Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This week's EV bargain that I'm not buying

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

If you keep flipping Model Ss like you're doing with this one it's a step towards the champagne lifestyle.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,178 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Irelands cheapest electric car today

€4850 for a 9 year old Fluence

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

That car is worth no more than €2.5k-€3k, not showing much market knowledge if you question a Performance Model S in the €30's and then post that

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,989 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Typical Irish notions.

You can buy a number plate for 10 quid in Halfords. This car is absolutely worth mid 30's. It's a performance tesla ffs not a ford focus (or a renault EV with no fast charging!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,809 ✭✭✭Old diesel

Its a bargain in the context of the car it is....

1) an expensive large car when new - and still looks every bit the super expensive car now.

2) high performance machine.

3) fashionable brand

4) if you want a car to match the iconic status of this one combined with modern safety and usability - you will pay more with no guarantee of getting a better car.

5) its had important work done to it like a replacement battery pack from Tesla.

6) for anyone in the know - this car could drive on for years if minded well.

I just can't live with the sheer size of the thing myself. Otherwise I'd be wondering about buying it myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭kanuseeme

He said cheapest car today for sale in Ireland

GLWS Unkel,

I was going to leave it at that, but I honestly think there is better value out there,(other makes newer etc.) if you want a Tesla then that is the price. Not for me.

Brand new model S €90k

Brand new Renault Fluence €40k

Fall in price on Model S after 8 years - 66% - Same price as brand new leaf

Fall in price on Fluence after 9 years 87.5% - Cheaper than 9 year old leaf

Not sure what you're seeing wrong here

• Registered Users Posts: 65,399 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

I said cheapest Tesla for sale in Ireland. Which it is, by several thousand EUR. But I edited that out yesterday, in case it offended anyone.

BTW that Fluence has a battery lease, so you have to pay Renault every month, I think it is something like €89. Great cars though, I can sell you a mint low mileage one that is battery owned for a good price if you are interested...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,329 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

It's a free country for feck sake. Don't want his Tesla, don't buy it.

Fact is that its a reasonable price given the car and the market. If he was trying to flog the Fluence for €37k then I'd understand the outrage.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Kinda shows how second hand prices are going these days

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

I'd actually be interested in your fluence possibly to tide us over until the ampera is fixed (crosses fingers).

What range do you get from it - 22kWh battery right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭sk8board

That tesla was FAAAAR more than €90k when it was new! I know someone who got one back in 2014 and paid about €130k if memory serves, and awkward/expensive to ship at the time too.

its good value now in this market imho, but testament to the screwing that early EV adopters took on buying them new.

Hey man, I was only really posting in jest. As a reply to a poster who seemed pretty ignorant about EVs in general and their second hand values in particular. And I happen to have a Fluence Z.E. as our second car 😁

The car is not really for sale. But anything I have is in principle always for sale, so if you are serious, PM me. The Fluence Z.E. really is a local car only though, perfect for many people as a second car. But it can not fast charge (so driving it from Dublin to Cork will take several days 😂). Range in summer is about 80km, in winter about 60km. And yes underneath it is pretty much just a Nissan Leaf with the same 24kWh battery (22kWh usable - when it was new)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,034 ✭✭✭Casati

Thats some depreciation - i.e. close to 100k in less than 8 years!! Looking at prices online now it would cost €60k for any 2017.

I honestly think versus the price of anything interesting in this crazy market - i.e. petrol V8 or V6's premium cars like S-Class or even A8's, and especially when you take into account the tax and fuel costs of those cars, then the Tesla looks good value in fairness. Its a car with running costs that would be rounding error compared to running an S8 or a 760il.

It is interesting that even 10 year after its launch, I don't think anything can touch the acceleration of that P85 that doesn't cost 80k new.

@casati - the Tesla Model 3 Performance is considerably quicker and I think it still costs a good bit less than €80k. Underrated, superb car that is when using track mode. It kinda made my Porsche irrelevant and a thing of the past that looks good and sounds nice and drives well, has a lot of history and pedigree, but that's about it. It can no longer compete. Same goes for any other performance ICE car. They're part of our past. Not our future.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,830 ✭✭✭Alkers

Ah no worries, I was only interested if you were intending to shift it on at a decent price anyways!

Aware of the lack of fast charging alright but is that range not pretty terrible from 22kWh? We get 40km in winter and 60km in summer from 10.5kWh usable on the ampera (when it works), obviously you'd be a lot more careful approaching the end of battery capacity on the fluence!!

These early Leaf / Fluence batteries suffer pretty bad degradation. But my figures are fairly conservative too. The car is 10 years old, with just 30k miles on it and I guess I could get about 100km out of it in summer with a light foot. Not that I ever need anywhere near that from it. It really is just a local car for us, it barely ever gets used, just the odd time that the Tesla is in use and we need a second car at the same time.

I bought it for my daughters to learn to drive in. It's nice and slow. For an EV 😁

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Not the worst price ever, €65k for a warrantied 2018 100D which has MCU2 upgrade

https://www.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/tesla-model-s-100d-panoramic-roof/30234121

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

That's a well specced car. Has air suspension, MCU and at least EAP if not FSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,379 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Electric motoring for €3k

I think this is one for the EV collectors garage

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

That one, the fluence, and the iOn are really interesting to me. If Meath CC would get their finger out and we had moved house I'd be all over that.

Would look nice parked beside a twizy !

That i-miev is a bargain. Perfect second car / little runaround. For very little money and if it keeps working you will have (near) zero depreciation on it. And get a free €600 charge point installed. This is the cheapest possible total cost of owning a car. Cheaper than if somebody gave you a petrol / diesel car for free.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ltd440

Hmm a perfect car to teach my kids how to drive, I wonder how much it would cost to flatbed that to cork 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 4,539 ✭✭✭eagerv

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I don't care what the market says to be honest. People are off their beans spending that money on a 4 year old car. I know this is the EV forum and it will rub people up the wrong way. It's a 4 year old car with warranty running out or ran out. There's far more value in new EV at that money in order marques and probably arguably better quality. Leave the mad speeds and top tier self drive aside which you'll never use in this country.

I just don't see how it's smart money tbh. Its Tesla inflation prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭PaulJoseph22

That shocking in regards to the deprecation…

Why flatbed? I think these cars can CHAdeMO fast charge, so no problem driving it from Dublin to Cork if you stop I guess 2-3 times to charge

• Advertisement

Why would people not spend 65k on a 4 year old car? Plenty of people do that and always have done. How much do you think a 4 year old top of the range BMW 7-series or Mercedes S-class costs? I'd have one of those over an Audi A6 4 pot tractor diesel brand new, but each to their own 😂

Advertisement