Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Apprentice 2022

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Still Ill

That was a bad decision by Sugar for the second week running.. Made no sense at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Neewollah

2 terrible firings from the Sugar Monster. Thought Conor had a bit about him and could have gone far in it. Definitely in the top 2 or 3 on the mens side anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 835 ✭✭✭Deregos.

Two weeks . . Two turds.

Pictures of your own bad parking WITH CHAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yep. Awful decision again. Conor wasn't great but Aaron was the drizzling shïts. The product design was abysmal and his pitching was rubbish.

Always leads me back to thinking that the business plans that he scans over come into play too in his decision making.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭McFly85

“I hate everything about your product”

”Ok then we can change the whole thing”

”Great I’ll take 10000”

The whole episode was a joke, really.

The girls got the brief wrong, said they could change it and got a rake of orders. What was the point of doing the whole thing then?

The boys designed sh*t on a stick but it was the non gender neutral app that foiled them apparently. I can’t believe any actual retailer would even care that much about the app. If they had a good looking product on the shelf then anything else is a bonus.

I still enjoy the apprentice but every year it feel a bit less authentic(more and more contestants are in it for the exposure and it feels like they know the business plans they want at the very start).

Ah well, there’s still plenty of them in there I can’t wait to see completely balls things up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Yeah I thought the ordering was nonsense. I suppose they do it like it’s a score but they wouldn’t have bought either product in the real world.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

Aaron should have been fired, Conor was probably fired because he deviated from the instruction to keep it gender neutral and he said he had app experience but the app they produced was rubbish, as well as a stupid name Wiffy.

I was almost expecting them both to be fired.

How nobody said the wand looked like a turd and nobody said Wiffy is a stupid name, they are morons or else they were setting traps.

he said a few times something about the grip being personalised or something and it sounded like he meant fitted for the individual hand when he meant it was formed for fingers. It was also the widest wand I’ve ever seen, maybe it was hagrids.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭Still Ill

I hope that we're not in for an entire season of them pitching to 'judges' due to Covid. The best tasks are generally when they're out in the wild selling to the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,105 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I will be wearing my sunglasses when I watch it next week. Way too many over-white teeth amongst the remaining contestants.

Their teeth seem to be the only outstanding thing about most of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭B2021M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

What exactly is a gender neutral wizard ? ..........and while we're at it a gender neutral toothbrush?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,824 ✭✭✭Jump_In_Jack

I think the wizard app should have just been a wand character, nobody holding it, that would have removed the gender.

Like the women’s team went with a tooth character to avoid gender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Its funny how the morning phone call tells them to be ready in 20 mins, how on earth do they get all dolled up in that length of time.

The women all seem to win the task in the first two episodes and then he mixes them up in the third one.

The American seems to be the most capable I think at this stage in the show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭Niall_76

Would a unisex character waving a turd have been any better than a male wizard? The PM should’ve gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Always thought the same. Wake up, have a whizz, put on a few rags, make/drink coffee, visit toilet again, have breakie, shower, dress, (hair/make-up) in 20 mins? Nah.

"The cars will be outside in 20 minutes"

"That's grand. We'll be out in about an hour, bye"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,544 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

I personally had no issue with Conor getting fired. The brief was to keep it gender-neutral, he didn't and was rightly fired. Yes the product was gonna be shíte anyway, but maybe had it not been so limiting then it may have stood a greater chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭AllForIt

The look of the mens toothbrush was totally turd. That's two turds in a row. With Irish Conor gone we might not get a turd turd.

I think Arron should have been fired though. I think the only thing he was good at was being argumentative in the board room when he was fighting his case. Maybe that's why he didn't get fired as perhaps that's a good quality from Sugars point of view.

I sense it might be a female winner this year as noone at all stands out on the mens side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

I reckon they could flog them to 3-5 year age bracket easy enough, although not the intended market.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,214 ✭✭✭Xander10

They are picked on potential TV value for viewers, nothing else and kept and booted out accordingly. Personally, I didn't warm to the Irish guy, so not too disappointed to see him go.

As we all know Twitter is generally a cesspit, however there's usually some funny stuff during The Apprentice. Here's some of my favourites from this week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,164 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Was the Irish guy wearing fake glasses? Looked horrendous.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

I wonder do these orders for 10000 tooth brushes ever actually happen or does the company just tell them that on the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 956 ✭✭✭GAAcailin

Think the only times he had the glasses on were the boardroom scenes, trying to look intelligent maybe?!

Thought the girls were very dismissive of Shama. She (Shama) seemed to have her head screwed on, mightn’t have been ‘cool’ enough for that girl gang….

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

The lads were brutal again this week. I think it was a bir harsh on Conor, the team leader and that other guy who brought in (the stats....lol) were both dreadful. I did find it enjoyable how dismissive the kids were of the lads product.

The girls team were not much better. Their app didn't make a tap of sense, at least the lads one encouraged the kids to brush the right part of their mouth for the right amount of time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,357 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Yeah she seemed clued in, with her background she definitely should have had a bigger say in that task but was sidelined a bit I thought.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,518 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I found this task a bit strange.

From the initial brief it seemed to be a task to design something 'worthy' that would encourage children to brush their teeth properly. I expected that the 'industry experts' to be pitched at might include people from Colgate or some other toothbrush manufacturer, or the British Dental Council (whatever it's called).

But ultimately the actual quality of the product seemed to matter nothing - it just came down to how many units it might theoretically sell according to Superdrug. Which is fine and is arguably the basic concept of the show and perfectly OK for most items, but I'm not sure that it's a fair way to gauge it when it's a medical item.

The boys toothbrush (amongst it's many other flaws) got criticised for having an app with a 2-minute video where the wizard is painstakingly going along tooth by tooth telling the kid to keep brushing. This seemed perfectly sensible to me, but the Superdrug rep made it clear that two minutes of tooth-brushing is too much.

Probably not making myself clear really. Maybe akin to a 'design a buggy' task and the one with no handbrake wins because it's a nicer colour.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,617 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think the whole format of The Apprentice is extremely bonky when you break it down.

At the end it'll all come down to a business plan but its 12ish weeks of selling toothbrushes, organising tours and creating television ads to make it entertaining.

Don't get me wrong, I completely agree with you. It was all about worthiness of the product and then the decision on purchases was made by retailers looking at a bottom line rather than what the brief was.

The boys team got the brief where the girls team did absolutely nothing educational and rammed their pitches full of "yeah, you tell us what you want" which in the real world, would have them thrown out. Can't blame Superdrug for placing 10,000 orders of a toothbrush that sounds like they'll get to design themselves 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Think it's always just a dummy run so to speak.......I mean they're never going to fulfil an order of making 10,000 toothbrushes or whatever it is in the task they're doing

the companies clearly know they're on the apprentice and only acting as 'judges'

The Business plan has to be critical to whether a candidate remains in the process. Both Harry and Conor had business plans that I don't think Lord Sugar would buy into. Harrys was a bath bomb business and Conor a mobile drinks (bar) plan. would seem like Sugar would not have wanted to invest in either

Just read in the DM that Shama has quit the process due to medical issues; will be aired this week. Pity - thought she seemed like a nice person with a bit of common sense. She didn't really get a chance..

Sophie's an awful wagon, don't know how she got out of that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Only for the two guys in with her being useless Lord Sugar would have fired her. He didn't seem impressed with her in the boardroom.

Ah she should have got the bullet tonight she was all over the place and caught out lying.

im struggling to tell a few of the girls apart, I’m awful with names but my wife said a few things tonight and I kept saying which ones that and she had to point them out and I’d then immediately mistake them for another one.

said after the first task the tall white lad seemed clued in, I think he’s a smart enough cookie playing the game well, he asked early on about other ingredients going in and he doesn’t seem to get too caught up in the slanging.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,611 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Yeah, tall blonde guy looks pretty decent so far. He actually spoke sense and wasn't being dramatic.

• Advertisement

Another wrong decision from Sugar. Sophie was an awful PM and was essentially making up stuff about the other lads. Maybe it was tactical on her part as the first losing female PM to bring back the people who have never won a task.

It was the best task so far though. Apart from the actual drink, the marketing around V0dify was pretty good, best team won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,489 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Yeah I thought the V0dify marketing was good too.

I would have sacked Navid too though and given Sophie another chance, as is what happened. I thought Navid way out of his depth, I don't even know how he ever thought he was cut out for The Apprentice at all. A little bit delusional about himself maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭bogmanfan

^^^^ "A little bit delusional about himself maybe."

This describes every single contestant in the history of the show. And it's been all the better for it.

Anyone preoared to make an early prediction on who the winner might be?

They all seem to be a hopeless bunch so far but I suppose its early days.

I think the tall blonde fella. Don’t know the names. He hasn’t done much but I noticed him a couple of times saying something smart or on the money. Although it’s a lottery and the business plan is too big a thing.

alex is his name I just heard it and he’s captain this week so I’ll quickly be shown up to be wrong.

I think this is going very badly for my prediction above. Very bad indeed.

• Advertisement

Well I really showed up my psychic skills.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,699 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Alex really ballsed up there but Ache was also lucky not to go, suprised he didnt fire both of them given the shambles that it was.

I enjoyed that episode much more that the first two, its a much better program when they are out and about in public doing a task rather than the other type of produce a product, ad and pitch it to some corporate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 183 ✭✭Rket4000

At the start of each episode we see the house in darkness and the voice over says something like "4.30 a.m......". We see one of the contestants answering and being told the task and that the cars will be at the house in 30 minutes. It looks to me that the drivers of said cars are in for a seriously long wait because it's always daylight when the contestants finally get into the cars.

Week 4 and I still barely know any of their names, but Francesca seems to be the brightest one among them so far. Which likely means her business plan is shíte and she'll be first out in the final 5 🙂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,401 ✭✭✭AyeGer

Plenty of dead fish being pulled from the sea there pretending that they caught them with the rod.

• Advertisement
Advertisement