Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AddressPal & Lockers - An Post's Parcel Service SEE MOD WARNING FIRST POST

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭TimHorton

Really quick on the US Service - Parcel delivered by Fedex and email from Addresspal 90 mins later and Tracking now shows it Left Polar Express a further 1 hr later, The Item was $129 (Discounted from $199) and they valued it at $25, The same Item here is almost €300 - Another excellent saving on a premium product.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,897 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

On what basis are AP valuing items ? Do they use the invoice, the seller's declaration or do they open the package ?

They open the box and if there is no invoice they just guess - I purchased this from Home Depot on sale for $129 (No Invoice in the Box)- Addresspal valued it at $25 !

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

They have wildly overestimated as well. better to make sure the shipper puts the correct documentation in the box.

No Invoice is working for me, All my US Home Depot orders have been way underestimated and I have saved about 2 grand,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Cost anyway was for a dress marked 70 usd from Korea, Addresspal/AnPost thought it was worth € 47.72

€27.11 to Parcelforce in UK I sent to them myself

€6.59 to use AddressPal

€14.47 Irish customs

Just my experience anyway, thankfully wasn't too bad but stressful figuring out the Parcelforce stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,489 ✭✭✭Masala

Any talks of AddressPal reducting their fees...... €6.50 +€3.50 = €10 fees to deliver from UK is still alot on a <€50 item in UK (and then VAT + DUties on top!). A lot of my purchases are less than €20 so its just unecominical for em to buy in UK any more.

If this fell by half... it be worthwhile for me to come back to buying in UK again!

Til then I just use Amazon ......

Post edited by Masala on

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

I wouldn't hold my breath. They reduced the clearance from €10 to €3.50. I doubt they'd go below €6.50 to fly parcels from the UK, and deliver them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭recipio

Shopping in the UK is dead in the water. I bought a coffee maker last week from Amazon.de and it cost €11 to post over. Still worth it although I forgot about the continental plug. 🙄 Can't wait for the Irish Amazon to open.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Revolut is down for payments since 10:50AM today, had an item try to check-in during this timeframe and its resulted in a failed payment and item put into the dreaded "Passed to Special Area"

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭BArra

Revolut in general, think it might be sorted now though so i am just unlucky that an addresspal item tried to checkin during its down-time of revolut

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Just double checking addresspal is still functional and good to go at present?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,346 ✭✭✭✭blade1

It's functional alright just gone expensive.

Still functional - I use both sides of the Atlantic regularly. If you think they are expensive check out the courier prices ! Its the old story - many retailers are just not willing to post overseas so we are stuck with forwarding agencies like Addresspal. The main problem I found is getting the retailer to enter a complete and accurate address. Send a message with the order stressing this. If the address is faulty Addresspal will hold a package in Limbo until you enquire about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭Sugar_Rush

Last time I got something through address pal it literally took months to process.

Is it still that slow?

In physics we trust....... (as insanely difficult to decipher as it may be)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,965 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Just what we need - even sh1ttier jobs from sh1tty employers, because our own employers aren't quite sh1tty enough.

Not that bad. You can allow about two weeks from the UK and about three from the US. Their weakness is the long numerical address which often goes wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

For me in Dublin, its usually a week to delivery when it arrives in the UK AddressPal and 10-14 days in the US AddressPal.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

Does Addresspal UK not accept deliveries from Royal Mail on Sundays? I got a notification today from Royal Mail to say the location was inaccessible so that must mean the business was closed. Funny operation for a company that's supposed to brr available to collect deliveries which can come any day during the week. How I miss Parcel Motel!

• Advertisement

Of course they should be open 7 days / week. Pop them an email - you might get a response after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭loughrey

So, they got finally able to deliver it Monday,seems the outfit in the UK are closed and don't accept deliveries on Sunday.

Anyway, I was charged excise duty for a keyboard cover coming from the UK. AddressPal valued the item at 7 pounds and adding the 6.50 delivery it comes to under 15 euros. So, Revenue chased me for 3 euros. I don't don't understand why a keyboard protector cover from Amazon would have excise duty but I had always thought that revenue waive fees if they're 3 euros or under? Ultimately, An Post's 3.50 customs processing fee cost me more than what Revenue chased me for. Have never heard of Revenue chase anyone for such a small amount before. Ultimately it does put me off AddressPal UK if you're charged for every little thing well under 20 euros. I've never once been charged customs for anything coming from their American outfit

• Registered Users Posts: 11,986 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Customs charge for everything (outside of items on the VAT-free list like books) from the UK so its not down to Addresspal - there are no waivers anymore. You must be lucky with the US outfit as I've been sent a customs charge for everything since the new customs rules have come in (albeit with Addresspal US sometimes taking wild swings at the declared value - usually in my favour when it does happen)

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭toyotatommy

Is it still €6.50 delivery from uk delivery? Vat at 23% and is there another delivery fee then? Item intending on buying is under €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,419 ✭✭✭AllForIt

New to AP, used to use PM.

The UK depot should have received my package on Wednesday last. I bought on ebay UK but their tracking says it's out for delivery still. Was posted on 3rd May.

Anyway, the question is when the UK address location receives the item, does that show up in your addresspal account as received. PM used to do something like that so you knew it was received by them and on the way?

Also it is liable for a customs charge, how long does that roughly take to be processed?

the first post in the thread should answer most questions. There is a link to their website as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭oreo47

Hi

I am thinking of having my friend in new york ship me send me some dried food products and use addresspal.

However I'm afraid that addresspal with value it very high and I will have to pay a large amount of tax on it.

How are addresspal valuing things and is there an option to fill in the value yourself ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,436 ✭✭✭VG31

I haven't used AddressPal that much but in my experience they've always valued my orders either exactly right or less than the actual price.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Rewired

The US service has been fine with valuations for me; it's the UK side that overstates valuations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 shmvdffy

Hello, did you do this? I got the same message. Not sure what the APW number is either.

Advertisement