Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's What I Had For Dinner - Part III - Don't quote pics!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 906 ✭✭✭Bassfish

Looking forward to polishing off a beef and red wine casserole made on Tuesday so the flavour will be Incredible later today🤤

• Registered Users Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Homemade pizza cooked in our new oven!

Filo pastry parcels with salmon, leek and cream cheese. Sorry for another oven pic, love being able to see things as they're cooking again 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'm not really sure what to call this. It's a savoury tray bake, broccoli and feta in a chickpea batter. Nameless, but seriously tasty

• Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Pork mince, mushroom and cabbage noodles. Kinda based off that Vietnamese caramelised pork mince thing that we had in some other thread a while back. Bit sweet, but very tasty.

• Advertisement

We had pork mince tonight too actually! It was basically just a stirfry though, with mixed veg, my own stirfry sauce and udon noodles.

I love those caramelised pork bowls, but don't make it in the winter because the fish sauce stinks and it's too cold to keep the windows open 🙈 It'll definitely be on the menu again when the weather starts for warm up though!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,053 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Chicken Korma.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,873 ✭✭✭sporina

that looks and sounds delicious - could you share a recipe please?

@woodchuck looks decadent.. Happy New Oven.. and 1st year of domestic bliss 😍

Post edited by sporina on

Sure thing.

Just added sauteed mushrooms and cabbage, and noodles instead of rice.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Looks amazing and very simple, I definitely have to try this!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Toad in the hole. One of those tasty brown dinners, but look at the rise on me Yorkie 😁

I made hake with a herby, and slightly spicy, panko crumb. Served with roasted butternut squash, broccoli and mashed potatoes.

Thai curry. I may have put too many dried chillies into it, it's packing a punch.

Angus beef burger with steak cut chips

• Administrators Posts: 53,829 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If it ain't packing a punch then it ain't done right.

Thai curry is supposed to blow the head off you. 👌

Fried rice with leftover rice from the curry. Mmmm, msg.

what paste did you use? can't like one I like anywhere - TS use to have one but no more.. not into making my own., have tried a few but they are so salty/oily - yuk

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Chicken curry made last night, very tasty and this was leftovers for today's lunch 😊

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

That looks amazing @miamee

• Advertisement

Kinda made my own. Didn't really make it as a paste, just added ingredients to the pan while cooking.

Shallots, garlic, ginger (had no galangal), fish sauce, lime juice, suigar, chilli flakes, lemongrass, soy, oyster sauce, cumin-coriander-chilli-pepper-spice mix. Would be the general approach. Coconut milk and stock too eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭sammyjo90

Pimped up a frozen pizza with some extra mozzarella, nduja and honey. Sooo good!

Duck breast.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Very random, but very tasty.

A whole bag of baby spinach with silly amounts of garlic, lao gan ma crispy chilli, and Malay Kitchen mother sauce.

Rice and bean salad from Tesco. A few cashews would have worked here, but I was out of them.

Chicken Chow Mein

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Portuguese Chicken with French Potatoes and Coriander Sauce.

Spot the chicken! 😉

Toasted ham sandwiches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,472 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

Didn’t really follow a recipe but what could be called Slow-cooked Chinese Pork Belly with Egg-Fried Rice

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,421 Mod ✭✭✭✭igCorcaigh

Sausage pasta.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

We had roast beef with gravy and all the trimmings, and Mr Mystery Egg made an amazing carrot cake for dessert, black with treacle and topped with lemon cream cheese frosting.

I have no idea why that photo turned upside down.

Advertisement