Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone for ~250

Options
  • 29-02-2016 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Looking for a new phone for 250 euro, needs a good camera and storage
    Main phone i was looking at was the oneplus x, seen people saying there is a lot of issues and bugs with the os. Could anyone give me a recommendation on what phone to get?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

Ciandoyle wrote: »
    Looking for a new phone for 250 euro, needs a good camera and storage
    Main phone i was looking at was the oneplus x, seen people saying there is a lot of issues and bugs with the os. Could anyone give me a recommendation on what phone to get?

My wife and a friend both have OnePlus x and have zero issues. You're looking at the support thread in the support forum, of course there's issues there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Ciandoyle

My wife and a friend both have OnePlus x and have zero issues. You're looking at the support thread in the support forum, of course there's issues there.

Just seen the xaoimi mi5 was released yesterday In China and should be released soon in Europe, looks way way better than the oneplus x for a similar price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Just seen the xaoimi mi5 was released yesterday In China and should be released soon in Europe, looks way way better than the oneplus x for a similar price?

Yep the mi5 looking like a fantastic phone for the money.
    Don't get the cheapest one though as that has less features (can't remember exactly what).

Also no sd card slot so keep that in mind.

Camera is meant to be good and it has a 4 axis optic image stabiliser (eg iphone only has 3).

I don't think there's any official word on a European release though so you could be looking at an import. Make sure you check the LTE bands on the spefific phone you're buying to see which operator the 4G will work with.

biebiebie wrote: »
    Yep the mi5 looking like a fantastic phone for the money.
    Don't get the cheapest one though as that has less features (can't remember exactly what).

Also no sd card slot so keep that in mind.

Camera is meant to be good and it has a 4 axis optic image stabiliser (eg iphone only has 3).

I don't think there's any official word on a European release though so you could be looking at an import. Make sure you check the LTE bands on the spefific phone you're buying to see which operator the 4G will work with.
    The 4g partially works in Ireland, that doesn't really bother me I don't use it very often
    Any idea I would have to pay import duty on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

The 4g partially works in Ireland, that doesn't really bother me I don't use it very often
    Any idea I would have to pay import duty on it?

If its sold from outside europe yes. If it comes via an post not all items get checked for VAT/Duty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Some places have "European warehouses" so duty isn't due, although you'll pay more for that privilege.

Buying it off gizchina is 399$ but they have an eu warehouse so would that work out cheaper than the 370$ + import duty and taxes one?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

So difficult to get a phone that cheap these days!

You can get much better phones that cheap these days, e.g. the Poco X3 Pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,967 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You can get a decent phone for that money. But that was 2016 so specs will have changed !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Conversations 3

Anyone recommend a phone around this price.

AliExpress maybe?

Advertisement