Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things dat Trivyully Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP* NEW

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

People that walk around tesco express on the phone with their big mouth on loud speaker. I was in the aisle across from her big mouth and I could still hear how many customers she signed up for Vodafone accounts, Her Q1 targets and frankly, other commercially sensitive details.

Big. Fu#king. Mouth.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Sandz066

Why must everyone do loudspeaker/ video calls these days..

Going down the stairs in Dunnes earlier to do my shopping , woman in front of me mid video call...I really didn't want to be in the background on the video to your mother or wherever.

My housemate has been on loudspeaker/video to her friend for the last hour in the next room. Not only do I have to listen to her but I have to hear all of the other side of the conversation aswell !!

Grrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As I was the closet family member I was asked to drop in some money to a service for one of the family(who is chronically disorganised and lets things like his insurance or day to day meds runout regularly)

I ring the call bell in the fulfilment centre and explain why I'm there, customer service person tells me he is not a client and has registered with a sister company and x is now minding his a/c (he's not as he's been onto this branch that am). Which cause a long roundabout conversation making it hard for me to give them their payment.

Ta enough, but the fact this is done loudly in a public office!!!!!!! bonus ta

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

People cc'ing questions on their section sent in by newly placed students, thus drawing attention to the flaws in the individuals students knowledge and showing the so called grown up as a" hero."

TATATA

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

When your stupid computer decides unilaterally to go through an update despite your having postponed it to the weekend. Now it's taking ages to restart, my tabs have all been closed and I won't remember what all the stuff was. It's like someone throwing out all the post-its on your desk because they were written on and were old so you couldn't possibly have needed them any more. FFS!!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

And I've to pay my rent and the ESB bill and the update is making me waste half of my lunch break.😠😤😡🤬

TA the filter in the hoover. I was half worried I busted it earlier, on account of trying to turn it anti-clockwise to loosen it...don't know who decided to make the threads left handed, or the reasons for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I had something similar happen earlier. I was on a call with a number of people (due to finish at 9.15) and at 9.07 a pop-up asked if I wanted to update now or in 15 minutes. I cleared it without selecting either, but the call overran and I was automatically dumping out by my computer at 9.22.

I think I may have offended the foreign delegation... 😪

Just say "Microsoft!!", it's an international curse word and everybody understands the feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

TA being pushed into making decisions I don't want to make. I've had to change banks, all because of a corporate diktat in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

The lack of wraps in my local Lidl for weeks now. I want a quesadilla, dammit!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Has it been mentioned here about the plastic film that covers ready meals before you put in oven.

It says on them to peel back film cover and place on a tray.

But they are nearly all guilty of this. The bl**dy plastic films rips and tears all over the place while being bound like dental cement to the sides of the container. It usually means 1) strips of plastic being pulled apart from the thing and 2) Plastic all around the edges being left on going in to the oven.

Possibly dangerous if the flimsy pieces of plastic you pull off slip into the food and you bake/ melt it into your food.

They should redesign them so it comes off uniform in one smooth motion.

Anyway, that's my one

• Registered Users Posts: 25,308 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Plans today out the window…. Which isn’t bad as I fancied a lazy day… but it’s been enforced … due to an almost catastrophic culinary disaster at 4.30 am.. ie. someone leaving a pot on, a stew on a slow cook, them going to bed and forgetting about it… I woke at 4.30 AM to the intense smell of sickly burning metal and food that still is lingering everywhere..

one realisation is I need new smoke alarms… I tested them last year or 18 months ago but one thing alarming if you press ‘test’ but another not alarming if there is actual smoke…which there was lots of.

Ughh 3 hours sleep isn’t enough…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,662 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People who send, like, seven or eight one-line WhatsApp messages in a row. Just hit return instead of send and send one big one, ffs.

God, weekend hurry up please ugh

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

The only one to get this right seemingly is the Centra ready made meals, the cover comes of smoothly and in one piece.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

The man who txt me an emoji to thank me for some information I put up on the games group at 5.45 AM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 👿

• Registered Users Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Probably in a different time zone and unaware of the hour you'll get the message. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

If he does it again, he'll get a kicking back to Dundalk!

fûckin plain brainwashed weirdos out there who believe in a position or stance without any corroborating evidence … when they are absolutely proven wrong WITH evidence they try and blame others despite being shown and told 10000 times what the root cause of the issue is, “no cannot be that, if x or y person did…” any excuse so the actual guilty are not guilty… despite the same organisation fûcking them under the bus too….

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭NedsNotDead

@Strumms I'll say one thing Strumms. This thread wouldn't be the same without your daily whinging

I did the worst possible thing. I left the immersion on. Someone ring 999 I'm having palpitations here!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

that sound you just heard was my father spinning in his grave.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,300 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Me in work, before lunch, pretty much surrounded by books cataloguing them as I re-arrange our library.

My Captain Obvious work-mate: "Are you sorting out the library, Castletownman?"

No, I am making a little fort for myself.

Couple of hours later, filling the lift with items that needed to be moved upstairs. I go: "Call the lift there so we can shift these"

"But the lift door is open"

"Yeah", says I, "but it will automatically close when you call it".

"But the door is open so it won't move"

"It will as long as you press the call button", in as calm a voice as possible.

Took him another couple of minutes to realise that he should be helping me move said items from said lift.

😡😡

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Watching a documentary, a woman in texas found out her son was in Spain, she said "my god, isn't that likethe other side of the country"

Bruh

Men's shoes that go clickety clack.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Haha…Thanks, congrats on the rereg ? ;) just kidding of course…

tonights ‘whinge’…

I’ve been a little low on energy and motivation this week… I let the person whom I usually go to the gym with know…. But I get a lecture instead of support and it’s a little fuçkin grating considering they are aware of health issues I’ve been having and how I’ve had to explain it can leave me without reasonable explanation feeling wrecked tired, it’s in every fûcking google search related to the condition if what I say isn’t good enough….. but…

” sure you didn’t do much yesterday, how can you be knackered ? “ is still the response….

“how about you accompany me to my next consultation so you can tell said consultant he’s wrong and to rewrite the centuries old internationally recognised medical books.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah Jayus 7 years ? 😀 . How the hell , ........

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement