Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Celtic FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 2024/25

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

The more I look back, the more I am angry with the officials. They done sfa to protect Celtic players yesterday and now we see that the SFA dropped Clancy because Rangers complained about him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,774 ✭✭✭eire4

Considering who was on Alloa's sideline not a surprise at all. But once again more "honest mistakes" from the man in the middle this time Don Roberston. How Niang does not get a red card for his tackle on Guchi is crazy. Jota also had a a few shots taken at him when he came on as well. It seems thankfully that Guchi's and Abada's injuries are not too bad. But McGregor's is bad a broken cheekbone that probably needs surgery it looks like. At best we are looking at 2 months for him.

No question it was classic "honest mistake" territory from Roberston yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭dom40

I worry about Wednesday against the diets,I fear more injuries as our players will get the rough treatment from them,Mr Beaton will not see the attempted assaults on our players and will probably book one of ours for the slightest thing.im really worried for Jota and just hope he makes it through this game in one piece.

You have every right to be worried. There has clearly been a significant uptick IMHO of "honest mistakes" against us this season with the number of red card tackles on our players at crazy levels that are not getting punished with red cards.

In the previous away game against the diets which was the league opener we had Halliday's nasty lunge from behind on McGregor that should have been a red in the first half that he got away with plus there was Abada's goal that at the time would have put is up 2-1 that was wrongly disallowed for offside.

ANGE POSTECOGLOU has slammed a the "terrible" tackle on Yosuke Ideguchi which left the midfielder "pretty painful".

The Japanese Celtic star was forced off in the Scottish Cup win over Alloa after a fierce challenge from Mouhamed Niang.

The Wasps youngster, 22, cleared the ball before catching Ideguchi on the ankle. Postecoglou was forced to withdraw Ideguchi from the match and revealed he is still suffering with an injury.

The Celtic boss had suggested it was a minor knock after the match but has since suggested it's a more significant injury.

He told Celtic TV: "Not great. I think I said after the game that it didn't look too serious but I didn't really get a good look at him.

"It was a terrible tackle and one that should've been addressed by the referee on the day. He hasn't come out of it too well and he'll be missing for a little bit."

Postecoglou also insisted more should've been done after the nasty challenge which saw Niang booked by referee Don Robertson.

He added: "He's still pretty painful. Again, I know the kind of character he is so for him to stay down and have come off I knew it was significant.

"I was optimistic it wasn't anything too bad but, as everyone saw from the footage, it was a tackle that should never have happened and should've been addressed on the day."

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭DavidLyons_

RIP Wim.

What a great man and what an impact he had on our club in such a short space of time.

That season and particularly the last day of that season will be remembered by Celtic fans forever.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,322 ✭✭✭RoryMac

RIP Wim

Joined with a near impossible task to stop 10 in a row with Rangers spending massive money to try to achieve it and with the Scottish press out to ridicule him from the start but somehow managed to win the League & League Cup. Legend

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭Brewster

Very sorry to learn of Wim’s sad passing through a text this am. A terrible disease that is impacting more and more families. May he rest in peace. He will rightly be remembered very fondly by all Celtic fans.

A truly good and humble man as well as what amazing gifts he gave us during his one glorious season at Celtic Park.

Massive game for us tonight, going to be a very tough game

Decent strike by Hatate but shocker from Gordon to let that in

• Advertisement

Great cross and finish for no. 2. Good to see Giakoumakis get another goal, hopefully just the start of a run of goals

Hatate goal

GG scores the 2nd

O'Riley has been great so far

• Advertisement

Excellent finish by Giakoumakis. Looks level with the defenders foot to me. Another round of all the 'experts'declaring it was definitely offside!

Get a quick third in this half and make the subs pronto.

One of the best half’s of football we’ve played all season which is really encouraging to see given some of the lads being thrown in at the deep end.

What minute is the penalty or Livi red card due at Ibrox?

Boyce was well off and scores 1-2

Hearts miss a penalty

Very concerning about our 2nd half drop off in games over the last while

By fcuk that was hard won.

Got there in the end but seemed to just go asleep in the 2nd half. Could be a very important win.

Thought Giakoumakis played well, great finish and then worked really hard in the 2nd half when we were under pressure

Finished 2-1

4 points behind going into the weekend

Tynecastle is a whore of a place to go. Some great performances - O’Riley, Giakoumakis, Jota, Juranovic and Hatate.

Bitton showed that he should have been used more in midfield over the years.

Could have been 5 or 6 up before Boyce scored his offside goal (wonder will Neilson mention that).

Someone is getting a hiding off us soon.

great !st half,second half they really started the real dirty stuff on us with the help ofMr Beaton and co,thankfully Jota got out just in time.My nervers are shot just now after that,Christ knows if i will survive next Wednesday.another 3 points anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Great first half then stuttered to a halt in the second half. I know he was missing a few key players and didn’t have great options on the bench but he needed to freshen things up as several players got tired well before the end having put in a big effort in the first half. He’s got to bring subs on quicker just to get fresh legs on as much as anything. Result was everything at the end of the day.

RIP to Wim the Tim as mentioned earlier. What a season that was and what a career he had. He was in the Feyenoord team that won the European Cup beating Celtic in the final in 1970, the first Dutch club to win it and was in the Holland team that brought in total football with Cruyff and managed by Rinus Michels. He brought Larsson to Celtic and had a huge impact and success in that one season 97/98.

Fantastic result for Celtic, coupled with a great first half performance. I think it’s clear that Celtic put in such a huge first half effort, that they can’t keep it up for second half. This has happened on the few occasions I’ve seen them this season, so they definitely need to take advantage whilst on top in first half and use subs wisely. Celtic were absolutely holding on last night, Hearts easily could have got a break from a set piece. Obviously the penalty miss was a huge moment. Couple of very contentious calls last night again, on both sides, which obviously highlights once again the need for VAR. Really enjoyed game though, Hatate(sp?) clearly has some shot on him. Fabulous technique to generate the power he did, while keeping the ball down. Unreal.

Dundee united tomorrow,I hope we score 3 goals in the 1st half and we can sub our main players for the 2nd.i also hope we do not suffer to many more injuries in this game,i will be keeping a close eye on Butcher.

United have just sold their best player (in my opinion), Fuchs, and Big Charlie is out for this too, I believe.

Ought to be a comfortable day. Three points are all that matters and then on to the business of sorting out that uppity shower across the city.

Fuchs was easily their best played the last time they played us at Celtic Park although he should have been sent off in the first half for a horrible tackle. He will definitely be a real loss for them. Their keeper should have been sent off in the second half of the same game for his nasty studs up on Jota outside the box and of course Butcher should have been red carded in the away game for his attempt to break Turnbulls leg. Will be interesting to see if our players get any protection tomorrow considering that is 3 reds they should have had in the previous two games.

With Ross County getting a late equaliser against Rangers, Celtic are 5 points behind so win the next two games and we are top

• Registered Users Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Big game this one now. Nice tribute for Wim there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Please don't waste this chance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Such a disjointed performance

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Great save or bad miss?

Or just down to luck.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Abada 1-0. GET IN

FCUKING YEEEEEES!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Massive goal.

That was a torture to watch. Giakoumakis and O'Riley both missed sitters, I thought we blew the chance

Abada goal

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,068 ✭✭✭DenMan

Huge goal in the title race. Well done Abada. Needed to capitalise on Rangers drawing today ahead of the midweek Old Firm. Only two points in it now. Dundee Utd played very well. Onto Wednesday night now.

massive win for us,well taken goal by Abada just when we looked like dropping the points,Referee a disgrace again with his constant ignoring of the fouls on our players and of course we go down to 10 men ,absolute disgrace of a ref and he is joined by Beaton and Robertson just to name a few.Roll on Wednesday cant wait now.

Fantastic end to game bhoys and girls! Looks like we could have a title battle on our hands for first time in a long long time. I think Celtic certainly have the momentum now! Grinding out wins when not at your best is what wins titles. I said at the start of the season, when many of you were writing the season off, that things can change quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,909 ✭✭✭Coillte_Bhoy

Let down for a ticket for Wednesday night, so on the very off chance any of ye know of a spare going, keep me in mind. if id dont get sorted what ye reckon the chances are off getting one at the ground? My big fear is i dont get one and then its too late to get into a pub to see it. Any advice appreciated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement