Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Russia - threadbanned users in OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Absolutely I'm sure when they have 10 + aircraft carriers sitting off Siberia telling Russia they are there to protect the several million Chinese living and working in Siberia something local Russians are getting spooked about Russia may suddenly want to be everyones friend again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,432 ✭✭✭MFPM

Tell that to a million dead Iraqis, thousands of dead Afghans, the children hit by endless drone strikes, the Yemeni innocents, the slaughtered Palestinians, the Cubans and Venezuelans crucified by sanctions because governments won't cow tow to US imperial interests...but pull the ladder up Jack because you're OK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

By the looks of it Russia is gearing up for war

How many Russians and eastern Europeans were disappeared during the cold war , millions .

How many afghans were killed when Russia invaded afghanistan massacred the then government , chemical weapons attacks purposely bombing civilian infrastructures during a scorched earth policy.

America bad , Russia good yada yada yada

• Speaking of being misled...

Iran? The same Iran that helped defeat ISIS and hasn't invaded anyone since the 1850s?

• Advertisement

It's stunning how many like you here are utterly ignorant to the actual world situation. The US have enjoyed near total political, military and economic hegemony since the collapse of stalinism but that unipolar world is now being turned on its head by the rise of China in particular and to a lesser extent Russia and India. This is a critical factor for the expansion of NATO which is at the heart of the Ukraine crisis and the constant chastising of China. It's about the US acknowledging the rise of these states but they want to keep them in check hence the constant stoking of tensions. It's a case of the US saying do as we say not as we do.....As I've said rank hypocrisy by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭SaoPaulo41

It's all bluff, threats of sanctions on Putin,will soften his cough. A deal will be done he will back down .His state media will say he won.

The same Iran claiming the Iraqi elections were fixed because no Iranian proxies got elected ,

Wait until the Iranian militias are asked to leave Iraq , that's going to get messy

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭TheTruth89

Will i give a shout to the  2,000,000 Afghans killed by the soviets while im at it? what about the 1000's of Chechens killed? mostly civilians by the way!

Your coddin yourself if you think your Russian/Chinese lead Utopia would be better... Be thankful that you are in the west and living free and comfortable because of the balance the US power provides. Its far better to be the hammer than the nail and there is always going to be a hammer and a nail dont cod yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭Freight bandit

The same Iran that's been weeks/months/years/days away from the bomb since way back when....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭cheezums

I mean they are both awful in different ways. I don't think anyone here claimed the US is some paragon of virtue. But at least the US isn't trying to take over a country cause they're butthurt over how **** went down 30 years ago.

The irony of that as your sat here reaping the benefits of the US domination that you claim is so evil... My heart bleeds for china and they going around putting Uyghurs into "Re-Education Camps" any one that opposes em does a Houdini and disappears. The doctors that blew the whistle on Covid-19 just Puff gone! And you turn around then and lecture everyone else about being hypocritical?

Who in there right mind would want to see a regime like that prosper ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,515 ✭✭✭brickster69

Russia not satisfied with the US proposals. That did not take long

“The earth is littered with the ruins of empires that believed they were eternal.”

- Camille Paglia

Partners including china -

China are not your partner vladi

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭animalinside

First of all, you have a stupid name. Everyone is trying to find "the truth". Why do you decide to call yourself "the truth"? What purpose is that supposed to have, are we supposed to say you must be saying "the truth" just because of your name?

Secondly, we're talking about Russia, not China. They are extremely different countries. You seem to be conflating the two. Russia and the US have similar levels of freedom while China are off the scales which you competently gave examples of. I'm not sure why you're trying to lump Russia in along with China though and treating the US as a good guy of some sort.

Do we have any hse psychologists available to do some prescriptions ....

New tactics if you can't get attention throw a tantrum.

Very childish at this hour of the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭BurgerFace

Here's EXACTLY what's going to happen.

Russia will do nothing. NATO will look at each other and start saying "fuck"...what do we do now? The media will continue to fart about the Russian "threat" and eventually it will all die down. And Russia will just sit there and say "such ****"

Blinken and Stoltenberg are already sweating trying to save face for a stupid imbroglio that they invented. It's pretty funny.

There will be a diplomatic solution and the Russians will agree saying "oh just go back to your people and claim that you won some kind of concession, we don't care. If saving face in the light of your own stupidity is important then we will let you have that.....5% more on the gas."

• Advertisement

What has my username got to do with anything at all? why do you call yourself "Animalinside" go on enlighten us im guessing you attach background story to usernames since you are questioning mine.

If you kept up with the chat you would see china was brought into the discussion as was Afghanistan and other places.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,270 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

From the Irish point of view..

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/politics/simon-coveney-criticises-meeting-between-new-defence-forces-chief-of-staff-and-russian-ambassador-41282029.html

Lieutenant General Seán Clancy’s meeting with Yury Filatov last Friday. Not sanctioned by the government…. So the newly appointed head of the Irish defence forces judgement is so fûcking askew that he is rocking up for meetings with Russian political figures in Dublin and not even thinking that it is a good idea to lift the phone to his boss and say… “ hey, is this a good idea ? “ but instead the government find out about his meeting on the Russian Embassy Twitter ffs…where

I mean that’s worrying, I’d basically fire his arse and discredit him publicly to the point he wouldn’t even get a job washing ducks for a living…

• Registered Users Posts: 9,381 ✭✭✭Yurt2

The red brick building looks like DF HQ in McKee Barracks, so it seems like the Russian Ambassador and Russian Defence attache went to him.

In fairness, courtesy calls from diplomats to there wouldn't be entirely unusual, but the timing was probably quite deliberate and unfortunate for him - allowing himself to be photographed smiling displayed a severe lack of judgment though.

The very public rap on the knuckles from Coveney will sting.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,270 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

They went, on the back of an invitation that shouldn’t have been issued… and our thanks ?… The Russian embassy Twitter not doing his or irelands cause any good…”as well as prospects of contacts between armed forces of two countries.”.. that’s more damming than any photos…

We were being had, being used on our own doorstep…id say that’s a bit of an OG by us as far as the Americans would see it… there won’t be anything publicly but I’d say somebody from the American side would have put in a call to their opposite number here…

the head of our defense forces scheduling meetings with Russian diplomats unbeknownst to our own and his government ? Total naivety , the responsibility and importance of the roll to have somebody of that responsibility make a decision like that is worrying… it would be diplomatic suicide to sack the man but he should be ‘retired’ in a year…

You seem to be deliberately missing reading my posts or you're simply obtuse. I have made no defence of Russia or praised Putin. I have done two things, 1, rubbished any suggestion of an invasion of Ukraine by Russia and 2, pointed out accurately the rank hypocrisy of US imperialism and their lackeys. You on the other hand seem to take no issue whatsoever with the rotten role of US imperialism and the destruction it wreaks around the globe.

Like your mate gatling you seem to be deliberately musseeading my posts or are simply obtuse. I'm not defending anyone, I'm pointing out the hypocrisy of US imperialism and their lackeys, they wreak destruction at will yet claim to stand for demo6and human rights, you seem to take no issue with that hypocrisy and are happy to run along with it.

If you read the other posts you'll mote there is ample defense if US imperialism. The US is still punishing Cuba for a revolution in 1959 that ousted a dictator they were happy with, so I wouldn't be jumping to their defense too quickly as you've just done!

And again with your lies. Now show me one post were I defended China or ant practice by them? Though I note you didn't mention Gitmo, still going strong after 20 years - you seem to have do issue with the US and it'spoor record on human rights....we can do this all day!

Bit like the US and every election in Latin America where their lackeys don't win!

• Advertisement

It is possible to despise BOTH the Russian MIC (2nd biggest in the world) AND the U.S. MIC (#1).. and the beligerence of both countries whn it suits them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement