Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fifa 22 Ultimate Team discussion thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

did the mid or prime icon sbc and lucked out.

Got mid Lahm which is his best card (cdm) and he replaces Keane in midfield.

Keane was fantastic in fairness and played well above his stats.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,175 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Moon

I guess it’s the only chance for some people to play with them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

supposed leak of Varane requirements.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Was struggling to get goals with Kane for the last couple of evenings, despite been on get in behind, he kept dropping back into a false 9 position, so i bought 91 Kluivert, man what a card, it must be the low defensive work rate, but he is a goal machine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

That bit I don’t mind, I just think that a) an 83 squad is a bit pricy for the casual user and b) Mbappe is already available so it should be even cheaper.

Anyone else notice the 11 75-80 players promo pack in the store the past while? 30k is a joke with the market prices this year!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

Same issue with lewa , sold him bought mbappe and ginola much more like it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭Boulders8

Plus you get either Messi’s or Lewandowski’s TOTY as a loan just for choosing either player in the Team objective - don’t even have to play the objectives so everyone can have Mbappe and Messi or Lewandowski TOTYs to try out - save your 83 squad for something else

• Administrators Posts: 54,071 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Ever since the latest patch my Szczesny is absolutely hopeless.

He saved 2 into his own net today, and then failed to collect a trickling shot along the ground, it bounced off him, and when he got up to pick it up he stumbled which pushed the ball onto the post instead and then the opposition had a tap in.

Whatever they have done to goalkeepers is a mess.

Also the Muriel SBC is my biggest regret ever. Absolutely mince.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Those Ligue 1 upgrades are decent. Completed 3 of the premium ones and got IF Yedder, 2x 82 IF and gold Di Maria. Not half bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is there a limit on them? It disappeared for me after doing it twice on the app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,450 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

its a bug...you need to close out the paqe and re-open it... i thought the mid/prime was repeatable and when it didn't show up I just blew 300k on the 85+ packs. I had intended to do it again. Stupid EA..useless gimps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,455 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Nice one, just did a few more. Going to save them for the full TOTY to be out since there's so many PSG players in it that I'm certainly not going to pack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,231 ✭✭✭mutley18

Is Ginola a big upgrade on Neymar folks? Getting near the coins to swap them out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,826 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Yeh if you mean Gold Neymar

Ginola still a Top 10 player in the game probably

yeah he is the strength is very noticeable, he isnt as quick a dribbler but everything else is better.

On an unrelated note Garrincha is deadly.

I’m using that TOTY Mbappe loan card in friendlies and my good, he’s cracked. Like, feels like an actual cheat code. Bangs in goals from absurd distances.

From what I've heard about the other players, they all seem to be cracked!! I was using MBappe and Messi in the Verde objective, it wasn't fair on my opponents 🤣

For the non Utd fans, rumours of Varane coming out shortly and also mid Maldini now.

Who would you pick to do? Mid Maldini is on the market for 1.2 million so could be at least 1million for him and we don't know how much Varane will cost yet.

I'm very tempted to cash in on TOTGS Ronaldo before his 12th man hits packs, and replace him with Lewandowski who I can fit in without chemistry. I reckon there's no point sitting on coins now, since we're only a few weeks off TOTS where they start flinging high end cards at you.

But I feel a stupid loyalty to Ronaldo from a United POV 😂 At the same time, I can see myself struggling without properly upgrading more of my team. I might, for instance, grab Jorginho as well to upgrade my midfield.

• Advertisement

Screw it, I've thrown Ronaldo up.

I loved him, really did. 400 games, about 350 goals. And I can always buy him back if needs be. But I feel I can build a stronger team by investing into three TOTY cards.

Going to aim for this. It's 300k outside my price range currently, but prices should drop once everyone is in packs. Also, Shaw and Varane are placeholders for their respective upcoming cards.

Interested to see how you get on with lewa, I didn't like him

Do you mind if I ask, what style of player are you?

Why I ask is, over on Reddit, I asked if people thought Ronald -> Lew was a good upgrade, and loads of people said Ronaldo is so clunky, and Lew is a way better version of him.

But I also never found Ronaldo "clunky". But I'm also not a mad skillz type of player. With my striker, I basically want them to be fast, strong and bury shots for me. I'm not looking for 5 star skills really. I'm really just after "point and shoot" type of strikers, lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Avon8

In the 11x81 pack! Took Zambrotta from icon swaps who'll have to move onto 7 chem now but still chuffed obviously. He'll probably be rm in my 3-5-2 til year end and should be decent in midfield in any 4 at the back formations. Might play him in midfield throughout Fridays WL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 201 ✭✭Tenks

Was the Best SBC super underpriced or something? I see him almost every game.

I'm not a skiller either, I like direct pacey forwards, my issue with lewa was he played more as a cf for me than a striker, but may just have been me, interested to see how you go with him, stats suggest he should be deadly !

In a really bizarre way I feel my team is now way behind the curve, as I'm having a real miserable time lately. Here's where I am now in-game:

The team still looks very strong so I don't know what has gone wrong. I think I'm getting killed in midfield.

I did the Muriel SBC to replace Politano but Muriel is genuinely rubbish, had to bring Politano back. When I do Kaka, I think I'll put him at CAM and put Di Natale back at ST. Other than this I see no obvious upgrades available to me, other than GK, and I'm not sure I want to spend 100k for at +1 with WW Maignan.

• Moderators Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Lots of people giving out about the latest patch but it has made my life a lot easier! Never bother with rivals much bar the 7 wins but have cruised up to 1932 skill rating whilst battering people all over the place. Very weird. I'm not even a drop back rat or any of that stuff... I promise. 😐️😄 Although I do ball roll scoop all over the gaff!

Got this lad in a milestones pack untradeable, fits in as I run Ligue UN, happy with that !

• Advertisement

Personally speaking, I do every United related SBC that comes out.

checking back, he was about 700k when the SBC dropped, and the SBC cost about 500k. He’s a really fun RW who can work as a striker really easily too. I find he’s ultra silky with the ball, and has an element of that Icon factor where balls deflect nicely for him when people try to tackle him.

Advertisement