought from amazon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 88 ✭✭Covieland

Great offer on the Xiaomi 11t on Amazon at the minute, 8GB of ram + 256GB storage, 6,67” 120Hz AMOLED flat DotDisplay, MediaTek Dimensity 1200-Ultra, 108MP pro-grade camera, 5000mAh, 67watt fast charge (0%-100% in 37 minutes) Meteorite Gray (global Version + 2 Years Warranty), price is £350

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-11T-Smartphone-DotDisplay-1200-Ultra/dp/B09BNZD779/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3RNW5NGYI54ZO&keywords=xiaomi+11t&qid=1641595588&sprefix=%2Caps%2C34&sr=8-1

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭rafa05

My 3 year old Xiaomi Mi A2 late is nearing the end. Are Xiami still good. What would I be looking to buy now for a similar price or should I spend a bit more?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭smilerf

Should this forum be called Android Phones now as they are all Chinese 🤣🤣🤣

The Xiaomi redmi note 10s is probably what you need, it has 6GB of ram and 128GB of storage, 6.43” AMOLED Display, 64MP Camera, a big 5000mAh battery with 33 watt fast charge 0% to 100% in around an hour, it has a 2 Year Xiaomi Warranty and it is a global version so works with all the Irish networks, it cost £170 currently on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/stores/Xiaomi/page/0A076310-7806-4CAD-8A95-EAB8E38CED8D?ref_=ast_bln

• Advertisement

thanks. Anything cheaper? All I use it for it browsing, gmail, spofity and an odd running app. I don't take photos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

As an alternative to the Redmi Note 10S

Some cheaper (decent) options here too.

TCL 20L €189 + Shipping from Spain

https://www.amazon.es/TCL-20L-256-Smartphone-Snapdragon/dp/B093T8PRG5/

Xiaomi Redmi 10 €159 with code - Free Shipping from Czech Republic (code is A8A39DCB53FA if not on site)

https://www.gshopper.com/ie/product/detail/3000016344

The phone for 159 euro is it unlocked and how long does it roughly take to ship?

Is this phone unlocked too? Looking to buy asap. thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,999 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Yes it is unlocked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Duff

Hey guys,

My near 3 years old Samsung S10+ is on it's last legs so I'm on the look out for a new phone. Have a budget of €500-600. I need good battery life, camera and storage. Is there anything out there that fits the criteria? I was thinking maybe of switching from PAYG to bill pay and getting a Google Pixel 6 Pro, but the reviews online say the battery life is terrible for 5000mah. I also don't really fancy been tied to a 24 month contract..

Cheers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,271 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Post 3016 from covieland looks like it covers alot of what you are looking for, seems very good value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭Duff

Jaysis, that's a lot of phone for the price. The £350 deal seems to be finished though and it seems to be out of stock anyway. Thank you though, I'll keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 694 ✭✭✭POBox19

Keep your PAYG and get a SIM Free phone, you can change to a SIM Free contract later and keep your number anyway. The Xiaomi 11T is currently on Belsimpel SIM Free for €434 for the 128gb and €483 for the 256gb delivered in a few days.

https://www.belsimpel.nl/xiaomi-11t/los-toestel

All would be unlocked. Shipping less than 2 weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭kingstevii

I've a redmi note 10 pro which switches itself off randomly.. Id get up in the morning and find the phone switched off, even though its charged. Anyone have this happen?

It could be the battery or software. I despise MIUI. That's more of a sidenote than anything else, but plenty of bugs in it, so it is possible that might be causing the issue. Try backing up and resetting the phone.

It may also be a specific app, if you go through them deleting one by one to see if it still happens. Maybe any reminder apps or calendar/time related ones first.

You could also try entering #*#64663#*# in the dialler and scrolling all the way down to the battery test and checking it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

My Poco f2 pro has been playing up lately. Weird battery drain that was drawing @ 30% of my battery but not actually being listed as anything more than "other". Couldn't pin down what was causing it.

Eventually reflashed the phone and it lost its storage, issue where storage went to 0. Got that sorted but after flashing it's just looping back to recovery again. Weird form of bootloop where rather than just cycling, it reverts to recovery.

I'll try recover it via fastboot tmrw and miflash if I can get it playing nice with windows 11.

If not? I'll go back to my mi8 while I look for something new.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,696 ✭✭✭corks finest

Any hassle I’ve had with VF( PAYG and broadband)

they will answer u on Twitter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭baldbear

Looking at a Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro. I have a poxy me2you voucher I can use in Currys unlocked (€350) or Tesco prepay(€320) Does anyone know of Tesco has their phones unlocked . I know they say they are locked.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,864 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Perserverance or rather obstinate stubbornness and some advice from Reddit have paid off and I've recovered the F2 Pro.

It was a partition formatting issue that was solved via full format in TWRP.

I have installed TWRP-3.4b-0623 and booted to recovery steps taken are.

Format Data via recovery (typed yes). During this operation warnings that "failed to mount Vendor" and "Failed to mount ODM" partitions.

Then, reboot and transfer image for flash via recovery. This process seems to complete but again the "failed to mount Vendor" and "Failed to mount ODM" partitions are repeated.

However I am delighted, absolutely fúcking delighted to report that the handset boots.

Post edited by banie01 on

• Registered Users Posts: 24 Lapse

Looking to upgrade from Xiaomi mi a1, got a good run from it, any suggestions for what I should move on to next?

The Xiaomi note 11 pro would be what you're after, search AliExpress for "official Xiaomi store" and you'll see they have a sale on the 16th of February for that phone at €308

If you liked the clean os, then stay away from Xiaomi.They have finished their Android One program.

You could probably still get the Mi A3.

There are a few manufacturers that sell phones with stock or near stock, Motorola, Asus, Sony, Nokia and others.

There are loads, but without a budget harder to narrow it down, here are some decent ones.

Most of the Moto range have near stock, the Moto G200 €350 - €400 or the G50/60 €200/€300

Moto G30 - €150 - €200

Nokia also do a lot of near stock/stock - The Nokia X10 €250 - €300 is decent.

The more expensive Asus - The Asus ROG 5 or the Zenfone 8 too - €500 - €700

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Have a Pixel 6, unfortunately it took a smash on the kitchen tiles today, screen is dead. Need something urgently, ideally in next 2 days or so. What's decent on Amazon (or in Argos/etc) for about the €200-250 mark? Ideally with 5G...

Cheers.

Advertisement