Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Book Of Boba Fett - Disney+ (**Spoilers**)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Useless Lump

Is that a reply to my post?

i don’t understand it - I know what game of thrones is but have never seen it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,223 ✭✭✭✭flazio

To be honest, you're better off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,258 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

It's part of the Star Wars universe so if you know those films you'd have a better idea. It isn't very newcomer friendly, at least as far as I'm concerned since it has wee in-jokes and references to the films and other series.

As someone who watches the Star Wars movies and series it's a bit of a slog so I'd say it's harder for someone who isn't familiar with those

okay - I don’t know a Disney owns Star Wars

I thought it belonged to someone else

Wasn’t a fan but I have seen a few of them and this is very different to what I remember

I don’t know what the hard slog is - I quite enjoyed it - but I felt like it was starting in the middle of something

is it set in further in the future then the older series or is it an origin for how it all started?

• Advertisement

Set after Return of the Jedi.

I suppose if you can't be bothered with the films, you might want to watch The Mandalorian on Disney Plus which had the set up for this series.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Thomhic312

Great episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,909 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I hope you're right.

I have heard others describe the episodes so far as great, but they turned out to be very average when I watched them. I guess we all have different tastes, but general overall reviews so far of Boba Fett have not been good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 911 ✭✭✭Flying Abruptly

I second the great episode comment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Enjoyed that but

Not a fan when TV does the spin off type episodes when they go over to the related show but it's got next to nothing to advance this shows story, doubt we'll see the rest of this until next Mando season.

• Advertisement

Well I was kinda right when I said

we'd learn about Jawas next. Furry. 😀

He'll probably be back for the finale. Don't know if we'll see his visit to Grogu at any point. Looked like he was getting chainmail, though it looked like there would've been a lot of that spear left over.

Funny, over in the gaming thread they're talking about Jedi Fallen Order then we get a BD droid in this episode.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭Relikk

The first episode of season 3 of The Mandalorian was pretty good, I guess. A lot of technobabble in there, and Amy Sedaris dialogue. Other than that it was enjoyable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

It was a good episode, though for "The Book of Boba Fett" this was like reading through The Hobbit and finding a chapter from Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers.

My main bone of contention though is that his new ship is a p*ss poor replacement for the Razorcrest, especially as the Razorcrest was his home, and could bring passengers, bounties etc. This looks like it's just something for him to sit in to fly, with a small seat for a droid or Grogu in the back. It's a nice ship design and looks great in flying shots etc, but I don't see how it's supposed to be a replacement for the Razorcrest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So that was an episode of The Mandalorian then and one of the better episodes of that series and it was in another show.

Bryce Dallas Howard has directed this episode, I've enjoyed the other two episodes she directed on The Mandalorian as well.

An episode of the Boba Fett series without Boba Fett in it that focused on totally on another character from another series altogether what they hell were they thinking.

Did they send BDH the wrong script or something?

I kinda worried now that episode 1 of season 3 is going to be the Bike Gang having adventures with Luke and Grogu waving at them at the end to tie the story in.

It was a great episode, of the wrong show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,599 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Disney is trolling people

Great episode, more story, progress and visuals in a single episode while totally showing up how meaningless, cheap and devoid of story the rest of the season is when Boba is in it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

5: Solid Intro! Looking forward to next week.

Wiki saying Filoni co-wrote next weeks episode and directed an episode so .. many next week is when he did both.

Bryce Dallas Howard put in good work here. Her experience from two work on two seasons of The Mandalorian looks like it's been paying off.

As for the story, I'm not exactly sure how useful the Naboo fighter is gonna be for a bounty hunter. What's he gonna do.. shove the bounties into that tiny droid port! 😲 .. although.. 😁

So next week..

Sounds like it's a Grogu episode.. so then maybe also a Luke episode? .. Hrmmm.. Kylo would be something like 4 years old maybe..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,834 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So next weeks epsidoe will be getting the rest of the Magnificent Seven together I'm guessing before the finale and maybe an introduction to the Ahsoka series.

Well the droid port will have plenty of room if he just intends on taking the bounty's heads going forward, unless it's a rancor or something.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Strange episode as it was essentially from another show. I liked it but I did find one bit jarring: one minute Mando says the way of the Mandalorian is loyalty and solidarity, literally seconds later the other fellow wants to have a fight to the death to acquire his weapon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,481 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

They wear buckets on their heads all day…. they are bound to be mental/talk nonsense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,275 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Great episode of the Mandolorian there lol. I like what they have done to that little naboo ship now he should just sell it for a profit as a one off and get himself an upgraded ST-70 or on ST-90 if there is such a thing assault ship to replace the razar crest.

I wonder will there be a Boba Fett episode on the next season of The Mandolorian lol.

Live long and Prosper

Peace and long life.

• Registered Users Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Apothic_Red

Well I loved it.

The muscle has arrived, BDH is a good director.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,111 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Good episode of a different show. Could have cut the A Team montage of them fixing guns to a jeep down to half the time though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,491 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

It shows up the Boba Fett show really, really, badly when the best episode of that show doesn't even feature the main character and is a hell of a lot more entertaining for it.

Jesus H Christ...

I suppose well can just jettison 'The Book of Boba Fett' for the misfire that it is and use BOBF S01E05 as Mando S03E00.

What a mess.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Finally got around to watching Episode 2 and man, what a grind. Dances with Tuskans just ain't vibing with me at all. It's all right like, not offensively bad or anything but its IP is doing a lot of the heavy lifting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Such a good episode that it just highlights how poor TBOBF is. More Mando please! I really enjoyed that. Loved the throwback to the podrace. Love the throwback to the fighter ship, though I agree with the other poster that it's not really practical for living in, sleeping in, or collecting bounties. I also loved the flashback to the attack on Mandalore. The inclusion of the killer bot from Rogue One was cool, and had a very Terminator vibe about it. The Black Saber is class, such a cool visual, and a nice twist on it that it gets heavier so it requires some level of discipline or training to wield it.

Can we just carry on the rest of the series following Mando and leave Boba to a side character in his own show please.

Theory: This absolutely should have been the opening episode to Season 3 of The Mandalorian but Covid restrictions prevented the original Book of Boba Fett story from getting made so the producers shoe horned this story in instead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,134 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I can kinda see why they may have put this episode in TBOBF, if it becomes a plot point about how Mando and Boba are very different types of Mandalorian. They also kind of have to cater to people who might be watching TBOBF but haven't watched The Mandalorian as another Mandalorian and who has a black lightsaber showing up to fight alongside Boba might have been hugely confusing. Though I don't know who would be doing that, even if they're just fans of Boba Fett from the original trilogy they surely would have been watching The Mandalorian anyway or would have watched it when it became known he returned in Season 2, and so would have known the backstory.

Maybe it'll become more apparant why this had to be an episode of TBOBF and couldn't just have been shown in flashback as the first episode of Season 3.

Advertisement