Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Biden Presidency thread *Please read OP - Threadbanned Users Added 4/5/21*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭arthursway

I suspected as such, nothing like democrat hypocrisy 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 16,602 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

But some of the people now saying you can't read anything into approval ratings were reading things into them then.

And some of the people now saying you can read things into approval rating polls were saying you couldn't read anything into them back then (albeit, now they often with a brand new username).

We've all seen this play out on boards day after day, year after year. Why deny it happens?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

This is not the Trump thread, posts about Trump don't belong here. Thanks

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Tell that to the people who keep saying Trump will win the election in this very thread.

Wait, you won’t.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Nothing like a Supreme Court nomination saga to get the media excited in America.

Difficult to see if the public will fall for it this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭Cody montana

You don’t even know who’s running!

The election is years away.

This is a pointless discussion.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,560 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

If you want to be a mod, just DM Beasty or Niamh.

The post was about the pointlessness of polls btw.

Are the left trying to cancel polls now? 😀

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I don't think anyone is trying to cancel polls however they are trying to point out a number of key points

Firstly - It's almost 3 years until the next election for President so whilst current polls are interesting (and pertinent in terms of very early trending for the mid-terms) right now they tell us absolutely nothing about an election that far away.

Secondly , and this is the point you have been studiously ignoring for quite a while - A poor poll result for Biden does not equate to "Trump being a shoo-in for 2024" or anything even remotely close to that.

And finally Thirdly , again this far out none of us can be truly certain if either man will even be running in 2024 let alone winning or losing, for a whole host of reasons.

By all means continue to discuss Biden current poor polling numbers as it pertains to his Presidency , but equating them to meaning anything for Donald Trump is both pointless and fundamentally incorrect.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,370 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The mention of polls is meant to do nothing but try and get people who support biden annoyed.

There is little to no discussion of policy. There is no engagement as soon as opinions are countered with fact.

Everything is merely posted for a reaction.

• Advertisement

The US economy grew at 5.7% in 2021, the fastest rate since the Reagan administration (1984)

Also, US economy grew at an annualized rate of 6.9% in the final quarter of 2021, the Bureau of Economic Analysis reported Thursday.

But Joe is destroying everything???

I was just poking fun, I understand what your saying completely no one knows what is going to happen in the future but I feel your overestimating the loyalty of swing voters in swing states in particular.

Who knows what the future holds.

Polls can't be completely dismissed they give an indication of how the American public feel and their opinion, and the American publics opinion carries alot more weight than any of our opinions in this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

And about time too.

Heads will explode and the "iDenTity pOlitIcs" crew will be out in force 😂

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

Wise move by Joseph.

Bidens approval among Black Americans:

April 2021: 83%

January 2022: 64%

Not a demographic the Democrats can afford to lose points with.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

You mean the election where he'll presumably run against one Joe Biden, the incumbent president and the subject of this thread?

There's your clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

'Presumably' being the key word there. Nobody knows who is running. All the pro-Trump heads are the ones bringing that up.

I assume you don't need to be told what 'presumably' means considering you're a super-duper mod and all that.

• Advertisement

Yeah, but it might push out Clarence Thomas.

Wishful thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Disagree. The other Republican options have no chance of winning nationally. They know that hence why they continue to appease Trump at every turn.

Trump as bad as he is is their only option right now

• Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Lot can happen with midterms etc, but if its as bad as predicted then its going to be very hard for Biden to beat a non Trump candidate.

RDS who is clear 2nd fav with the bookies would be solid fav v Biden and especially vs Harris.

I'd only give Biden/Harris a chance against Trump, Pence and possibly Pompeo.

Their is a reason why the media who for the most part aligned with the Democrat party won't shut about Trump, they want him back as he is the only candidate who can unite all elements of the Democrats when it comes to 2024.

they/them/theirs

• Registered Users Posts: 16,803 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

regardless of how biden does in the next 3 years, or if he runs for reelection in 2024, i dont think the GOP should allow trump to be their nominee in 2024.

i was a big a fan if his (and equally anti biden), but i think its time for him to move on.

i put money on RDS being the republican nominee and the next president at about 5/1 and 25/1 (dont remember the exact odds), maybe 18 months ago. from the media exposure he has garnered over the florida vs biden debate on covid/vaccines i think he is a shoo in if trump doesn't run. he is very impressive dealing with the media.

and even if trump wants to run, i think too many independents will have forgotten about him in 2.5 years that the GOP should tell him to step away.

The problem with Trump and the GOP is that if he's told not to run, then he'll possibly just set up his own party which will take voters off the GOP in the Presidential, Senate and House elections.

He has the GOP by the balls, and Trump has shown that he cares only for the interests of Trump. If he believes the GOP are f*cking him over then he'll do whatever it takes to get his own back.

If the GOP tells him to step aside, they will do so with the knowledge that they will likely take a battering for an election cycle or two and I just can't see them doing that.

Trump has to be the one to decide he's not running in 2024 if the GOP want any chance to keep his base.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,393 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Sure, he could but it would be an insane thing to do, given his lack of popularity and midterms coming up....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,350 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Dos Santos has absolutely no chance of winning nationally, none, zero, zip. The dude is an absolute slimeball and unlike Trump doesn't have the charm to cover it. He is hated by half the people in Florida and pretty much unknown outside the state so yeah no chance. He is basically the Ted Cruz of this election.

The reason the media want Trump to run is because the dude is ratings, that's all they care about. They would be happy to see the world burn as long as they are on top of the ratings chart weekly...

• Registered Users Posts: 21,560 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Would be delighted to see Stacey Adams appointed to the SC.

Black, female, law degree, experienced attorney. And an absolute pillar of what society needs.

Her eyes are obviously focused elsewhere, and that aside, I don't know if having run for a particular party excludes someone from consideration.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,072 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Who knows.

RDS does seem to appeal to a lot on the right, the establishment GOP love him and he is one of the few GOP newer figures who the Trump base seem to really like. Guys like Hawley, Pompeo and Cruz have worked so hard to attract that base and have failed miserably, their is some political skill in that.

On his popularity in Florida , yeah he's clearly decided in last few months that 2022 is a done deal so focus more on the GOP base needed for a primary.

Luckily for him his rivals are Crist who nobody in Dems circles is excited about and a lass who seems more intent on getting twitter likes than been a serious politician (Fried).

November will tell us a lot, he should be winning that election comfortably if anyway serious about 2024. Maybe if Rubio runs the score up on the much more impressive Val Demmigs (compared to the clowns that RDS is facing) then he could be a runner.

On Trump totally agree and its sickening, ignore all their grandstanding to quote Bill Burr they want Darth Vader back because he makes them relevant and a lot of money.

I can't recall which Never Trumper (wilson one of that ilk) who recently said he wanted Trump to be the GOP candidate in 2024 because he would be easiest for Biden to beat,,,but then you look at the rest of his timeline and he discuses how close America was to disaster with how narrow the margin was in the battleground states regarding Trump.

You can't with a straight face say " we barely defeated the most dangerous and reckless president of our lifetime" and then 2 minutes later say "please come back as we think you are easy to beat" these people aren't serious whatsoever.

Advertisement